Soarin' AP Previews???

Kaleigh

Original Poster
Hi! I am going to WDW in mid-April right around the time the AP previews are taking place for Soarin. Since I am not a AP holder, will this affect my chances to ride, or will they also allow regular park guests for soft openings like they have been during this time as well. I just remember when I went during the AP previews of Philharmagic, only passholders got to ride, but I don't think they had soft openings before that, so that could've been the difference. Anyway, your ideas?

philsfan2185

I'm new to the whole "soft opening" thing because I'm never there when new rides are getting ready to open. I was able to experience Soarin' for the first day of testing that was held. I would imagine that they would stop the soft openings some point in April just so it doesn't stay open everyday until May 5th. But I'm really not sure, this is just my opinion.

Slacking

I went during AP previews for Stitch, and only AP holders (and DVC members) were allowed access to the attraction. I assume this will be the same for Soarin'. But, I would also guess that on non-AP preview days, the attraction should be open for at least part of the day to all guests.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I gather the soft openings run rather infrequently something to the tune of 2-3 times a day. The AP previews seem to run with more frequency. Pretty much if there are no technical issues the ride will run constantly but you must have an AP or DVC membership. At SGE they weren’t making any exceptions. Even if a few members in a party had AP and the others did not.

Chape19714

AP Previews run during normal operating hours of the park, the entire time, unless there is a techinal difficulty. Sometimes, if the park is open really, really late during an AP preview, they may close an hour or two early, Otherwise, it is during normal park hours.

During AP/DVC Previews, ONLY those with an AP, PAP, or SP (annual pass, premium annual pass, or seasonal pass) are allowed in. People with Magic your way plus tickets are not allowed in, contrary to what people think. Your WDW Resort key is not acceptable for admission to the preview either. Sorry to sound rude, but just stating the facts.

So, unless you have a VALID AP, or a DVC Membership Card (also has to be valid), you will not be able to experance the attraction under preview.

Sorry, I know that's not the news you want to hear, but just the way it works.

The preview for Soarin' is April 15, 16, and 17. (a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

As with Philharmagic ONLY passholders will be allowed to ride, even though Soarin' has had a soft opening before the preview. Mission:Space had soft openings before the preview as well, but during the dates, it was open for passholders only.

If you have any questions just post...I'll try my best to answer them.

Kaleigh

Original Poster
Thanks! On the days prior to the AP Previews, will the soft openings that have been taking place lately still be occurring? We get there the Tuesday before AP Previews.

wannabeBelle

Kaleigh said:
Thanks! On the days prior to the AP Previews, will the soft openings that have been taking place lately still be occurring? We get there the Tuesday before AP Previews.
That unfortunately is anyone's guess. Soft Openings are unpredictable at best. Could they be going? sure. Would I check?? OH YEAH!!!!! it is a guarantee?? Nope not a shot. Could it only be for a few hours and you may miss it altogether?? yes. It is just that unpredictable, sorry. Belle

OmegaKnight

Soarin' Cast Previews are April 8-10. Previews for Annual Passholders are April 15-17. You will probably have a better chance of getting on Soarin' during the cast preview runs. When they were doing the cast previews for Stitch, the cast in attendance got priority admittance but they filled up the remaining seats in the chambers with regular park guests.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
you also have a slim, but positive chance right now from what a little birdie told me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom