Soarin Rehab?

pepelapew

Original Poster
From a previous thread, I had heard that Soarin has been having some repairs done to the floor. I had a friend who went there the week before Easter and she said that all the fastpasses were gone by time they got there. (I think they got there pretty early) They didn't care much because they go there 2 -3 times a year. I however, am going the week of April 23 -28, with my last trip being five years ago. My niece went this January, and said that I had to ride Soarin. I was wondering if anyone knows if the rehad on the floor is done or if the lines may have been long due to Spring Break times the week before Easter. Any information would be great, so that I can know what to expect.:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Soarin always has long lines, its incredibly popular. Over easter it was running between 120 and 180 minutes standby. Fastpass always run out for this attraction by early afternoon. Get there early and get your Fastpass. Enjoy! :)

disneywy

The work on the floor was completed before the Easter/Spring Break rush. So that won't be an issue for you. But like it was mentioned, it is always busy, so better to get there early.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Editted to reflect the editting of others :)

Incase anyone cares, referb is not a word, refurb is the short version of refurbishment, and rehab is for drug addict stars.

Oh, and Soarin runs a minimum of a 60min wait time, usually around 80-90, and the FP dissapear by 11am busy days, 1pm on slow days.

iheartdisney91

Editted to reflect the editting of others :)

Incase anyone cares, referb is not a word, refurb is the short version of refurbishment, and rehab is for drug addict stars.

Oh, and Soarin runs a minimum of a 60min wait time, usually around 80-90, and the FP dissapear by 11am busy days, 1pm on slow days.

i know it was bothering me. i was wondering about that. haha:lol:

Rob562

Well, rehab is short for rehabilitation, of course. And rehab also refers to the process of working back from an injury.

Merriam Webster defines rehabilitation as "1 a : to restore to a former capacity : REINSTATE b : to restore to good repute : reestablish the good name of
2 a : to restore to a former state (as of efficiency, good management, or solvency) <rehabilitate slum areas> b : to restore or bring to a condition of health or useful and constructive activity"

So depending on what's being done, I guess you COULD use "rehab" properly as a word describing attraction closures at Disney. (Like when they eventually close Stitch or Dinorama to remove them...) :lol:

-Rob

Skip

I was at Epcot Wednesday and no visible work was being done on Soarin... the floor work was completed already like the others said. We got to Soarin about half an hour after the park opened and got Fast-Passes, so if you get there early for FastPasses you'll be fine.

-Skip

HinunterZuNich

Soarin' is definetly worth the wait the FIRST time you ride, after that I would recommend riding it at non peak hours (around lunch/ near closing) when I've noticed shorter but STILL a wait. It's a great ride that continues to draw in the people, that says something!

Enjoy!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We were there the week before Easter and as long as you get there early, you can get a FP, ride then get a second without too much trouble. I have loved the ride since I first experienced it in CA, but would not wait 1hr+ for it, and there's really no need!

Mikester71

My wife and I were there 2 weeks ago on the early open morning and the fast passes were out at 11 AM.

I hear ya. We were there in March and they were gone by 10am or so. We hadn't rode it yet, so we had to go back to Epcot another day (my favourite park, so not like I minded at all). This time we went earlier and I grabbed everyones tickets up and went straight to Soarin' to get 5 fast passes. It was already dishing them out for between 3 - 4 pm by the time I got there (before 10am I think), but at least I got our passes.:D

IMO, it is worth riding for sure, but it wasn't what I expected for some reason. Not my favourite attraction but one I would still go on every time I am at Epcot for sure. Just my opinion.

Rob562

MousePlanet is reporting today the dividing wall in part of the queue will be replaced soon. Just a FYI.

Yeah, I saw that while browsing through the OCC website, but didn't say anything as it wasn't too earth-shattering. My guess is that they're making the wall between the Fastpass and Standby queues in the high-ceiling queue hallway taller so that the two lines can't see each other at all along there. They'll probably install a temporary contruction wall making the standby line narrower and use the unused Single Rider queue for Fastpass during its construction.

-Rob

pepelapew

Original Poster
Sorry about the verbage. I am new to all of these disney discussions forums and I used the phrase "soarin rehab?" because I had seen it other places. I guess I should have used Refurb. Anyway, thanks everyone for the information. My plan was to try to get to Epcot early to get a fastpass for Soarin. It is also probably our favorite park, and the last time my husband and I were there, we just didn't have enough time to do everything. I hope to get there before opening and stay for the evening extra magic hours to try to get to everything in one day. ( I know I am dreaming big here!)
Someone said that mouse planet annouced a refurb to the queue wall at Soarin' sometime soon. I tried to find it on the website, but couldn't find the info. Did anyone see this and if so, do you know any more details? We are going from April 23-28 and plan to be in Epcot on 4/27. Just trying to prioritizes my plans for the day. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I love being able to talk to all of you about this. I would not get this great info. from Disney.

WhyteAL

soarin' is fresh I can't wait to get on it again in May. I really miss non themed rides such as that one. Just rides because they were fun. I think that is why I like it more because none of the cartoons are attached to it.

Mr Starky

Soarin always has long lines, its incredibly popular. Over easter it was running between 120 and 180 minutes standby. Fastpass always run out for this attraction by early afternoon. Get there early and get your Fastpass. Enjoy! :)

Love Soarin!! What the misses and I do is try to wait for EMH and ride it later at night. You can usually get right on.

eroyee

:wave: Be there when the rope drops at epcot in the morning and head straight to Soarin. ride, then come out and get a fastpass. we did that many times. It is a great ride.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom