11. @spacemt354
12. @englanddg
13. @DSquared
14. @MANEATINGWREATH
15. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
16. @Poe Dameron
17. @iamaninsomniac
18. @disneyforever101396
After an almost two-year long hiatus, and a move to a brand new forum, SYWTBAI was back with a vengeance, boasting its largest cast at the time as well as the first that I can fully tag.

Season 13 was wild break from the status quo set during the preceding twelve seasons. While the familiar team gameplay remained, there was one very distinct twist added - The Killer Twist. Separated into two teams, Team Hightower and Team Mystic, contestants would work to complete a variety of projects. However, they'd also have to be on the lookout for the killer on their team who would be actively working to sabotage the team. Also present for part of the season was a proper storyline. Though it would become mostly abandoned as the game progressed, the season did have a full story, centered around SEA with contestants playing in Mystic Manor.

Obviously, Season 13 was the peak of the "Strategy Seasons" essentially making strategy necessary to progress in the game. This experiment was largely a success with two very enthusiastic killers, @mickeyfan5534 and @SandyClaws, wreaking havoc throughout the season and making it pretty far to the end. I know that @TheOriginalTiki and @spacemt354 have specific stories to tell about the season, so I'll leave the specifics to them, but overall the season was fairly successful if not controversial. The Killer Twist seems to have gotten strategy out of the game's system as the concept has been shelved indefinitely and heavy strategy and social gameplay has lessened considerably in recent seasons.

In the end, @RMichael21 beat the killers and took his place as the winner of Season 13.

I was definitely big on the Imagineering strategy games with this and The Sole Imagineer back in the day, almost too much. :cool: Can't believe this was five years ago, though, wow.

In all seriousness, glad to see that some of y'all haven't forgotten about me considering that my last competition was over three years ago now, I think. :bookworm: Glad to see SYWTBAI is still going strong, I'll be lurking and chiming in every now and then.

JokersWild

Original Poster
I was going to make a response to this, but I think the only differences in mine would be moving The Wall and Piper up to S and moving Meddle down to A. Granted I haven’t listened to Meddle since I was in high school so you might actually be correct.
Upon further reflection:
my-image (4).png

AND BONUS BEATLES
my-image (5).png

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 556456
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 13

Season 13 - Get A Clue
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild
(Summer 2016)

1. @RMichael21
2. @Basketbuddy101
3. @SandyClaws
4. @mickeyfan5534
5. @FigmentsPigments
6. @KingOfEpicocity
7. @Flippin'Flounder
8. @Angels and Disney's
9. @disneydf
10. @TheDesignPirate
11. @spacemt354
12. @englanddg
13. @DSquared
14. @MANEATINGWREATH
15. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
16. @Poe Dameron
17. @iamaninsomniac
18. @disneyforever101396
After an almost two-year long hiatus, and a move to a brand new forum, SYWTBAI was back with a vengeance, boasting its largest cast at the time as well as the first that I can fully tag.

Season 13 was wild break from the status quo set during the preceding twelve seasons. While the familiar team gameplay remained, there was one very distinct twist added - The Killer Twist. Separated into two teams, Team Hightower and Team Mystic, contestants would work to complete a variety of projects. However, they'd also have to be on the lookout for the killer on their team who would be actively working to sabotage the team. Also present for part of the season was a proper storyline. Though it would become mostly abandoned as the game progressed, the season did have a full story, centered around SEA with contestants playing in Mystic Manor.

Obviously, Season 13 was the peak of the "Strategy Seasons" essentially making strategy necessary to progress in the game. This experiment was largely a success with two very enthusiastic killers, @mickeyfan5534 and @SandyClaws, wreaking havoc throughout the season and making it pretty far to the end. I know that @TheOriginalTiki and @spacemt354 have specific stories to tell about the season, so I'll leave the specifics to them, but overall the season was fairly successful if not controversial. The Killer Twist seems to have gotten strategy out of the game's system as the concept has been shelved indefinitely and heavy strategy and social gameplay has lessened considerably in recent seasons.

In the end, @RMichael21 beat the killers and took his place as the winner of Season 13.

Some of the highlights this season was most definitely Projects 2-5, the hotel bar project, the Galaxy's Edge expansion (back in 2016 when we knew very little), the Cartoon Network project, and the Haunted Mansion Holiday project.

To me each of those projects represent peak SYWTBAI - excellent team building, working with people like Basketbuddy, Figment, etc for the first time was a thrill and also stepping a bit outside the comfort zone, especially with the Cartoon Network project.
Steven Universe was a show I never saw before, so I binged a few episodes and got really hooked on the music and colorful art style that I tried to replicate for the attraction while Figment wrote up most of the script.
28367657165_b17b7147d6_b.jpg

It was so much collaborative fun!

Plus the Mansion Mash is still one of the greatest songs in SYWTBAI history
full

-------------------------------------
Then I remember I went on vacation for a few days during/right after Mansion Mash. When I returned the game began to focus much less on the imagineering and more on the 'killer' twist

What bothered me about this at the time and still does is that it took the incentive to try out of the game, especially post-merge when we all were on one team. Long story short it ended up where Figment and myself got eliminated in 6th and 7th place respectfully. But sadly each of us got eliminated being the most active players in the previous round before elimination, I remember Figment even covering for someone who was busy with school and then they voted for her. That didn't sit well with me at all, but it was the nature of the game setup at the time.

It was also hyped up that the semi-final was going to be a Breaking Bad project so I was pumped for that, but never got the chance in game. I ended up submitting one anyway, but a bit rushed and for fun. And it was unfortunate because none of the semi-finalists knew Breaking Bad or had the opportunity to do much research because school started in September.

So all in all - the first half of Season 13 created memories I still hold close. It was one of the best summers too in general, just an all around great time. But the second half it kinda went off the rails in terms of imagineering, as I don't remember a stand-out project post-merge.

Orange Cat

Everyone slide into Cap’s DMs!!
Done (that’s not a joke Oswald Pancake Inc. can confirm this)
There’s been more trash can related Disney news than one would expect so while it’s probably a coincidence that this is happening so close to SA7’s end I‘d like to think someone at Disney knows about @Pi From 2018’s trash can antics

Last edited by a moderator:

mickeyfan5534

View attachment 556456
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 13

Season 13 - Get A Clue
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild
(Summer 2016)

1. @RMichael21
2. @Basketbuddy101
3. @SandyClaws
4. @mickeyfan5534
5. @FigmentsPigments
6. @KingOfEpicocity
7. @Flippin'Flounder
8. @Angels and Disney's
9. @disneydf
10. @TheDesignPirate
11. @spacemt354
12. @englanddg
13. @DSquared
14. @MANEATINGWREATH
15. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
16. @Poe Dameron
17. @iamaninsomniac
18. @disneyforever101396

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since this. One of my all time favorite seasons and one of my favorite strategic games I’ve ever played. I maintain I would have won the season were it not for the Breaking Bad miniland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom