Soarin No Shop?

OmegaKnight

What irks me though is a stupid attraction like Stitch's Great Escape has TWO gift shops while Soarin' has none. According to the WDW Cast Portal, there will be no line of merchandise to tie in with Soarin'. I hope that they at least have pins for this ride.

Huck

I, for one, will miss the Green Thumb Emporium! It was always one of the highlights of my trip to buy something there. My cinderella pumpkin seeds are currently germinating (2 out of 3 of them, anyway), but my plumeria bit the big one.

Bring back GTE!!

mikeb_86

I two was wondering why but its good because of the trafic flow but like some of you sad thare my have a cart out site The Land!!!

OmegaKnight

Here is what it says about Soarin' merchandise on the internal WDW Cast Portal:

"Currently Soarin' will not have merchandise logo support, but there will be a special line of merchandise for the new stunt show at the Disney-MGM Studios: Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show."

Buzzforprez

No need for a shop. They just up the voltage on the ride and all our loose change and wallets fall out nice and easy. No need for a CM to run the register and require benefits. :lol:

Huck

Buzzforprez said:
No need for a shop. They just up the voltage on the ride and all our loose change and wallets fall out nice and easy. No need for a CM to run the register and require benefits. :lol:

Ha!
I'm not sure whether to laugh or dig my old parachute pants with all the zippered pockets out of the attic!

The Genii

Perhaps the Disney Company has learned a lesson from the extensive gift shop in Mission Space. Upon opening it was filled with ride-specific merchandise of a mind-boggling variety: toys, bobble heads, snow globes, food, prints, and on and on. It seems that only the pins and t-shirts really sold well, and lots of the other stuff was liquidated on DisneyDeals on eBay.
So far, the only Soarin' merchandise that seems to have shown up are pins. This will probably be followed by t-shirts and baseball caps.
Another thing to note is that Soarin' Over California at DCA has also had very limited souvenir merchandise available. While there were initially some clever beanies with a propeller on top, the only other items have been (unless I missed it) t shirts, baseball caps, and pins. This is in stark contrast to the tons of attraction specific merchandise that many other rides in the park had.
They must not think that there are many marketable souvenirs for this attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom