Soarin No Shop?

dxwwf3

Yes I was just wondering the same thing. What happened here? The big rumor for a long time was that the Food Rocks area would be the gift shop. And I haven't heard one word about a gift shop in any of the Land threads. Is there a store there? Is there a store ANYWHERE in the pavilion anymore?

dxwwf3

I cannot believe an attraction the size and scope of Soarin doesn't have a gift shop. That should make alot of people happy.

Number_6

They probably realized that putting a gift shop in there would have limited their queue space and it was more important to have good traffic flow. Mouse Gear would work for merchandise. The other possibility is that we may see a merchandise cart outside of The Land near the entrance walkway, like you get over at MK with Haunted Mansion.

KevinPage

I asked a CM on the ride and he stated they won't have one. Any merchandise will be at MouseGear or at the Pin Station.

I'm sure they will have some type of t-shirt or knick knack cart like they did for the Haunted Mansion in the future.

There is also space on the second floor of the pavilion to the left of the Garden Grill (as you look towards the back of the building from the entrance area).

Although not ideal, I'm sure it's space that could be changed into a gift shop area.

Shaman

There is space in the area before you exit Soarin' back into the pavilion...Perhaps in the future this will be made into a small gift shop area....I was surprised that I didn't see one though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is something that always makes me scratch my head. On of the biggest complaints I hear is that Disney has a gift shop at the end of every ride, corner etc. but when they don’t put one in everyone complains. :hammer: Personally I love the gift shops. The last time my wife and I did a solo trip we spent 90% or our time in the gift shops. I too was surprised they did not have one at Soarin.

bgraham34

I for one do not believe that every ride needs a gift shop. But then again Disney Parks are not for your amusement they are more of a retail experience anyway.

Epcot82Guy

I am surprised the "complaints" about no shop were raised, also. I personally like having shops in the pavilions, but I HATE when the ride exit queue goes directly through the shop. Green Thumb Emporium was one of the few that truly was a shop that you could look through but not have to walk through. I wouldn't mind that (in fact, even would prefer that). However, in a choice between no shop and an exit that divides the shelves, GIVE ME NO SHOP! :sohappy:

And as someone said, the Pressler-Eisner merchandising days seem to certainly be over.

Epcot82Guy

Great post. So true! Marketing principles 101! I HOPE Disney (and quite a bit of the rest of the commercial world) can take that to heart.

DanStat

Loves merchandise...

*chokes thinking about it*

I love gift shops! I save MY money to spend in them. Where will I get my Soarin' merchandise? No shirt, "toothpick holder", no Soarin' die cast vehicle? No pin?

I personally think merchandise extends the Disney experience. Plus, the gift shops always smell really good. Mouse Gear is good, though. It's nice to have a central location to buy everything at.

Chape19714

I would say Mousegear for the most part. Remember, Putting even a small area at the exit would make the crowds a nightmare, because both theatres run in unision, so a HUGE crowd comes out once every 5 min. This would be a nightmare for crowd-control, and they already are going to need ropes seperating the FP distribution from the exit, as people cut through FP dist. like crazy when coming out of the attraction.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I was also quite surprised.....

There does seem like there is plenty of room for a merchandise cart or something of the sort in the Exit/FP Distribution area though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom