Soarin over.......

matthope03

Original Poster
Ok I recently read something on the internet (yea, I know really realiable source but just hear me out) about a possible video change to Soarin. It sort of makes sense since they did not call the ride "Soarin Over California", makes me think there was a reason behind that. However, it is a little odd they would do a change when it is a brand new ride. I was wondering what everybodys take on this is?

Mr Bill

It has been rumored that in 2007, we will see a new video for Epcot's 25th Anniversary. I believe it was Jim Hill who said it would feature video from places all over the world.

Just remember to take anything that Jim Hill says with a shaker of salt, a grain just isn't enough with him.

Scooter

The way I understood it was that the Soarin Over California movie was only temporary at WDW Florida from the beginning.

Before They even opened Soarin in Florida, Disney had implied that this was temporary until they finished a differant movie for The Florida park.

They never did say what it would be or how long it would be before EPCOT got a new version, so it may take years before it happens.
I guess it all depends on Management and budgets allowances.

matthope03

Original Poster
I do know I did not read it from Jim Hill. I refuse to read his reports for the exact reason you just talked about.

A beautiful wish....

We really wish that they would make it "Soarin' over National Parks"... that way it could incorporate all areas of the U.S. and show everyone who can't get to a National Park just how beautiful they are.

Buford

This can spark a lot of reridability....much like Tower 4 :D :D

How about RANDOM films? Going into the attraction not knowing which one you'll ride....which scents and sights you'll experience.

(Maybe something for Mission Space, too?)

Shaman

Buford said:

How about RANDOM films? Going into the attraction not knowing which one you'll ride....which scents and sights you'll experience.

That would be interesting. But would it be possible? Is it actual film they use...or is it video on a computer that is projected onto the screen? If it is the later, then yes, why throw out the old videos? The new and older videos could be in some kind of "library" and a video randomly selected for each ride.

Blackie Pueblo

Since it is at Epcot I think they should show a film soarin' all over the actual countries that Epcot has. I think that would be really beautiful to see. Then the end should end with us going over Disney World!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.newlineagefilms.com

xtimMOOthyx

What about Soarin' Over...Florida? The Everglades, Miami Beach, Kennedy Center, Daytona Beach, Walt Disney World, etc. I would like this film.

MissM

xtimMOOthyx said:
What about Soarin' Over...Florida? The Everglades, Miami Beach, Kennedy Center, Daytona Beach, Walt Disney World, etc. I would like this film.
Hate to break it to you but all of Florida looks exactly the same. No, really. I've lived here 20 years and I can tell you that as far as scenery goes, Tampa looks like Miami looks like West Palm Beach. It's all very much identical.

Soarin' over the world would tie in with Epcot's World Showcase and would make the most sense for it's placement in Epcot. And there's a heck of a lot more interesting - and all different - things to see around the world then just here in Florida.
-m

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Buford said:

i like the random film idea..... and the obvious, the florida film

i think with the random thing, it lends itself too many great places in the world to film

trdisneyfan

$10 says that when the Epcot version is changed, the DCA version gets changed as well - even if it's just advertised as a temporary overlay. They're doing anything and everything to increase the attendance in that park, and I can't see Disney passing up this opportunity.

And another $10 says that it'll become "Soarin over the USA" before an international version is made, if for no other reason than it would be cheaper to produce. Plus, they could edit & theme it to look like you were taking off at WDW and landing in DL, or vise versa depending on the park.

DisneyBunny

I wouldn't mind one whit if they changed the whole thing to "Soarin over WDW." The Disneyland sequence at the end of the current film is my fave part right now, and it would just be a neat experience to fly over the entirety of WDW.

Think of the cool possibilities - you could smell SSE, and Rome burning as you fly over it, catch a whiff of pineapple as you soar over Adventureland, see a baseball being hit out of the park over at the sports complex.... it would be cheaper to produce than anything over the USA, and it would offer a different perspective of the parks. Sadly, this will only probably exist in my imagination... :cry:

Captain Chaos

DisneyBunny said:
I wouldn't mind one whit if they changed the whole thing to "Soarin over WDW." The Disneyland sequence at the end of the current film is my fave part right now, and it would just be a neat experience to fly over the entirety of WDW.

Think of the cool possibilities - you could smell SSE, and Rome burning as you fly over it, catch a whiff of pineapple as you soar over Adventureland, see a baseball being hit out of the park over at the sports complex.... it would be cheaper to produce than anything over the USA, and it would offer a different perspective of the parks. Sadly, this will only probably exist in my imagination... :cry:

And the film will have to be updated every time a new ride is open and an old ride is shuttered...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom