Soarin' Over Florida

TP2000

A really nice takeoff of Soarin' Over California. But it just kind of proves in a very dramatic way why they should never actually try a Soarin' Over Florida ride film.

That film, while trying to show Florida in the most flattering light, just proves that the state is flat, flat and flatter. :cool:

BRER STITCH

I thought the Florida video was AWESOME! Nice work by the film maker!

Add a 30-second closing shot of Magic Kingdom and get it into theater 2 as soon as possible.

Double your pleasure...Double your fun! It's 2....2 rides in one!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Fantasmic!329

Was that Orlando Int'l Airport towards the end? I think I would recognize those monorails that take you to the main buliding from the terminals (& vice versa) anywhere!

KevinPage

Florida = oranges, wetlands, alligators, end of video.

I agree with the idea of footage of famous places all over the globe, but I don't think they need to change the name of the ride. Just keep it "Soarin".

Maybe they'll do a promo campaign, like "Soarian 2.0" so people know they have new destinations.

My only concern is that the ride could still be super popular in a few years and they don't feel the need to change it.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I have no clue...it must be in florida though....i'll try and do some research....someone else help me double it....search for.."Tall Tower in the Middle of a Bunch of Trees in Florida"

I agree with the majority here. While the video was done nicely, it acts more as an argument against a Florida film rather than one for it.

After living in Florida for the past 19 years, I can only say that it is boring, boring, boring from a geographical perspective! About the only two things I think anyone would be half-way interested in would be the beach and the Everglades. After that... :snore:

Yen_Sid1

What about Soarin' over World Showcase? Fly over the famous landmarks and terrain of the countries in the World Showcase. It could help Epcot advertise itself.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thrawn said:
They should have each of the two theaters going to a seperate film. Keep the California film, because you can't get that much varied landscape in one state anywhere else, and do either "Soarin' USA", or Alaska.
totally agree. you beat me to it. It would be nice to see Alaska but i think that Ireland, Finland, Cambodia would be incredible "hang gliding" experiences.

MasterYoda said it best about Florida film...... to flat.

Disneyfan1981

In Agreement

Yen_Sid1 said:
What about Soarin' over World Showcase? Fly over the famous landmarks and terrain of the countries in the World Showcase. It could help Epcot advertise itself.

I think that they should change the film to landmarks of the World Showcase. You could start off over the ocean, head into England and Big Ben, The Great Wall of China, The ruins of Mexico, Effel Tower in Paris, Bazaar in Morocco, Temples of Japan. It would be great! :D

mpaul32001

Original Poster
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That last idea is the best one yet....except have it sweep over Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, or at least show some of the capital.

djmatthews

Disneyfan1981 said:
I think that they should change the film to landmarks of the World Showcase. You could start off over the ocean, head into England and Big Ben, The Great Wall of China, The ruins of Mexico, Effel Tower in Paris, Bazaar in Morocco, Temples of Japan. It would be great! :D

I have to agree with Disneyfan1981 Sorin' Over the World would be amazing. So many sights, as well as the above mentioned - Sydney, Moscow and the Kremlin, the wildlife reserves of South Africa, the Palm in Dubai....plus all the great sights of the USA, Mount Rushmore, New York, New England in the fall. It would be great if they flew over the Disney theme parks of the world, ending with the USA... the final sequence ending in Epcot.

Tink7702

TAC said:
As others have said, the terrain is too flat, but (as others have said) do landmarks. Just like with the sample film. But do other landmarks.

Add some footage in the Florida Keys.. US1, then some manatees. Better footage of Miami, ala CSI:Miami footage. KSC is good, add in Daytona Speedway. The orange grove footage is good. Add the Blue Angels taking off, or something (like the Van Halen video). Maybe some footage of the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium (superbowl footage-stadium filled with people). The Sunshine Skyway bridge footage was good. Then sweep into Orlando, show the airport (maybe), then sweep over, AK, then MGM, MK, then slow down over EPCOT (monorail coming around SSE), sweep around EPCOT and start downward (slowly) toward the Land. Head inside, and toward Soarin' and fade out.

I definately agree with you. Although I think the geography of Florida is dull, there are so many landmarks that would make a great soarin video. I think there should also be some footage of cruise ships or one of the MANY cruise ports in FLorida.

BRER STITCH

Master Yoda said:
I'm pretty sure it is Bok Tower near Lake Wales.

NICE WORK, MASTER YODA!!!! :wave:

Good snooping to come up with that! Looks exactly like the site in the film.

Thanks!

I may even go check it out next time I'm down there! Looks like a beautiful place!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
BRER STITCH said:
NICE WORK, MASTER YODA!!!! :wave:

Good snooping to come up with that! Looks exactly like the site in the film.

Thanks!

I may even go check it out next time I'm down there! Looks like a beautiful place!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
If you are into architecture there are some Frank Loyd Wright buildings either on or near the Bok gardens. Definitely worth checking out.

stitchcastle

djmatthews said:
I have to agree with Disneyfan1981 Sorin' Over the World would be amazing. So many sights, as well as the above mentioned - Sydney, Moscow and the Kremlin, the wildlife reserves of South Africa, the Palm in Dubai....plus all the great sights of the USA, Mount Rushmore, New York, New England in the fall. It would be great if they flew over the Disney theme parks of the world, ending with the USA... the final sequence ending in Epcot.

This would be amazing

Very nice video. Amazing scenery and I love the music!
If they ever do redo the video for soaring, I hope they do a regional video for the US. WHere they Do different regions of the country, NE, SE, Mid West, South West, Pacific, Or a video showing diffrent Continents and climates. THese videos could be different every time you ride it, YOu never know what you are going to see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom