Soarin' Question

Rinx

Original Poster
Not sure if it was discussed already, but does anyone know for sure whether or not you are allowed to video tape the ride?

Tigger1988

I don't know for sure, but watching it on video wouldn't be the same in my opinion. You'd basically be watching a video OF a video lol

Pabgo

Watching it on video has little scrolling black lines, and you can't smell, feel the wind or anything! It's just not the same!

Chape19714

I don't think you are allowed. Flash/Lighted photography is definately out, but I'm pretty sure the CM's say that photograpy of any kind is prohibited. It would be difficult to film, and would not be the same.

OmegaKnight

Why would you want to videotape that ride anyways? It would be hard to get the whole angle and shot due to the way that the screen is laid out.

RonAnnArbor

It is not permitted to tape or photograph Soarin'...it is a copyrighted movie and your use of a camera or video equipment a) is not possible and b) would put others in harms way if you drop your equipment. They make an announcement that everything must be put in the seat pocket underneath your seat, and the CM's make sure you are not holding anything in your hands.

dave2822

You aren't allowed to videotape to my knowledge, though that doesn't stop everyone.

But,

If you go to video.google.com

If you do a search for it, there is a great video of soarin' courtesy of relivethemagic.com

You can download it to your computer or your ipod

kennygman

biggbird5182 said:
Watching it on video has little scrolling black lines, and you can't smell, feel the wind or anything! It's just not the same!

Hey you could plug in the fan, open a bottle of lysol and drink some orange juice! Just kidding, no flaming needed.

brertigger

A little different but...
I have heard stories about people who have attempted to take pictures on the ride. After the ride ended, the CMs released the seatbelts except the photographers'. Not sure what happened afterwards, but it sounds like they are quite serious about no photos (probably similiar about video).

Disnut

When I tried to video it last summer I was told I couldn't tape it and to turn my camera off but I was able to keep my camera around my neck.

SirGoofy

I'm sure it's not allowed. But honestly, why waste your time. It wouldn't give the same feeling as "flying." A feeling that wasn't to great in the ride anyway.

Sorry, but I was really disappointed with Soarin'.

SpectroPhoenix

I have another, completely different, question about Soarin'.
In the final scene of Disneyland, to the right of the matterhorn where Mickey's Toontown should be, all one sees is a bunch of red lights. Does anybody have an idea for what this area is? I was thinking it was a light parade, but that would be a little weird going through just that area.
Many thanks

ScrapIron

Pumpkin Phoenix said:
I have another, completely different, question about Soarin'.
In the final scene of Disneyland, to the right of the matterhorn where Mickey's Toontown should be, all one sees is a bunch of red lights. Does anybody have an idea for what this area is? I was thinking it was a light parade, but that would be a little weird going through just that area.
Many thanks

It wouldn't be that weird because the parade can only be in one area at a time, and the route does go back there. I have a clip of the ending I downloaded who knows when from who knows where, but since there's a Xmas tree in Town Square, it's probably IASW with holiday lighting. That's what it looks like to me, anyways.

Cheers.

Chape19714

ScrapIron said:
It wouldn't be that weird because the parade can only be in one area at a time, and the route does go back there. I have a clip of the ending I downloaded who knows when from who knows where, but since there's a Xmas tree in Town Square, it's probably IASW with holiday lighting. That's what it looks like to me, anyways.

Cheers.
It is most definately It's a small world all decked out for the holidays.

However, an electric light parade wouldn't be too far fetched because the Parade route in Disneyland runs from Town Square to It's a Small World, a much different route than at WDW. However, DL has not had a nightime parade since Light Magic, and the Main Street Electrical is now at California Adventure.

Contrary to everyone else, we taped it when we went. It was BRAND BRAND new...had just opened 2 days before. It said no flash photography, but I don't think (and I could be wrong) that it said no videotaping. They probably thought, "Who the heck would video this?" Well, we did. It's kind of cool actually - I mean, not as neat as being on the actual ride, but if you need an Epcot fix, it's fun to pop in the vid and watch it :wave:

Japhy

SirGoofy said:

So were we! It was our first ride this trip (last trip to WDW was 2000) and we were given the last row. I don't know if that killed the immersion, but the dangling feet and bottom of the screen I think wrecks the ride to a degree.

Tim G

SirGoofy said:
I'm sure it's not allowed. But honestly, why waste your time. It wouldn't give the same feeling as "flying." A feeling that wasn't to great in the ride anyway.

:( For This.... :mad:

I take away your tittle...

From now on you will be just Goofy...

It's hereby decided that SIR Goofy will be erased from the books...

So it is written, so it shall be done... :king:

SirGoofy

Corrus said:
:( For This.... :mad:

I take away your tittle...

From now on you will be just Goofy...

It's hereby decided that SIR Goofy will be erased from the books...

So it is written, so it shall be done... :king:

Sorry, Corrus, but I found it to be nothing but an Imax film made from bits and peices of other Imax flims, where your seat moves. I had the most fun when the seats moved into position and back to let me off the ride. Maybe if the movie didn't feel so disjointed I would like it, but it was just too choppy for me.

Does it make you feel better that I think EE is the greatest piece of Imagineering that I have ever ridden/seen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom