So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

Outbound

I'll make sure Team Ringling gets first dibs next time. I just went in alphabetical order this time around. Not that five minutes of brainstorming is going to matter in the long run haha.
Fun fact, @spacemt354 realized behind the scenes of SA7 that we could post the brainstorming PMs hours before they went live without the players, and just add them to the PMs simultaneously without a delay. I don't think we ever shared this but it was a super cool innovation that should probably be used more.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Fun fact, @spacemt354 realized behind the scenes of SA7 that we could post the brainstorming PMs hours before they went live without the players, and just add them to the PMs simultaneously without a delay. I don't think we ever shared this but it was a super cool innovation that should probably be used more.
GENIUS! I’ll be using this for ICABW, if you don’t mind. 🤣

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes! Thank you for reminding me as I don't think we ever mentioned that.

Basically what you do is make the Team PMs an hour or so in advance with the judges in them. Just let them sit there until your ready to post the prompt in public. Then just have the team list in front of you and plug them in to the already established PMs and there is no delay!

TheOriginalTiki

Me for the next 90 minutes.
20210527_185729.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Hey everyone, just wanted to step in and say the past few days have been more busy than expected for me so I'm sorry I haven't been able to get feedback in yet for Project Zero. My goal is to have written feedback for everyone in their individual submission conversations by the end of the weekend. That being said, I have gotten a chance to read and grade them all and ALL PROJECT ZERO PRIZES HAVE BEEN AWARDED.

TheOriginalTiki

Going to crack out all my Project Zero feedback after work. I wanted to take a moment to address something that's going to affect a few people's presentation scores and I want everyone to take it to heart going forward. If you use a document for a project that's just reference photos and text, it honestly is just an extra step for judges and I'm going to start docking points for that approach. There are certainly many great ways to use documents in presentation, for judging purposes I'm going to ask ya'll not to do the format unless you have a specific context for it (example: My Saltwater Pier project where I used documents as journal entries for the fictional founder of the Boardwalk where I used prose almost exclusively to flesh out the details of the land)

Just want to make sure were on the same page with that distinction moving forward. K? Kay! WORD!!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Going to crack out all my Project Zero feedback after work. I wanted to take a moment to address something that's going to affect a few people's presentation scores and I want everyone to take it to heart going forward. If you use a document for a project that's just reference photos and text, it honestly is just an extra step for judges and I'm going to start docking points for that approach. There are certainly many great ways to use documents in presentation, for judging purposes I'm going to ask ya'll not to do the format unless you have a specific context for it (example: My Saltwater Pier project where I used documents as journal entries for the fictional founder of the Boardwalk where I used prose almost exclusively to flesh out the details of the land)

Just want to make sure were on the same page with that distinction moving forward. K? Kay! WORD!!

So just to make sure I understand… you don’t want basic documents used in general? Or do you mean documents linked to other documents?

TheOriginalTiki

So just to make sure I understand… you don’t want basic documents used in general? Or do you mean documents linked to other documents?
Linking to a document as a part of your project (EX: A "journal entry" from a character, or a stand-alone marketing campaign) is fine. I just don't want the document in itself used as the only means of presentation unless you have a reason to use it. If your project can be presented as just text and photos (which I want to emphasize is TOTALLY fine) I'd rather see it posted in whole on the board itself. The exception being if the project is too large to fit into a forum post. So something like a whole land I can totally understand wanting to put into a document format. This project is a good starting point example of something that really shouldn't be vast enough to require using a document approach in its own right, but like I said if you want to have stand-alone documents within the project itself that's fine. I hope I'm making sense haha. It's really a matter of organization on my end.

TheOriginalTiki

If you're going to use the formatting tools available, like different text sizes/colors backgrounds etc. that's fine. Where I draw the line is when the project is relatively short and nothing but text and reference photos with little in the way of formatting. Again, MAKE A DOCUMENT ONLY WHEN YOU FEEL IT WOULD STRENGTHEN THE PROJECT.

Feel free to message me on an individual basis if you need any clarification on a project by project level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom