Soarin' Over NY in Kingdom Keepers III

Gantu

Original Poster
Stop reading if you've heard this one, or you don't want to know ...

A section in the new Kingdom Keepers book (III - Disney in Shadow)reveals imagineers testing a new film for Soarin'. What makes it believable are the great details included.

Below is a transcript from the book by Ridley Pearson:

"Willa looked up: New York City, not California as she had expected. She and Jess were flying over the skyscrapers and diving down into the avenues. They banked steeply left, then sharply right, and the air smelled of bagels as they reached a bridge. A seagull squawked and Willa had to keep her hand over her mouth to keep her squeal from being heard.

They were changing the location of the flight. Rachel and the man were troubleshooting the timing and effects. Suddenly the air smelled of hot dogs and mustard. Far in the distance Willa could see a long beach with crowded with families in swimsuits. The water was frothing white from thousands more out swimming."

The narrative goes on to describe the smell of hot dogs over Coney Island, a windsurfer causing a spray of water and the smell of popcorn over Yankee Stadium as Derek Jeter hits a home run.

So, is it artistic license or a deliberate plant by the publisher, Disney Hyperion Books?

disneysroyal411

OOOOO I want to know to! Although I would much have preferred Soarin Over the World, rather then this if it were real. It probably isn't or else they wouldn't have let him bring it up, but idk. O well.:shrug:

imagineer boy

I want to see a new soarin film, but I hope the film described is made up, because I want the film to be about soaring over the natural wonders of the world, thus tying it into the land pavillion.

disneysroyal411

The book is a work of fiction, no?

Blah, what do you know, let your imagination run free. Dang it, thus leaving us at the imagination pavilion, not really mentioned in the book other then Gigabyte, who's gone, same as the pavilion's imagination. Anyway, I think being a DHI would be fun, other then the Overtaker problems, but who knows what happens at Disney, Security guards aren't all that. Like Walt, I'll use my imagination.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Blah, what do you know, let your imagination run free. Dang it, thus leaving us at the imagination pavilion, not really mentioned in the book other then Gigabyte, who's gone, same as the pavilion's imagination. Anyway, I think being a DHI would be fun, other then the Overtaker problems, but who knows what happens at Disney, Security guards aren't all that. Like Walt, I'll use my imagination.

It's a work of fiction, thus the literary license with Soarin' Let's not start rumors where there are none to be found....

disneysroyal411

It's a work of fiction, thus the literary license with Soarin' Let's not start rumors where there are none to be found....

Yah I agree and I don't like the idea of Soarin Over New York. One time I said something on here, and it was all blue sky, I mean I didn't say it as a rumor either, I said it as what they should do. Later some time like two days, I go in a thread and some guy said their cast member friends mentioned "(insert what I said)" I didn't reply back, but was fed up with where that rumor could have gone if it did go anywhere and was really nothing.

Tigerace81

I just finished reading the book and found no reason to believe its at all true. I actually never even thought of it because why New York? What does that have to do with The Land or Disney at all?

Wilt Dasney

I don't think Disney would break the news of a new film in a mystery book written for tweens.

But...I done been wronged before.

Exprcoofto

Ridley Pearson also said that VMK was reopening fall of 2008. The guy doesn't know any inside info, he's just trying to make a good story.

PurpleDragon

I hate to be the one to say it, but isn't the subject of flying around New York skyscrapers still a bit of a taboo subject? I'm not bothered by it but I know there are still a lot of people out there with a sore spot when it comes to that subject.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom