soarin concept for american pavillion

kid at heart

Original Poster
I'd like the idea a soarin through american over the grand canyon.....Mt Rushmore....i bet it would add a good bit of excitement to the world showcase.Any thoughts .

Expo_Seeker40

It would be very unfeasable to do that, HOWEVER because Epcot uses only the generic term "Soarin" and not "...over california. I'm sure we will eventually see a new film that either takes us over Florida, America, or even the world to help fit Epcot's land theme. The only films I know of that even did what you are asking to happen are America the Beauitful and American Journeys both long gone circle-vision films. :wave:

ReturnOfGhost

What? Nope. No changes are coming to American Adventure. Especially one like you described. Soarin is going to get a new movie though. I swear. :drevil:

basas

I wouldn't like this as a replacement for the American Adventure, but it would be great as an eventual replacement for Soarin's current California-based film. I'd love to see a "Soarin' over America" or something similar involving landmarks and landscapes all over the nation. Imagine, one second flying through the streets of New York, the next through the Grand Canyon, and the next beside a Hawaiian Volcano…the possibilities are endless!

MAF

ReturnOfGhost said:
What? Nope. No changes are coming to American Adventure. Especially one like you described. Soarin is going to get a new movie though. I swear. :drevil:
Whatever, Return of Ghost(Busters)

csaribay

ReturnOfGhost said:

I concur. The large lightboxes and Q & A screens that face Soarin's queue line indicates that there's far more to this world than the fine (albeit limited) state of California. I'm sure we'll see a much broader, worldly film soon.

As far as Soarin' being added to the American Pavilion, this is highly unlikely. As great as this could have been (think of it- a "thrill" [at least relative to the area] attraction in the World Showcase portion of the park, advocating the natural beauty of this country), the development costs alone simply eliminate the use of this attraction in a separate area of the park. Not to mention the large show building, which would easily dwarf the forced perspective used in the World Showcase.

kid at heart

Original Poster
not to replace AA but to add to it.

It's just that there are more places than California to show not that California isn't nice.How cool would it be to soar over the statue of Liberty or wherever.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I do hold out the hope that Soarin' type films will become the circlevision 360 of the new millenium and in a decade every Disney park will have 1-2 of these presentations on different topics.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I would like to see them use the Soarin' technology to create a more immersive adventure with more of a storyline. I've always thought of Soarin' as being kind of like the "Magic Journeys" of this technology...more of an experimental thing to show off what can be done with it.

forbidden donut

csaribay said:
As far as Soarin' being added to the American Pavilion, this is highly unlikely. As great as this could have been (think of it- a "thrill" [at least relative to the area] attraction in the World Showcase portion of the park, advocating the natural beauty of this country), the development costs alone simply eliminate the use of this attraction in a separate area of the park. Not to mention the large show building, which would easily dwarf the forced perspective used in the World Showcase.

As long as Soarin's queue line is now they could "straighten it out" and it would probably reach all the way to the American pavilion. :D

Iakona

ReturnOfGhost said:

You have less than zero credibility. Zero would be if you were a new poster being a know-it-all without citing sources. Less than zero because of the name you chose.

righttrack

The great thing about the Soarin' ride system is that similar to the 3-D theaters, this concept can be used for just about anything. I would expect, given its success, that this system gets "recycled" and used in other ways. Take a concept like Ellen's Energy Adventure, or anything, and put it in the ride system and you'll have a winner.

RonAnnArbor

I know the new film is in development - but it takes a long time and a lot of money to do these films (Jerry Goldsmith alone was paid over a million for the original 5 minute score to Soarin' over California). A while back, Variety had a listing of a permits pulled for several flyover sequences in CHI and NYC by Disney. Of course that is not proof that it is for a Soarin' sequel but Disney is not known for pulling permits to do fresh film for major releases when they have plenty of stock footage to use. Its assumed it was for Soarin'. (Witness, the penguin opening to Eight Below is the same stock penguin footage used in the Circle of Life movie at Epcot).

These of course are all ongoing rumors, but they have been confirmed by a lot of different sources. As to moving it to American Adventure, that certainly won't happen. Do you know how many giga-millions of dollars they spent to install it in the Land Pavilion? It's not going anywhere.

DisneyFreak529

I think it's a good idea but two different soar'n rides would just be a little on the silly side. You would have one in Epcot & one in world show case?? Little over done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom