Soarin' Official!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWfan2209
That is not working! Can someone just pst the pick in the forums. Steve?

Try closing your browser, and hit the F5 key to refresh the page. Failing that, goto TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, DELETE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES. Then try again.

Main Street USA

Wow! Great news all around today!:)

I, too, was surprised to see that it will be an exact clone, but I can also say that this is one of my favorite attractions at DL/DCA.

It's such a relaxing and smooth flight over what is an extremely beautiful part of the USA. Incorporating this film into the theme of The Land pavillion should be very smooth. Can't wait to soar over California again, only this time, I'll be in my favorite place when I come out.:)

DisneyFan 2000

So I guess mermaid lagoon and FFF are no no?

Too bad!!!! But heck who cares!!!! EE, Stunt show, Soarin' and stitch!

Hey steve! Do you know what will happen to indiana jones?

It seems a little stupid to hold 2 stunt shows!

valmont

Thats so cool. I would have like if they did the movie instead of only California, they did it of all the USA, like starting from Disneyland and ending in WDW or the other way around :D

Goofyfanatic

I'm not to sure why so many people are upset with the california film being used here too. Without riding this...california would tie into the land just as much as florida...and I'm sure has much more interesting sights to see.

valmont

I think the problem is that they want something different, not something that already exist in another park in the US.

diegorivera2

I believe the greater concern here is keeping WDW separate from DL; many WDW afficiandos cringe when mention is made of taking a 'new' (and perhaps poorly thought of based on CA's overall dismal attendance) DL attraction and placing it into WDW. I, too, initially hated the idea of Soarin' Over Cailfornia in EPCOT more because I don't want WDW following DL's lead.

Invero

I hate to say this, but I am slightly dissapointed in the choice of using California. Am I to assume by "direct clone" it will be the same exact film?

It's not that I won't like it... but I wish they'd use a bit more creativity. They already have a Soarin over California... how about taking a great attraction, changing the film, and making it better. Someone suggested USA. There are other great ideas out there, as well. I don't think it would be so hard.

For all those guests who've been to DL/DCA, they now have no reason to be excited about this attraction. They've already done it.

That's just my take on the matter...

netenyahoo

It is about time WDW gets a clone from another park and not the other way around. The movie is awesome and everyone will like it. The only problem I see if if they do want to change the film sometime then they should just call the ride Soarin' or something else generic. It is an awesome ride - be grateful you get to experience it.

SpongeScott

As far as Steve's posts have gone, it is called Soarin', or am I missing something here? Perhaps they will change it, perhaps not. But, it is new and it will be a great experience for all of those who have never ridden it in California. Give them time and let them tweak it and see what changes are made.

PeeplMoovr

While I tend to agree that maybe they should have changed the ride a bit (although not to a Florida movie - I think California is much more exciting to watch from the air), I've been on the ride in DCA, and it's simply great. I'm no less excited about riding it in WDW when I'm down there.
I would've been partial to "Soarin over Washington State", but then I guess I'm a bit biased living in Seattle and all.
For those of you who have not been on the DCA Soarin, you're in for a treat when it comes to WDW. Trust me.
:)

Captain Cab

Originally posted by Invero
I hate to say this, but I am slightly dissapointed in the choice of using California. Am I to assume by "direct clone" it will be the same exact film?

It's not that I won't like it... but I wish they'd use a bit more creativity. They already have a Soarin over California... how about taking a great attraction, changing the film, and making it better. Someone suggested USA. There are other great ideas out there, as well. I don't think it would be so hard.

I was thinking the same thing too about this new attraction.

I am glad this ride is being added to Epcot, but one big question still remains. Why California?

If Disney decides to build this ride in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and/or Paris, would they also use the same California ride film? I certainly would hope that they wouldn't. The vast majority of those people have probably never been to California and have no way to relate to the scenes in the ride. How many of those people have actually been to the places in the film? Each version of the ride film should fit the region that houses the park.

It's probably safe to say that the vast majority of visitors to WDW live in the eastern half of the U.S. Therefore it would seem appropriate for the Florida version to feature scenes from places east of the Mississippi River. There is plenty of diversity in the landscapes and the Imagineers can easily make a high quality ride film just as good as the California version.

Is this an issue of the Mouse being cheap with its ride clones, or are they trying to get people more interested in making trips out to California (and DCA)?

Shaman

I understand people's discomfort over the idea of Soarin' being an exact clone, because I felt the same way for some time until I started thinking about.

Most people that visit WDW live in the East Coast, and so by placing this attraction in WDW not only do you place a ride which is famous from DL (and many have never ridden), but you also have a ride which contributes to WDW way of allowing people to escape from reality, for many don't know what California's landscape looks like....

Its a nice addition, once the ride is in place the movie can change. Nothing is really set in stone, its not like we'll be stuck with the same movie forever. But then again knowing Disney.......

GrannyJill2

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Ok, well there will be yet another ride I dont go on at EPCOT. Ill take a few pics but I wont go on it. This is Florida for cryin out loud! No offence to you people in Cali but I could care less about Cali (Except for DisneyLand). Make the attraction with a new video of flyin over the park or Florida or something!

I partially agree with you. Although California is a beautiful state, it would be more exciting to fly over Walt Disney World. I love the bird's eye view I get when I fly into Orlando. On one of our flights, we flew over Magic Kingdom while the fireworks were going off. Wow!

Whatever they decide, I'll be ready to ride....:sohappy:

meeko_33785

I was a little disappointed that it will be a direct clone of the DCA version, but still I think that this will be a good addition to EPCOT. A cutting-edge family attraction is just what the park needs now that they've added a few new thrills to the park. Looks like another good step forward for the park.

Nineinchnailsmk

Soarin over CALI-FOR-nia with your host ARNOLD SCHAWRZENEGGER (sp)

I can see people's gripes with the california part, but im looking forward to it!!!

Ive never been to Cali, so id like to see it. I think a "soarin over Disney" would be cool.... Fly over every theme park all over the world, etc....

But i cant wait to cali!!! (Im not bashing!)

Joalovar

I've never been in California because Florida is closer to me, so my only experience in Disney Parks is WDW. I think Soarin' will be welcome at Epcot .Not everybody in the east coast are familiar with California.

But chances are that I'll ride Soarin' at DCA BEFORE the WDW version because I'm planning a trip to Cali maybe next (I hope...) :lookaroun

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
All I can say is wow. I'm blown away, I mean sure, we practically knew it was gonna happen, but it wasn't confirmed and that's what gets me.. but moving on...

Hmm.. California. I think it's a great idea actually. California is the most populated state (right?), beautiful, and everybody says "I want to go to California someday!" and this ride will virtually put you in Cali and give a great ride.

I'm also happy that it is an actual addition, not a replacement like MS and TT were... Actually, I didn't hear anything about Food Rocks! being taken down, or will it?

Also, it prolly fits in with the whole Disneyland 50th anniv. that they chose to keep Cali...

I cant wait to get to the Golden State in 2005!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom