Soarin' Single Flyers Line to Return?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I have heard whispers of this here and there, but no thread dedicated to it--rumors are beginning to surface that there will be an addition of a larger barrier b/t the Stand-By and Fastpass Return lines with interactive kiosks for guests to...let's be serious...fight each other to use in the packed Stand-By line. But, more interesting to me is a further rumor of the potential for a return of the Single Flyers Line, which I would love to see--this is one of the few things Disney can do to actually make wait times shorter since empty seats are wasted capacity anyways, so I'm glad to see Disney now considering Singles lines at other attractions. I hope we see this come true! If it proves popular at RnRC and then potentially at Soarin', we may see this continue to be expanded which would be very nice.

We talked to a man in line for Soarin at DL...he said that he was first in line in the single riders line for 40 min (longer than the stand by time). The way that the rows are set up for Soarin it seems like they can usually fill them with the different party sizes.

dxwwf3

Any Single Rider Lines added to the parks are a good thing. I have read that Soarin' at DCA is probably the least efffective SRL, but I still hope they add it to Epcot.

The Genii

The Single Rider Line at Soarin' Over California is usually no more than a 10 minute wait. It's perfect! Ditto for the SLR line at Splash Mountain in Disneyland. Again, usually a 10 to 15 minute wait (when the Fastpasses are long gone and the Standby line is 2 hours!).

dxwwf3

Ditto for the SLR line at Splash Mountain in Disneyland. Again, usually a 10 to 15 minute wait (when the Fastpasses are long gone and the Standby line is 2 hours!).

That is GREAT to hear. I'll definitely take advantage of that numerous times.

Jerm

The Single Rider Line at Soarin' Over California is usually no more than a 10 minute wait. It's perfect! Ditto for the SLR line at Splash Mountain in Disneyland. Again, usually a 10 to 15 minute wait (when the Fastpasses are long gone and the Standby line is 2 hours!).

I have never seen the SRL for Soarin' at 10 minutes. Soarin' is not set up for a good SRL here in DCA, I have waited alone for anywhere from 20 to almost an hour in SRL depending on how busy the park is.

J

EpcotServo

How many times must I explain this? I think this is three now.
:lol:

Soarin' had a Singles Riders Line. The demand (I.E. people in line) Was far greater than the number of seats opening up. So it moved REALLY slow. The first time it was open for me to try, there was about four people ahead of me in the Skyway part of the line. (Where the lines merge and split up) and I was there for 45 minutes. Plus another 20 minutes down at the loading zone. I actully could've had a shorter wait in Standby. I tried it a few times, and the Singles line for our Soarin' just didn't work. It was always nearly an hour wait. So they spent a bit of money to take off the sign, and change the maps. I highly doubt they'd spend even more money to bring it back when nothing has changed.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Sorry folks...don't get your logic. Fastpasses sell out at noon. Stand-by waits are often in excess of 3 hours. How is a 1-hour SRL wait not an improvement? As long as they clearly posted that wait time at the entrance, people would have no reason to complain. If it is about 3 pm, I have the choice of waiting 3 hours in Stand-By or 1 hour in the SRL (there is no other option because FPs are gone) or just not riding. Sure, I'll likely just return the next day, but some guests lack that luxery. It's not a tough decision. It stands to reason that if there are people willing to wait in the 240-minute stand-by line (and there are or the wait time would never hit 240 minutes), there will be people willing to wait in a 1-hour SRL. If you are suggesting that the SRL wait ever gets up to 240 minutes, you must be drinking something pretty strong. I usually wait about a half hour in the SRL at DL, and have never waited more than an hour. I view that as an improvement (even w/ DCA's lesser crowds, the stand-by wait time will routinely cross 2 hours).

Jerm

Sorry folks...don't get your logic. Fastpasses sell out at noon. Stand-by waits are often in excess of 3 hours. How is a 1-hour SRL wait not an improvement? As long as they clearly posted that wait time at the entrance, people would have no reason to complain. If it is about 3 pm, I have the choice of waiting 3 hours in Stand-By or 1 hour in the SRL (there is no other option because FPs are gone) or just not riding. Sure, I'll likely just return the next day, but some guests lack that luxery. It's not a tough decision. It stands to reason that if there are people willing to wait in the 240-minute stand-by line, there will be people willing to wait in a 1-hour SRL. If you are suggesting that the SRL wait ever gets up to 240 minutes, you must be drinking something pretty strong. I usually wait about a half hour in the SRL at DL, and have never waited more than an hour. I view that as an improvement (even w/ DCA's lesser crowds, the stand-by wait time will routinely cross 2 hours).

Well I hate this attraction so I would not wait any amount of time for it. So you can have my space in line.

J

Champion

How many times must I explain this? I think this is three now.
:lol:

Soarin' had a Singles Riders Line. The demand (I.E. people in line) Was far greater than the number of seats opening up. So it moved REALLY slow. The first time it was open for me to try, there was about four people ahead of me in the Skyway part of the line. (Where the lines merge and split up) and I was there for 45 minutes. Plus another 20 minutes down at the loading zone. I actully could've had a shorter wait in Standby. I tried it a few times, and the Singles line for our Soarin' just didn't work. It was always nearly an hour wait. So they spent a bit of money to take off the sign, and change the maps. I highly doubt they'd spend even more money to bring it back when nothing has changed.

The single rider line didn't even survive til the official opening, correct?

benji

The info on the Soarin queue just keeps getting more weird. I wonder whats going on behind those walls.:veryconfu

Rob562

The info on the Soarin queue just keeps getting more weird. I wonder whats going on behind those walls.:veryconfu

Well, there's two possibilities that I can come up with:
One is that they're having too many line jumpers hop over to the FastPass queue from Standby when they see people walking past them with no wait. Then they get up to the front and find out that they don't have a FP and get sent back. If they install a taller wall between Standby and FastPass, it would block this from happening. (And keep the Standby riders from getting disgruntled by seeing those "privlidged" people walking by) :rolleyes:

Or the other possibility I can see, perhaps they're narrowing the Fastpass queue (taking over some of the former Single Rider space) and widening the Standby queue by shifting the existing wall(s) over. Then they'll install switchback railings in the now-wider Standby queue to make it more organized and perhaps keep the Standby line from spilling out into the main part of the pavilion.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I believe it has been shown that if Stand-By guests cannot see the FP guests breezing by them, it decreases animosity and leads to happier guests--that's why for the newer attractions, there is greater separation of the queues (e.g. Everest and even Mission: SPACE does this pretty well). It would also allow for the installation of the proposed interactive kiosks for guests to quickly break.

ears2you

Wouldn't the single rider line pretty much guarantee that you would get stuck in the last row?

thats what i was thinking

if im gonna wait 3 hours for soarin im gonna wait the extra 10 minutes to sit in B1!

what i think they need to bring back is the single rider line for mission space.....

benji

Well, there's two possibilities that I can come up with:
One is that they're having too many line jumpers hop over to the FastPass queue from Standby when they see people walking past them with no wait. Then they get up to the front and find out that they don't have a FP and get sent back. If they install a taller wall between Standby and FastPass, it would block this from happening. (And keep the Standby riders from getting disgruntled by seeing those "privlidged" people walking by) :rolleyes:

Or the other possibility I can see, perhaps they're narrowing the Fastpass queue (taking over some of the former Single Rider space) and widening the Standby queue by shifting the existing wall(s) over. Then they'll install switchback railings in the now-wider Standby queue to make it more organized and perhaps keep the Standby line from spilling out into the main part of the pavilion.

-Rob
I agree switchbacks will organize the standbye queue. Most times when I do standbye I see people push their way threw the crowd to get on the ride faster. And that gets me upset.:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom