Soarin No Shop?

Jerm

This thread is SO ODD!!!!! Most of the time we are all upset at some space that is being used as a gift shop or having to walk right into one as soon as we get off the attraction. Now it's like what I can't spend my money on something?!?!? My head hurts! :hammer:

But as far as a gift shop goes we don't have one here at DCA either. Really what can you buy....a golf ball with Mickey on it? This attraction does not lend its self well to merch.

J

dxwwf3

I think most of us are happy that we don't have a gift shop at the exit. We are just in a state of shock :)

Not sure if I'll like Soarin' enough to actually buy merchandise or not, but hopefully there will be a good selection somewhere in the park.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Jerm said:
This thread is SO ODD!!!!! Most of the time we are all upset at some space that is being used as a gift shop or having to walk right into one as soon as we get off the attraction. Now it's like what I can't spend my money on something?!?!? My head hurts! :hammer:

But as far as a gift shop goes we don't have one here at DCA either. Really what can you buy....a golf ball with Mickey on it? This attraction does not lend its self well to merch.

J

Ah, was just going to ask this. I guess with no shop in the original, they don't have much merch to put in one here.

Don't worry everybody, theres plenty of other places to buy stuff!

Brad

At DCA the gift shop across from Soarin has some great things.
My daughter got a plush wearing a leather bombers jacket with the logo on back. The detail on the jacket is great. The whole shop was full of aviation type things.
That's where I think the theming falls short at WDW. They really do a nice job of tying in the whole CA aviation roots with the ride out West.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Jerm said:
But as far as a gift shop goes we don't have one here at DCA either.

Wouldn't Fly 'n Buy be considered the ride's gift shop?

They have some nice things in there based on aviation that I'm sure will show up at Epcot soon.

TP2000

There's no official Soarin' gift shop at DCA. You just walk out the exit into the big Condor Flats plaza. There is the Fly N' Buy shop across the plaza, and it does have some Soarin' stuff, but more "High Desert Airfield" type merch than specific Soarin' merch.

That may be the issue with the WDW Soarin' though, and why they didn't bother with any type of gift shop.... It's now themed to a contemporary airport, and that's not really an exotic environment of any sort. It's a theme that doesn't really lend itself to unique souvenirs.

diddy_mouse

hmm...no gift shop? very interesting....

hopefully, MouseGears will take over merchandise duty. or even if World of Disney managed to snag a few items at some point. :)

NIU EE

I don't mind the 'forced' gift shops if there is a wide enough path to walk straight out if you desire. I haven't seen the space after Soarin' as I haven't been there and won't be until May 19th, but if its a spot that they would have to 'cram' merchandise into, then I'm glad they decided against it.

Bravesfn1

Soarin Gift Shop

If they eventually build a Soarin gift shop, they should sell the cast member flight attendent suit. That would be sweet!

ToTBellHop

I like the Soarin' Over California merchandise at DCA, but with that hideous logo they went with for Soarin', this is probably for the better...

evanssc

I have not seen anyone mention the booth that sold plumerias in the old Land outside the little gardening shop. Have they both been removed?

Woody13

Remember that the gift shop will have to maintain the theme of Soarin'. The attraction depicts a wonderful aerial view of the state of California. In keeping with the overall theme and paying respect to the pavilion, the new gift shop will be called, "The Land of Fruits & Nuts". :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom