Soarin' seating question

natalia1681

Original Poster
Anyone have a personal preference of where to sit on Soarin'?

I'm hoping that I'll have enough chances to ride it a whole bunch of times:D and sit all over the place, but I was curious if there was an area that sucks that I should avoid.

Thanks!

29 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandFloridian1

I've only sat in the first row, middle section. The seats were awesome! I've heard that if you sit in the rows further back you can see feet dangling above you.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Top, Center is the best only because you dont see anybody else's feet so the feeling is more realistic!

Im assuming that you havent rode it before? If not, it is one hell of a ride. Amazing!!!

Steven Lofgren

I rode for the first time on 9/14 we sat in the back row and you can see peoples feet above you. although hights dont bother me,this did help to reassure my wife we were only ten feet off the ground.

Rcoaster809

The first time I rode it I requested B1 (Front and center). I would recommend that you do that too for the first time. Ive sat in other places, and was still a great experience, but B1 is the best, the CMs were very accomodating.

imamouse

I've also sat in all rows on Soarin' and I found seeing the edge of the screen from the top row more distracting than feet dangling overhead when I was on a lower row.

Still - there is no such thing as a bad seat on Soarin'. Enjoy!
:wave:

We sat in the front row and that you are 50 feet off the ground, second row i believe is 25 feet, and the 3rd row is only a couple of feet of the ground...

i think this is what the cast member said...im having a little trouble remembering...

goofyfan13

Most rows are fine, but I personally wouldn't want to sit in A3 or C3 again, just because I could see the edges of the screen. Makes the experience a little less "over-whelming".

the-reason14

The best spot, IMO, is definately the front center row. The second row isn't so bad either, and I have yet to be seated in the third row. I want to, in a way, because I heard you feel the mist of waves at sunset, plus it would be nice to experience an already great ride in a new perspective every other ride.

CThaddeus

Dead center (second section, second row, right in the middle). You may move slightly less than in other sections, but you won't see the top or bottom of the screen. True, you'll see some feet above you, but I don't feel that ruins it as much as the top or bottom. The bottom is the worst, though, as the screen curves upward and really destroys the illusion. The far ends are only interesting in that you might catch a few details you probably won't in the middle (like rock climbers). But the hidden Mickeys are much easier to see in the middle.

Paul&chris2005

I sat on the third row on the right hand side, in the end seat (nearest the wall) - this is what I blame for not liking the ride - I could see all the feet, see the edge of the screen, see the control panels and staff - it ruined the whole experience for me to be honest - so go for the middle section.

DisneySam

I sat in the front row (definitely the best) and the end right seat. It was soooooooooo great! I would venture to say no matter where you sit it will be unbelievable!

imagineer99

Gepettotrevor said:
Don't worry........No seat on Soarin' is bad :D

Nope. I beg to differ...

Either get in the top two rows (hopefully the B section) or go home. The ride is incredibly lame on the sides and the lowest levels...it's about as much fun as swinging on a hammock. Not to mention you can see the screen edges...totally ruins the experience.

Wait for the top two sections of the B area. It definitely aids the experience (which was underwhelming in all aspects except the music, IMHO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom