Soarin' in Imagineering Field Guide

SewIn2Disney

I hope they don't change it anytime soon, the score from that show is my number one favorite song from any Disney theme park attraction. I have it on my iPod, and I have been known to meditate to it. It's just soooo relaxing.

SirNim

SewIn2Disney said:
I hope they don't change it anytime soon, the score from that show is my number one favorite song from any Disney theme park attraction. I have it on my iPod, and I have been known to meditate to it. It's just soooo relaxing.
Well, there's no reason that the original score can't stay. In fact, it might be a great unifying feature of this and possible future editions of the attraction...

disnyfan89

I think a video of America would do rather nicely! We have great land marks and national parks we don't really need much more!

dxwwf3

SirNim said:
Well, there's no reason that the original score can't stay. In fact, it might be a great unifying feature of this and possible future editions of the attraction...

I agree. There's no way they can improve upon that score for that attraction.

disneydaft

I can't see them changing the film any time soon (Its only been open for a year), as someone has said above there are a lot of other places where the money would be better spent.

Wonders Of Life
A replacement for Honey I Shrunk The Audience
Star Tours

etc..

There have been rumours of Disney Studios in Paris getting Soarin in a few years time. Maybe they will change the movie then.

GoofMaul

mayoki said:
Yes that is the line I was referring to..It sounds like an tip of the hat to the original ride, then it will be modified to Soarin' over ?????

I think the confusion might come from the use of present perfect tense as opposed to using the simple past tense.

"This show, Soarin', takes us on an amazing journey over this great, big, wonderful land of ours. Specifically, California, as this attraction is presented initially as a gift from the California park."

Although it is perfectly legit to use the present perfect tense since soarin is still new, it does date the book and would have probably made more sense to us the simple past tense for clarification purposes. Changing is presented to was presented, I think, would have made more sense and would be more clear that this action happened in the past.

Not that I am a grammar expert or anything. :lookaroun :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would love to see a new movie and as mentioned before Soarin over the world is the obvious and IMHO the correct choice. The music score should stay. I can't think of a single piece of music that works as well with an attraction as does the score for Soarin. The one thing I would add is the smell of popcorn when coming into MK.

The ride system used with Soarin is the most flexible and family friendly flight simulator in existence. Its potential is limitless. Imagine a Soarin over Africa in AK, A new Star Tours using the Soarin ride system or Aladdin's magic carpet on the old 20k site.

I for one would have no objections to a Soarin type ride in all 4 parks at WDW.

SewIn2Disney

Master Yoda said:
I would love to see a new movie and as mentioned before Soarin over the world is the obvious and IMHO the correct choice. The music score should stay. I can't think of a single piece of music that works as well with an attraction as does the score for Soarin. The one thing I would add is the smell of popcorn when coming into MK.

Gross! How about a more nose-friendly smell......

like turkey legs!!

I'm just kidding. I think maybe a smell of the Main Street Bakery would be a nice addition to a new movie (as long as the score stays the same...) Mmmmm I can almost smell the turnovers there....:slurp:

Do you think that Disney would consider doing Soarin over the 'countries' from the World Showcase. That would be cool, and hopefully not take too much from their films.

Doing two different films is cool too, but how would you know which one you would end up in.

Love soarin - also love people calling it Soaring

RickEff

This is all speculation, of course - but I think this version of Soarin' was built with the possibility of change in mind. Remember, the version in DCA is called "Soarin' Over California" whereas WDW's version is just "Soarin'"

kcnole

I would be surprised to not see a change in film sometime. It's still a little strange seeing you soar over Disneyland while you're here at Disneyworld. I just don't expect to have this change anytime soon. I'd love the soarin' over the world idea but I have no idea how expensive that would be to film.

disneywy

DrJones said:
I believe the "initial" aspect might be referring to the night time scene where they fly over downtown LA. The video isn't very clear and "faster" than real time, from what I've heard LA would not let them do a 2nd fly over, thus there initial trial run had to be used.

I can't remember where I heard this, so its a rumor.

This might be confused with the desert scene where they were only allowed a very short window to film and had to make sure the horses were not ruining any artifacts as they trotted along. It could be possible about the LA thing, but it hard to believe as their are always so many helicopters flying above the city. (I actually live just below where it cuts into the downtown LA shot).

On a side note...is it really Eisner hitting the golf ball? I have never heard that and seems like a joke. No offense to the people who brought it up, but just curious since I haven't ever heard this.

(This post seems so negative, please don't take it that way, lol :) )

Epcot82Guy

I think this can work either way.

I will guarantee you a new film is coming (big shock, I know). When is anyone's guess. I personally think Soarin over the Land is the best bet, looking at biomes and major natural wonders. However, there are lots of possibilities. I think a focus on the land itself is more appropriate than contries, but the nice thing is that there are so many options with this ride system.

yensidtlaw1969

disneywy said:
On a side note...is it really Eisner hitting the golf ball? I have never heard that and seems like a joke. No offense to the people who brought it up, but just curious since I haven't ever heard this.
I don't know whether or not he is hitting it, but the golfball flying at you was his Idea. Maybe someone along the line misunderstood and thought that he was in the film hitting it (which he may very well be -- I don't know). I just know it was his Idea to put it in.

Yensid "It's kinda like a game of telephone" tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom