Soarin is running

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
westie said:
I hear you can smell the liberalism, watch out east coasters!

Heh, heh, heh.......funny. Actually its pine smell...not liberalism... :lookaroun

But I cant believe that post didnt get the normal.....(in my best whiney voice) "Dont let this become a discussion about your political beliefs...blah...blah...blah....." :D

The Mouse Info

PhotoDave219 said:
Im not totally sure on that, its on an IMAX screen and im not too familure with that technology, however Im thinking taht the projector might be underneath you. That and we have two domes, back to back.

Here's an interesting link I found on how it works in a normal setting ... http://www.howstuffworks.com/imax1.htm

The Projector room is loacated above Bravo's Carrage. If you sit in Alpha or Carlie, Row 1, you can see it if you bend your body-outward. All that is behind the Imax Screen is scaffolding and supports. In the forward pitt is a Cherry Picker that was mandatory by Reedy Creek FD.

The only people who have ridden so far has been WDI, VP's from the park, and the Orlando Sentinel. All have ridden with a work print version of the film [Same film, just not a master/high quality copy].

PhilosophyMagic

As much fun as I had on Sorin' it was not an absolute TOP attraction for me. If you've never been on it, you'll have a lot of fun, but don't get your expectations too high, as you might then be a bit dissapointed. It's a bit like watching a very good IMAX movie, which can certainly be fun...

tirian

But I cant believe that post didnt get the normal.....(in my best whiney voice) "Dont let this become a discussion about your political beliefs...blah...blah...blah....." :D

He's been lucky so far; don't jinx him! :D

I've heard you can smell the liberalism, tanning spray, and silicone implants; and when you exit the ride and enter a gift shop, you get hit with a simulation of the California cost of living!

PhotoDave219

The Mouse Info said:
The Projector room is loacated above Bravo's Carrage. If you sit in Alpha or Carlie, Row 1, you can see it if you bend your body-outward. All that is behind the Imax Screen is scaffolding and supports. In the forward pitt is a Cherry Picker that was mandatory by Reedy Creek FD.

Sounds great, thanks for the details....

thisisnotanexit

can someone give me some details on this ride? because to me it sounds kinda lame... maybe i'm missing something. sounds like a modern version of o canada.

help??

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
PhilosophyMagic said:
As much fun as I had on Sorin' it was not an absolute TOP attraction for me. If you've never been on it, you'll have a lot of fun, but don't get your expectations too high, as you might then be a bit dissapointed. It's a bit like watching a very good IMAX movie, which can certainly be fun...

Will have to agree with you there. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride and everyone taking their first ride on it will enjoy it, but after you've been on it two or three times it just isn't a "must-do" attraction.

I'll be going to the AP Preview, but after that I'll only ride when I feel like it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
thisisnotanexit said:
can someone give me some details on this ride? because to me it sounds kinda lame... maybe i'm missing something. sounds like a modern version of o canada.

help??

Um, actually think of O Canada and you feel like your in a hang glider....you actually sit in a moving vehicle...for a lack of a better term.

Main Street USA

Whether or not this attraction will blow you away really isn't the issue.

It IS, however, a truly unique and relaxing attraction.

You board hang glider type "vehicles" at ground level that are set up in rows, then, you're brought up off of the floor and positioned one vehicle on top of the other in front of a giant IMAX screen. The vehicles then move in conjunction with the video to make you feel as if you were hang gliding over the scenery. Added "touches" enhance the realism and enjoyment throughout the film.

That's about as basic an explanation as I can give. I rode it in DCA about 2 or 3 years ago. I loved it, and I think it's definitely a repeat attraction. Very relaxing and entertaining! ;)

3singerkids

westie said:
I hear you can smell the liberalism, watch out east coasters!
I'm from CA. so thats why we get tears here. :cry: But when the military is flying overhead and it ends with the fireworks at the MK and your in this country enjoying all this, alot people leave teary-eyed. At least in CA. they always clap at the end :sohappy: . Politics and views don't differ on that! :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom