So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

DashHaber

Looks like CryptTV will have some presence at HHN 30...

k1a19eqrwjf71.jpg

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

Since we're talking about HHN, I'm going to post the most up-to-date speculation map from Horror Night Nightmares, since they have a pretty good track record for this stuff. Most of the houses have already been revealed, but for the sake of people who still want to be surprised by what's left, I'm putting it under a spoiler and I'll ask anyone who wants to talk about it to keep the discussion under spoilers.

E7PFUUBWQAAUDUi

Looks like we're getting a mostly originals year, with only 4 IPs involved (3 house, 1 scare zone). Perfect for the 30th! Really brings you back, doesn't it?

Legendary Truth looks like it could be a last minute replacement; previous speculation maps showed a Creepshow house instead. If that's true, then that's a bit disappointing, but hey, at least it's not The Purge like most recent replacement houses.

On a more optimistic note, YAY, TERRA CRUENTUS! HHN15 is quite possibly my favorite year for the event (it's at least tied with HHN18 for me) and I was so concerned that they not go through with this because the years don't line up with the 15 year cycle anymore, so I'm so, so glad that it looks like they're going through with after all.

DashHaber

We been done knew. I just want to know about the rumored Legendary Truth House and the Terra Cruentes zone
Kinda forgot we had heard those rumors.

E7PFUUBWQAAUDUi

Looks like we're getting a mostly originals year, with only 4 IPs involved (3 house, 1 scare zone). Perfect for the 30th! Really brings you back, doesn't it?

Legendary Truth looks like it could be a last minute replacement; previous speculation maps showed a Creepshow house instead. If that's true, then that's a bit disappointing, but hey, at least it's not The Purge like most recent replacement houses.

On a more optimistic note, YAY, TERRA CRUENTUS! HHN15 is quite possibly my favorite year for the event (it's at least tied with HHN18 for me) and I was so concerned that they not go through with this because the years don't line up with the 15 year cycle anymore, so I'm so, so glad that it looks like they're going through with after all.
Yeah, it does bring us back. I wouldn't mind if they kept IP houses in the future down to 4. Something to help have a good amount of original content for houses, while keeping IPs at a more measured pace.

Legendary Truth is definitely a last minute replacement. I had heard rumors of Creepshow and Halloween III: Season of the Witch both being contenders for a house, but Legendary Truth will be cool to see get some play. Wonder just what exactly they'll do with the team for their house.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
This is the most "extra" attraction refurb video I've seen from Disney, and I think they're just talking about the exterior light tubes for the most part! Still waiting for that closed captioning for non-French speakers...

tcool123

Three things of note:

1. I saw Jungle Cruise overall pretty fun movie with really nice visuals, lovable characters, memorable soundtrack and some good action set pieces. The story isnt anything outside this world with no twists that were wowing, but the characters made the movie in my opinion. I would recommend a watch rather it be in theaters or at home. I saw it in a DBox theater which is one of those theaters where the seats move with the action and that added to the action as it would mimmic the motions of the Jungle Cruise through the water.

2. Saw The Suicide Squad at home, and its better than the first one for sure. Harley once again is a nonsensical delight and every scene she is in just pure fun chaos. In terms of new characters Weasel got the most laughs out of me , just something about his essence is so stupid that it just made me crack up every time he was on screen. The story is absolutely ridiculous and so are the superheroes, but the movie knows what its doing so it makes a good movie around the zaniness. With that said in terms of DCEU its middle of the pack not that means much cause I’ve only seen four films but I do prefer Aquanman and Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn over the two suicide squads.

3. I got a ressie to go ride Ratatouille September 6th! Thanks annual pass 😁
Now let’s just see if my boyfriend can bring guests to cast member preview so I can ride it twice before the official opening 👀

spacemt354

Chili's
Overall thoughts on The Suicide Squad - much better than the first one and in the top tier DCEU films.

Never would have thought Ratcatcher 2 would end up being my favorite character, welcomed surprise there! Polka-Dot Man was also up there as probably my #2. It wasn't taking itself too seriously but at the same time had characters that stood for something and had solid chemistry.

Also surprising was the CGI - on Starro and King Shark, both were pretty impressive.

A criticism would be the excess violence. It felt like there was more gore than the first Deadpool and the saturation of it took away the shock value. Another would be I thought the marketing was a bit misleading. Not that I minded the team we got as all the characters got time to be fleshed out but some others were essentially cameos.

Would recommend!

Disney Dad 3000

so my thoughts...

Suicide Squad Non-Spoiler review
  • Solid movie. Was entertained and never bored, but as someone into the SS comics and with SS attraction ideas, wanted to absolutely love it and I didn't. Still good, but not as great as I'd hoped
  • Margot Robbie is still the best DC casting (though I think Henry Cavill is pretty great too) for Harley, and she stands out no matter what they do with her part. I freaking love her.
  • Love Idris Elba, but wasn't crazy about his character arc going in to the movie with how similar it was to Deadshot and felt the same coming out, though he was solid
  • Action, styling and cinematics were all well done.
  • Pacing was good. Didn't feel like there were any major dead moments.
  • The trailers for the film were great, but I feel like they ruined every single one of the best comedic bits of the film and there wasn't much left comedy wise we hadn't seen
  • King Shark character was great, but for me, they over did his bit. It got old after a while if he was going to eat someone or not (team or otherwise)
  • Task Force X Team 1 Demise - We knew the team was way too large to not have a ton of people die, and I'm ok with that, I wish they had saved a few of the more interesting ones to last a bit longer. It made a big splash to lose virtually the entire team in the first 10 minutes, but I don't know. I can see it from a cast development perspective and the idea behind the Suicide Squad, but still would've like to seen a few more minutes from some.
    • TDK - perfect use of him I thought as a comedic bit and was perfectly fine with how he was done, thought wouldn't have been averse to him dying in the follow up jungle sequence to string along the deaths.
    • Savant, Mongal were both fine
    • Blackguard - he would've been good to stick around and die at the hands of Team 2 in some gruesome/funny way
    • Javelin - initially hated to lose him so fast as I think he could have had some interesting scenes, but in the end the way it worked out with Harley I can live with it
    • Captain Boomerang - the biggest offender. Besides Harley, he was one of the best things from the first film and his boomerang skills was a big tease. This stung.
    • Weasel - should've stayed dead
  • Starro/Mind Control
    • Starro was fine, though part of me wishes they'd teased it more instead of a full reveal
    • the whole mind control, spores things felt a bit like a cast off? I dunno. Not sure it was 100% necessary but I guess the civilians getting killed fit the tone of the movie
  • Thought they did a nice job setting up Peacemaker (Jon Cena) and his character for his own spin off show. His turn at the end made total sense knowing his character.
  • Hated losing Flagg and Polka Dot Man. Flagg, Boomerang and Harley I would've liked to see stick it throughout the SS series, or at least make it to the next film
  • Ratcatcher 2 was great and unexpected as the glue/story character

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
so my thoughts...

Suicide Squad Non-Spoiler review
  • Solid movie. Was entertained and never bored, but as someone into the SS comics and with SS attraction ideas, wanted to absolutely love it and I didn't. Still good, but not as great as I'd hoped
  • Margot Robbie is still the best DC casting (though I think Henry Cavill is pretty great too) for Harley, and she stands out no matter what they do with her part. I freaking love her.
  • Love Idris Elba, but wasn't crazy about his character arc going in to the movie with how similar it was to Deadshot and felt the same coming out, though he was solid
  • Action, styling and cinematics were all well done.
  • Pacing was good. Didn't feel like there were any major dead moments.
  • The trailers for the film were great, but I feel like they ruined every single one of the best comedic bits of the film and there wasn't much left comedy wise we hadn't seen
  • King Shark character was great, but for me, they over did his bit. It got old after a while if he was going to eat someone or not (team or otherwise)
  • Task Force X Team 1 Demise - We knew the team was way too large to not have a ton of people die, and I'm ok with that, I wish they had saved a few of the more interesting ones to last a bit longer. It made a big splash to lose virtually the entire team in the first 10 minutes, but I don't know. I can see it from a cast development perspective and the idea behind the Suicide Squad, but still would've like to seen a few more minutes from some.
    • TDK - perfect use of him I thought as a comedic bit and was perfectly fine with how he was done, thought wouldn't have been averse to him dying in the follow up jungle sequence to string along the deaths.
    • Savant, Mongal were both fine
    • Blackguard - he would've been good to stick around and die at the hands of Team 2 in some gruesome/funny way
    • Javelin - initially hated to lose him so fast as I think he could have had some interesting scenes, but in the end the way it worked out with Harley I can live with it
    • Captain Boomerang - the biggest offender. Besides Harley, he was one of the best things from the first film and his boomerang skills was a big tease. This stung.
    • Weasel - should've stayed dead
  • Starro/Mind Control
    • Starro was fine, though part of me wishes they'd teased it more instead of a full reveal
    • the whole mind control, spores things felt a bit like a cast off? I dunno. Not sure it was 100% necessary but I guess the civilians getting killed fit the tone of the movie
  • Thought they did a nice job setting up Peacemaker (Jon Cena) and his character for his own spin off show. His turn at the end made total sense knowing his character.
  • Hated losing Flagg and Polka Dot Man. Flagg, Boomerang and Harley I would've liked to see stick it throughout the SS series, or at least make it to the next film
  • Ratcatcher 2 was great and unexpected as the glue/story character
I agree with almost every point you made, at least to some degree. Particularly
Boomer, Flagg, and Polka Dot Man

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom