12. @Pi on my Cake
13. @ThatGuyFromFlorida
14. @Disneylover152
15. Pufflefan (@Garfield Fan)
16. @orlando678-
17. @Basketbuddy101
18. @tcool123
Hey I know most of those people!

So how many times do you think people have viewed JokersWild's profile pic since this thread started? I'll guess 4 million. ;)

Chaos Cat

PerGron

View attachment 557849
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 18

Season 18 - Deluxe Edition
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki, @mickeyfan5534, @NateD1226, and @Tux
(Summer 2020)

1. @JokersWild
2. @Outbound
3. @goofyyukyuk
4. @AceAstro
5. @DashHaber
6. @NigelChanning
7. @Sharon&Susan
8. @montydysquith-navarro
9. @pix
10. @Brer Panther
11. @PerGron
12. @Pi on my Cake
13. @ThatGuyFromFlorida
14. @Disneylover152
16. @orlando678-
17. @Basketbuddy101
18. @tcool123
After a two-year long hiatus, So, You Want to be an Imagineer made its triumphant return for it's 18th season. Following the success of Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, and a now very-active Imagineering board, Season 18 began, becoming far and away the most successful WDWMagic season. Contestants were initially split into three teams, each named after this current console generation's code names - Team Citra, Team Durango, and Team Orbis.

The season went off (mostly) without a hitch, allowing the projects themselves to really shine. To editorialize briefly, Season 18 absolutely saw some of the strongest projects of the game from Islands of Adventure and Curse of the Wendigo to The Incredibles Musical (from which came the season's unofficial theme song, written by @Pi on my Cake and myself) and The Enchanted Palace.

The only real controversy to have come up during the season was the final project. The initial task was for the three finalists to work together to create a park based off of a single IP. The judges thought they were being cool and changed the prompt to force the finalists to make a theme park based around the hit musical and Oscar-snubbed film "CATS." After private back and forth, the finalists ended up making a joke project and hid their actual project, a highly immersive Red Dead Redemption theme park, at the end.

In the end, @JokersWild was crowned the winner, becoming the second two-time winner.

Thanks for joining me on this trip down memory lane. It was a fun exercise, and I think there's some interesting info in some of these posts. Hopefully this provides enough context for the new guys and gives some sort of hint at things to come. Hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for sign-ups which will be in about 27 hours.
You forgot to mention the true hallmark of the season, armchair Imagineering, and even actual Imagineering. The ultimate test of creativity and imagination: The Yogi Bear Dark Ride

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
You forgot to mention the true hallmark of the season, armchair Imagineering, and even actual Imagineering. The ultimate test of creativity and imagination: The Yogi Bear Dark Ride
I can still hear @TheOriginalTiki say this iconic line (which became a recurring one as the season progressed):
tenor.png

Outbound

View attachment 557849
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 18

Season 18 - Deluxe Edition
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki, @mickeyfan5534, @NateD1226, and @Tux
(Summer 2020)

1. @JokersWild
2. @Outbound
3. @goofyyukyuk
4. @AceAstro
5. @DashHaber
6. @NigelChanning
7. @Sharon&Susan
8. @montydysquith-navarro
9. @pix
10. @Brer Panther
11. @PerGron
12. @Pi on my Cake
13. @ThatGuyFromFlorida
14. @Disneylover152
16. @orlando678-
17. @Basketbuddy101
18. @tcool123
After a two-year long hiatus, So, You Want to be an Imagineer made its triumphant return for it's 18th season. Following the success of Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, and a now very-active Imagineering board, Season 18 began, becoming far and away the most successful WDWMagic season. Contestants were initially split into three teams, each named after this current console generation's code names - Team Citra, Team Durango, and Team Orbis.

The season went off (mostly) without a hitch, allowing the projects themselves to really shine. To editorialize briefly, Season 18 absolutely saw some of the strongest projects of the game from Islands of Adventure and Curse of the Wendigo to The Incredibles Musical (from which came the season's unofficial theme song, written by @Pi on my Cake and myself) and The Enchanted Palace.

The only real controversy to have come up during the season was the final project. The initial task was for the three finalists to work together to create a park based off of a single IP. The judges thought they were being cool and changed the prompt to force the finalists to make a theme park based around the hit musical and Oscar-snubbed film "CATS." After private back and forth, the finalists ended up making a joke project and hid their actual project, a highly immersive Red Dead Redemption theme park, at the end.

In the end, @JokersWild was crowned the winner, becoming the second two-time winner.

Thanks for joining me on this trip down memory lane. It was a fun exercise, and I think there's some interesting info in some of these posts. Hopefully this provides enough context for the new guys and gives some sort of hint at things to come. Hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for sign-ups which will be in about 27 hours.

My three favorite projects of SYWBTAI 18:

3. The American Inferno - A Red Dead Redemption Story: The aforementioned final project saw myself, @JokersWild , and @goofyyukyuk fake the public PM and create our own project in the form of a massive blue-sky Red Dead Redemption park. The most distinguishable fact of this project for its sheer scale, 300 times as large as Disneyland.

2. Minecraft Mini-Golf: Throughout the season I obsessed, possibly too much, with finding innovative presentation formats. This was me at my craziest: building a working mini-golf course in Minecraft and playing through it as a stereotypical Aussie youtuber. Even if it didn't win for how crazy it was, I'm still proud of it.

1. Eladin - The Enchanted Palace: @goofyyukyuk and I tag-teamed a Game of Thrones-inspired Adventurer's Club. Typed onto a Google Doc, the entire project came about at 73 pages, despite it only being worked on by (largely) two people in a week. It was filled with original characters, worldbuilding, and multiple storylines. This remains my favorite Imagineering project I've had the pleasure of working on, but we'll see what comes next this season.

Honorable Mentions - Hasbro Boardwalk in IoA, The Incredibles Musical, Bayou Country Retheme of Critter Country, Kirby Bowling Alley, the Artist E-Ticket

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom