Soarin' Previews status

Centrifugeer

The_CEO said:
Someone posted earlier today about how they got news about the structure collapsing. I don't see how this could of happened... Doesn't the state of Florida have to inspect the ride before they open it to ANY kind of public?
The structure did not collapse.

There were two separate problems, both mechanical in nature. One was a problem with the screen in one theater and the other had to do with the center ride carriage in the other theater. Both issues have been fixed and the fixes are being tested. One or both theaters should be ready by tomorrow since there's a preview tomorrow evening for the Soarin' Imagineering team and their dependents.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Centrifugeer said:
The structure did not collapse.

There were two separate problems, both mechanical in nature. One was a problem with the screen in one theater and the other had to do with the center ride carriage in the other theater. Both issues have been fixed and the fixes are being tested. One or both theaters should be ready by tomorrow since there's a preview tomorrow evening for the Soarin' Imagineering team and their dependents.

Many thanks for clearing that up :) . We can put the crazy talk of collapsing out of the picture now.

Centrifugeer

wdwmagic said:
Many thanks for clearing that up :) . We can put the crazy talk of collapsing out of the picture now.
The structure of Soarin' collapsing would be pretty crazy.

As for the problems themselves...Soarin is still in the testing phase. These tests are designed and peformed to hone the staff and the equipment.

Apparently the tests are doing their job. :)

bjlc57

can I ask a question about soaring... ...

Is this one of those rides where you sit on just a little seat and your feet dangle? Is this like a roller coaster or can older, less adventerous, people ride it as well? As a big person I don't do well without something to put my feet on..

Atta83

bjlc57 said:
Is this one of those rides where you sit on just a little seat and your feet dangle? Is this like a roller coaster or can older, less adventerous, people ride it as well? As a big person I don't do well without something to put my feet on..

Yes you sit in a seat where your feet touch the ground at first , but once the ride starts going your suspended in the air and your feet dangle. Its an awesome experience!!! :sohappy:

makonyy15

Previews Back On Today!

I myself can confirm soarin' has been previewing for the past couple of hours. I got to ride myself and they were taking continuous tours into the building, pretty much a steady stream. There's no ride like it, it's one heck of a way to close out your own disney vacation. If not for the monorail ride past the Imagination Pavilion, we would have walked passed it on our way back to the Boardwalk, thought nothing and been home :cry:....but not the case! what an awesome ride!

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Soarin was not open to the public at all last week except for a few hours on April 1st. It was also not open on the 2nd or 3rd. If anyone gets on today, I'd love to hear about it. :)

bbll24

I was at Epcot last Saturday and the guy by the Imagination Pavillon told me that the Disney people took a test ride and were not pleased with the screen, so the ride was torn up because they were putting in a new one.

Unfortunately, I did not get a ride my whole trip.

The_CEO

bbll24 said:
I was at Epcot last Saturday and the guy by the Imagination Pavillon told me that the Disney people took a test ride and were not pleased with the screen, so the ride was torn up because they were putting in a new one.

Unfortunately, I did not get a ride my whole trip.

Sounds like B.S.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
bbll24 said:

That goes along with what's been posted here. One theater had a defective screen which needed to be replaced, while the other one had a mechanical problem with the center carriage.

GymLeaderPhil

I think Concourse 2 (Theater 2) is the one with the screen problems. You know how some movie films have blotches and spots occasionally? It seem like the film is already having those problems, mostly in the lower right hand corner. White blobs appear for a few seconds and go away. The screen itself looks much like a padded cell and is not smooth. Best way I can describe it is the interior cealing of Wonders of Life, many lines stretched across it. It is not so noticeable when the film is playing, but there are times when you can see the screen's outlines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom