So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

168 Others

im-178670

Ding Ding!

It's the site of the 1964 World's Fair - it's the observation tower that I was able to snap a picture of on the highway
35b2bdaedbd4258a1e5aa604f3d1733b.jpg
YOO THIS IS MY JAM 😂😄😍 NOW WE'RE TALKIN

I actually found a tour-guide map at a garage sale from this for about 5 bucks. I'll send a picture later if I remember. Not worth a ton or anything, but a pretty cool find, as I'm sure the old owners of the house probably got it from visiting in 1964!

I'm a huge 60s Disney enthusiast. Mainly Progress City/EPCOT, but you know, everything else too :)

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
YOO THIS IS MY JAM 😂😄😍 NOW WE'RE TALKIN

I actually found a tour-guide map at a garage sale from this for about 5 bucks. I'll send a picture later if I remember. Not worth a ton or anything, but a pretty cool find, as I'm sure the old owners of the house probably got it from visiting in 1964!

I'm a huge 60s Disney enthusiast. Mainly Progress City/EPCOT, but you know, everything else too :)
47028C30-5E06-43EB-94FC-549B15BF2FE5.png

spacemt354

Chili's
View attachment 556756
So, You Want to be an Imagineer Historical Retrospective - Season 14

Season 14 - Greatest Hits
Hosted by @TheOriginalTiki and @MANEATINGWREATH

(Winter 2017)
1. @Basketbuddy101
2. @Snoopy
3. @kmbmw777
4. @Magic Feather
5. @DisneyManOne
6. @Pi on my Cake
7. @mickeyfan5534
8. @JokersWild
9. @mharrington
10. @ThatGuyFromFlorida
11. @TrevorA
12. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
13. @David2319
14. @Brer Oswald
15. @RMichael21
16. @CraniumCommand89
17. @spacemt354
18. MonorailRed (@TheDesignPirate)
19. @StevenU
20. @Angels and Disney's
21. @MCParradox
22. @NAdoTEg
Hot on the heels of Season 13's success, Season 14 swooped in with an even larger cast (22!) and a more focused premise. Introduced as a true "Clash of the All-Stars" this season saw VisionsFantastic veterans and WDWM Imagineers alike working to finish projects inspired by some of the most successful projects from past seasons. This time, contestants were again split into three teams - Team Mist, Team Younger, and Team Cap, named after people important to the mythos of both the game and the YouTube channel.

Despite intentions of having the season focus on creativity rather than strategy, there were a select few who had trouble adjusting. PMs, proper alliances, and even "hit lists" circulated during the first project, prompting the judges to both ban alliances during the season, and change a long-standing rule so that judges would decide who was nominated at the end of each project.

The controversy didn't end there when mass dropouts soon followed, leading to a complete overhaul of the season by Project 3. Despite a lot of growing pains, Season 14 ended strong when @Basketbuddy101 beat other returning winner @Snoopy in the finals, becoming the first two-time winner of the game.

Almanac
Season 14 Hub Thread
Inside Baseball - Season 14

---------------------------------------------
Side note, I literally forgot that I played this season and had no idea that I made it as far as I did let alone played at all. I have vague memories of playing (@Pi on my Cake and I working on the Pinocchio musical, and Swim City, specifically) but I totally forgot that those were from this season until I started researching.
Getting back to this amid all the cats, chaos, and clutter, to add some background to the time-frame this was end of January 2017 and the original winter comp The Creator Games 2 ended early, with Season 14 swooping in to fill the gap. I think a combo of high forum activity and the quick turnaround into this new game led too many people signing up at once and then dropping out or not showing up. After it settled down though, the season went on to be a throwback of sorts to former VisionsFantastic people rejoining the fray such as @TrevorA and @mharrington and finished strong.

Season 15 would have the opposite dilemma when you get to it. It started immediately after Season 14 ended, and therefore didn't generate much activity, but as the format was changed and it picked back up in late-summer 2017, it went on to have the largest contributing cast in SYWTBAI history, and is my personal favorite season!

JokersWild

Original Poster
Getting back to this amid all the cats, chaos, and clutter, to add some background to the time-frame this was end of January 2017 and the original winter comp The Creator Games 2 ended early, with Season 14 swooping in to fill the gap. I think a combo of high forum activity and the quick turnaround into this new game led too many people signing up at once and then dropping out or not showing up. After it settled down though, the season went on to be a throwback of sorts to former VisionsFantastic people rejoining the fray such as @TrevorA and @mharrington and finished strong.

Season 15 would have the opposite dilemma when you get to it. It started immediately after Season 14 ended, and therefore didn't generate much activity, but as the format was changed and it picked back up in late-summer 2017, it went on to have the largest contributing cast in SYWTBAI history, and is my personal favorite season!
Yeah reading through the thread again it was absolutely a case of new people not knowing what they were getting into. And one trying to break the game strategically lol. There were definitely a lot of really great projects to come out of it at least. I definitely wouldn’t call it anything close to my favorite season, but it’s definitely one of the strongest WDWM seasons (next to Season 18, personally)

Orange Cat

So I’m done with Cats & I wouldn’t say it’s as bad as people say but I don’t wanna say I think it’s a good movie, I mean I think I can understand why @tcool123 & @AceAstro like the movie, cause aside from pretty environments & some good songs it goes so far against all rules of cinema yet also follows them to a tee so much I can’t help but respect it. Honestly I feel like it would be better subsequent watch-throughs, that being said I probably won’t return to it very soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom