So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

Cedar Point coasters based on anticipation level having not actually been there.
1620698201321.png

TheOriginalTiki

It seems like everyone’s favorites out here (Detroit) are Raptor and Maverick. (A lot of folks make Cedar Point a day trip).
I'd be way more excited about Raptor if I weren't so burned out with B&M inversions in general. Maverick on the other hand I'm even more excited for than "Best coaster on Earth" Steel Vengeance because while I have something of a bar for SV to live up to with Twisted Colossus, I have absolutely ZERO clue what Maverick physically feels like but I've heard nothing but amazing things.

D Hulk

Cedar Point coasters based on anticipation level having not actually been there.
View attachment 556390
These seems a pretty well reasoned list. Push Steel Vengeance to #1, and bump up your hype for Millennium Force and Dragster, and you'd be spot on.

It seems like everyone’s favorites out here (Detroit) are Raptor and Maverick. (A lot of folks make Cedar Point a day trip).
Raptor?!

I'd be way more excited about Raptor if I weren't so burned out with B&M inversions in general. Maverick on the other hand I'm even more excited for than "Best coaster on Earth" Steel Vengeance because while I have something of a bar for SV to live up to with Twisted Colossus, I have absolutely ZERO clue what Maverick physically feels like but I've heard nothing but amazing things.
Steel Vengeance easily outshines Twisted Colossus in my opinion. Sure you don't get the dueling (that's what Gemini is for), but you get a 3-minute ride time with the most airtime I've ever experienced at once.

Maverick is a tremendous coaster,, nearly the equal of SV with an extremely different ride sensation. Maverick is the bar which I will be holding against Velocicoaster.

TheOriginalTiki

These seems a pretty well reasoned list. Push Steel Vengeance to #1, and bump up your hype for Millennium Force and Dragster, and you'd be spot on.

Steel Vengeance easily outshines Twisted Colossus in my opinion. Sure you don't get the dueling (that's what Gemini is for), but you get a 3-minute ride time with the most airtime I've ever experienced at once.

I'm way more hyped for Magnum than Millie just because of the former's emphasis on ejector airtime. Dragster is hype worthy for-sure but it seems like a crapshoot that I'd even be able to get on it haha. I've said it on here before, but I have a pretty major problem with RMC restraints. I almost always have to be double checked at dispatch which is stressful and embarrassing in its own right, and the lapbar is so tight that the ejector airtime becomes painful. I worry that with SV's long run time I'd have a repeat of my Riddler's Revenge experience but on a lesser level of pain. I really couldn't properly marathon TC for this reason as much as I would have liked to.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Raptor?!

Maverick is a tremendous coaster,, nearly the equal of SV with an extremely different ride sensation. Maverick is the bar which I will be holding against Velocicoaster.
Yeah dude!! Folx here LOVE Raptor. But probably because Cedar Point is their “home park” so that’s their one B&M inverted coaster.

ThemeParkPriest

After Season 12 the game would go on hiatus, and by the summer of 2014 the VisionsFantastic community would almost completely emigrate over to WDWMagic.
Interesting! So the 20 years we are celebrating on June 4th (great day btw) is that for this forum or including VisionsFantastic? I was viewing WDWMagic way before 2014, but didn’t get into the Forums.

tcool123

Interesting! So the 20 years we are celebrating on June 4th (great day btw) is that for this forum or including VisionsFantastic? I was viewing WDWMagic way before 2014, but didn’t get into the Forums.
WDWMAGIC.com

The first Imagineering post here was made on June 4th 2001

Although SYWTBAI is playing a pivotal role in the anniversary as the tent pole kickoff competition much like how big of an event it has been and become on this site in years past 😃

tcool123

Honestly if SYWTBAI is turning 20 this year as well it was just a coincidence! However SYWTBAI has had its influence in the competitions here since 2010! Many years before it jumped the pond over to this site.

For WDWMAGIC competitions One Sentence and Sorcerers are the longest running both debuting the same year in 2012/2013?

Both of which went on long hiatuses of a few years. Sorcerers I think was revived for its 5th anniversary for its fourth season by @spacemt354 @tcool123 and @TheDesignPirate with Pirate and I being the last two winners ready to crown the next sorcerer. Sorcerer’s was originally created and hosted by @jdmdisney99 who occasionally pops in and says hello.

One Sentence was revived by @tcool123 in 2015? so he could get experience hosting for his bigger competition later that year, Twist in Time. Typically instead of new seasons every so often the same thread would be used with new episodes typically hosted by some1 different. It has changed a lot less than Sorcerers but has now evolved into something more carefree and fun than what it was when it first returned. The original season was hosted by @Turtle who also has been known to appear much like jdm does from occasion to occasion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom