So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 20: The Final Frontier(Land) - An Invite Only All Stars Event!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
318735192_5998543243518121_7076889348493232811_n.jpg

318735192_5998543243518121_7076889348493232811_n.jpg
Welcome, one and all to the final(?!?!?!) season of So, You Want to be an Imagineer. With forums as a whole in their twilight days on the internet landscape, I wanted to craft a special season that could stand tall as the final installment of the long standing run of the Armchair Imagineering game that started it all. It's for this reason that co-host @goofyyukyuk and I have spent the past few months recruiting and hand-picking a specific batch of All Star players to go head to head in one last creative slugfest.

The projects this time around will aim to take some of the best concepts of SYWTBAI prompts...weird IPs, "Alternate History", genre mashups, and much more, and roll it into a potent mix Greatest Hits gameplay elements like Walt's Vault, the Diamond PoMVP, and Project Leaders.

Let's just get a few of those gameplay elements out of the way first for exposition sake. Each round, every team will need to assign themselves a Project Leader to control the flow of the brainstorming and creative output. It is the Project Leader's job to nominate two team members for elimination at the end of each round in the event their team looses, and nominate a Power of MVP (PoMVP) winner in the event their team wins which grants said player immunity from being nominated for the next round. Players can only become Project Leader once until after a team swap or merge.

Alas, there's shenanigans afoot as Walt's Vault threatens a variety of results every time a lucky (?) receiver of the Vault Key decides to take the risk to open it. Results can include advantages and disadvantages in the prompt, the unlocking of secret powers, potential team swaps, and the dreaded Diamond PoMVP which is the most powerful weapon in the game and grants whoever holds it the ability to save themselves or another team mate from being nominated for elimination once at any point before the semi finals.

With the housekeeping out of the way, let's get to the cast. With the two teams, we decided to go in a topical direction and theme them after a pair of the most iconic real life Disney Villains who in their own ways can be viewed as misunderstood underdogs. We have Team Chapek...a team of relative newcomers to the game lead by perhaps its all time most iconic leader. Team Chapek is named after the man who burned the company to the ground throughout his brief tenor as the Disney CEO, but who many are starting to get a bit of a sympathetic light towards due to the completely insurmountable circumstances the man found himself in at the start of his infamous reign. Team Chapek hopes to hone in on the spiritual missed potential of Bob Chapek if a certain virus hadn't burned a lot of things to the ground before he had the chance to do anything one way or another.

Next up we have Team Eisner. Much like Chapek, by the end of Michael Eisner's run he had become a flat out Disney Villain even becoming publicly vilified by an elite member of the actual Disney family. Eisner is an even more complicated figure than Chapek though, since his downfall was a lot more drawn out and he experienced, far FAR higher highs through his reign even going as far as to saving the company in some respect. Team Eisner will be made up of a who's who of All Stars, with some of the game's all time biggest power players stepping up to the plate. Team Eisner's spiritual goal will be reaching the highs of the 80s/90s Disney Empire while avoiding the crashing low of his downfall through the 2000s. To bring back a long running joke from the WDWMagic era of the game...you want to avoid sheer effing hubris!

And with that we'll be using this thread to one by one introduce the players. Look forward to the full cast to be revealed throughout Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, with the game officially launching the first project MIDNIGHT on New Years Eve.

16th Place: @MagicKingdom4Ever
15th Place: @Basketbuddy101
14th Place: @TheSorcerersApprentice
13th Place: @ThemeParkPriest
12th Place: @Imagineer Brandon
11th Place: @Shannoninthemagic

The Jury
10th Place: @Lizzy May Bee
9th Place: @spacemt354
8th Place: @Disney Dad 3000
7th Place: @Brer Panther
6th Place: @Dark PerGron
5th Place: @AceAstro
4th Place: @monkey92514

3rd Place: @Tegan pilots a chicken
2nd Place: @OSUPhantom

1st Place: @Pi on my Cake

Project Glossary

Project One: When Cowboys Met Aliens (Chapek / Eisner)
Project Two: The Final Voyage of Skipper Dan (Eisner / Chapek)
Project Three: The Way of Water Rides (Eisner / Chapek)
Project Four: Synergy - The Musical! (Nu-Eisner / Nu-Chapek)
Project Five: Dollywood After Dark (Rides) (Nu-Chapek / Nu-Eisner)
Project Six: Downtown Bound (Nu-Eisner / Nu-Chapek)

Project Seven: NickToon Town
Project Eight: Waiter, There's Creepy in My Pasta
The Gang Gaslights The American Public
Project Nine: The Hollywood Mountains
Project Ten: Nintendo's Sci-Fi City
Semi Finals: Magical Merry Nights
Final Project: Disneyland IS a Museum!

Attachments

• qETKaqG.jpg
    qETKaqG.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 765
  • A8JZ2Rn.jpg
    A8JZ2Rn.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Representing Team Chapek is a player who's legacy goes back further than ANY other, even though he's been lowkey in the seasons he has appeared in. Better known as Stitch back in the day, the two of us originally met on the PRE-VF Disneyland fan site MouseTimes. It was there that Stitch was one of the most active participants on my pre-SYWTBAI competition called "The Imagineer" which resulted in the game you know today being launched on VisionsFantastic. As such, this man literally has more roots within the core fabric of the game than anyone else in any cast. It's my absolute pleasure to welcome @OSUPhantom!!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Appearing next on Team Eisner is the man who's infamously the highest ranked on the Tiki's Friend Tier List. Coming into his own in the golden age of the VisionsFantastic era, he made a big name for himself with the straight up game-changing one two punch of being the first player to actively utter different fonts and formatting in a presentation style and pioneering the idea of the Comedy Project. Someone get this boy a big old banana and punch him a ticket to Curious George Town. It's @monkey92514!!

goofyyukyuk

What about me? Am I joining this time? please? I'm most likely to be in Team Eisner.
Sorry DisneyFan, but we already have a full cast! For our 20th season, we invited players that had experience in the game for an all-star season, and most of them said yes, so we just don’t have space in the game for any additional players. We hope you’ll be following along though and hope to see you in other Imagineering competitions!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry DisneyFan, but we already have a full cast! For our 20th season, we invited players that had experience in the game for an all-star season, and most of them said yes, so we just don’t have space in the game for any additional players. We hope you’ll be following along though and hope to see you in other Imagineering competitions!
Ugh, I want to play the game so badly. I don't want to wait next year, please? I don't want to wait next longer. NOOOO!!!! Please, let me to be additional player?

spacemt354

Chili's
Ugh, I want to play the game so badly. I don't want to wait next year, please? I don't want to wait next longer. NOOOO!!!! Please, let me to be additional player?
If you want to be involved in the game you can be a guest judge. The game has been announced for a while yet you choose to react like this after the cast is complete. It’s not fair to everyone else. If you have any other interests feel free to PM me

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If you want to be involved in the game you can be a guest judge. The game has been announced for a while yet you choose to react like this after the cast is complete. It’s not fair to everyone else. If you have any other interests feel free to PM me
I don't want to be a judge, I want to play the game or not. How I'll PM you for playing the game not being a judge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom