Soarin' Single Flyers Line to Return?

angelfaerie52

I totally missed that RnRC now has singles... and I check here like daily... is it open now and all the time? Also, is it time effective? I almost always have to go on this ride alone because my family hates it...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Yep. Works pretty well on RnRC. With coasters like it, any time a party has an odd number of guests, they need a single, so it works well. That's the problem w/ Soarin--the rows are so large that far more combinations of numbers will fill up a row. Big Thunder would work well with an SRL, but it's not really needed since its lines are usually not all that bad. Splash would work but with no divider b/t guests, maybe people complain about the creepy stranger next to them rubbing up on them? An SRL would definitely work well on Space Mountain, but they would need a better queue structure--maybe with the upcoming upgrade, they can think of something that works better. I do miss Mission: SPACE's SRL but its lines aren't really THAT bad and there's just no room for another line. They could send guests in through the exit if the lines ever become an issue and they seriously need an SRL. ToT could certainly use one, but with its complicated queue structure, it'd be very difficult. They ask for singles all the time, though, so it would work. It would work on Dinosaur (it works at Indy in California which is an identical ride system). It would also work on Kali (which could DEFINITELY use it--2-hour line for a 2-minute ride in July? crazy).

starwood

I hope they bring it back too. I was in Epcot by myself about two weeks ago, and I rode Test Track 3 times. I really wanted to ride Soarin, but the wait was 65mins!

culturenthrills

It is weird how the single rider line seems to work fine at DCA but not at WDW. Everytime I have used the single rider line at DCA the wait has alway been way shorter than the standby line. Maybe it is just that there are more APers in the park at DCA than at Epcot. Who knows. It is just weird.

degunter

SRL for Soarin at DCA and Epcot

For me, I have been the DCA 3 times and been on Soarin, using the SRL 6 times and have never had any problems or longer than a 10 minute wait... and this is when the Standby Line was 2 hours Plus! The only problem I had is I was with my Dad and we were both in the Singles Rider Line and they sent him on (which we knew we would be seperated)... but then I had to wait for the entire next show... so that was a bit inconvenient, but not Disney's fault at all.

As far as Soarin at Epcot... I have been on that more than 30 times since it opened and at least half of those times I have been alone at the park and usually either have a fastpass or the standby line is only 20 minutes or so... but in at least 10 of those times when I was alone, I ended up with 1 or 2 empty seats next to me... So I can see how a SRL could be used. I miss the days when SRL's were new at Test Track and no one knew about it....

A bigger problem to me and my question is, why can't they dedicate one screen for Fastpass and one screen for Standby.... and then when there are not enough fastpass people, fill in those seats with Standby.... I like the idea of Fastpass and do not feel like people are skipping the line, but they need to make sure Standby moves every couple minutes.... people get kind of testy when they are making no forward progress in the line.

I also wish they would have put the fastpass machines for Soarin outside of The Land.... it is a pain to go all the way down there just for a fastpass. They should install an ATM type machine somewhere central in the park where you can get fastpasses for any attraction.... That would be nice.

Rob562

I also wish they would have put the fastpass machines for Soarin outside of The Land.... it is a pain to go all the way down there just for a fastpass. They should install an ATM type machine somewhere central in the park where you can get fastpasses for any attraction.... That would be nice.

Part of the reason for FastPass is to have Guests visit shops and food locations while waiting, thereby increasing cash flow. If the FastPass machines were outside, there would be less incentive to do other things in the Land pavilion. But with the FP machines inside and downstairs, you have to go all the way in, then you turn around and..."Hey! There's a nice food court right there! Let's go see what they have to eat!" :)

I would have at least liked a nice themed sign outside the pavilion displaying what times the machines were currently giving out. It looks like we'll be getting this soon, with the installation of another Tip Board like in Future World East just across the walkway from the entrance to The Land.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom