Soarin is running

aklodge

TURKEY said:
Certain high ranking CM has been on Soarin. Said CM also said cast previews wouldn't be until April.
Wow, I didnt think it would be done so fast, but I guess that it is. I wish I was a CM so I could ride it in April, I cant wait to ride it! Thanks for the info!

SpenceMan01

Doesn't surprise me. There were pictures (on here) showing a couple of Imagineers on the ride mechanism a while ago. I'm sure they've got the essentials in and now are going to continue work in the aesthetics (eg: themeing and other things non-vital to ride function). Wish I was going back. Sounds like a sweet ride.

s25843

You also have to rember that since this was a cloned attraction, almost everything vital to the design and theming was already planned out, hence the fast turnaround time.

3singerkids

soar-in ride

I have been on this ride a dozen times in CA. I promise it will make you cry and most times everyone is clapping at the end. It is a thrill ride and a visual ride like no other. In fact it is the only reason we drop into C.A.(California adventure) at all. Go to the opening and have a great ride!
5 weeks till were at WDW, can't wait! :wave: :sohappy: 3singerkids in Ca.

Shaman

westie said:
I hear you can smell the liberalism, watch out east coasters!

I thought that was the scent of pine...or was it oranges... :)

I can't wait to compare WDW's version to DLR's....I'm thinking atleast the queue should be different...

Montu

blackride said:
Cant wait to ride it. Never saw anything like it in the past.

If you're so eager, than fly to California. The exact same ride has been operating since February 8, 2001 to the general public, so what's the big deal?

How the heck can you say you've never seen anything like it when it's already four years old?

Montu

3singerkids said:
I have been on this ride a dozen times in CA. I promise it will make you cry and most times everyone is clapping at the end. It is a thrill ride and a visual ride like no other. In fact it is the only reason we drop into C.A.(California adventure) at all. Go to the opening and have a great ride!
5 weeks till were at WDW, can't wait! :wave: :sohappy: 3singerkids in Ca.

I've never, ever seen anyone cry on Soarin' Over California. In fact in all my rides on it I've also never seen the whole theater clap at the end, or even half the theater. It's a relaxing ride - but it's not god's gift to theme parks as you seem to present it.

DDuckFan130

Montu said:
If you're so eager, than fly to California. The exact same ride has been operating since February 8, 2001 to the general public, so what's the big deal?

How the heck can you say you've never seen anything like it when it's already four years old?
Maybe for you it's easy, but a lot of us can't just "fly out to California." For a lot of us that have not had the good fortune to make it to DCA since this attraction opened, it will be something we have never seen. For me, I've only seen it on TV and when I see it in person, I know it will be a completely new experience for me, despite the fact I know it's "old" and I've seen it on TV.

There's more I can say, but eh not worth the time or effort.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
DDuckFan130 said:
Maybe for you it's easy, but a lot of us can't just "fly out to California."

PM me... If I went to DLR twice last year on the cheap, you can too ;)

It just takes strategic planning, but it can be done. I'm planning another trip this year for myself and some friends.

Indy95

DDuckFan130 said:
For a lot of us that have not had the good fortune to make it to DCA since this attraction opened, it will be something we have never seen.
GOOD FORTUNE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, excuse me...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Sorry, best laugh I've had in years. Thank you.

DDuckFan130

Indy95 said:
GOOD FORTUNE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, excuse me...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Sorry, best laugh I've had in years. Thank you.
Done laughing? Good. What I meant to say by "good fortune" is not being able to go to California to visit the DLR (and mkt, I PM'ed you :lol: ). Laugh all you want, but I wasn't even thinking in the remotest part of my mind about the fact that DCA is supposedly "sub-par" as opposed to other Disney theme parks. You can think it and laugh all you want, but that's not the message I was trying to get across :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom