So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Orange Cat

Finally, PhilharMagic gets an update!

24tiuh24pgy9gre2.jpg

24tiuh24pgy9gre1.jpg

If @tcool123's one of the hosts of SA8 next year, the first photo should suffice as the key visual...
As if the best attraction at Magic Kingdom couldn’t get any better, they’re adding Coco to Mickey’s Phillarmagic! The best part is all the current scenes are staying just a plus for the 50th!!
View attachment 568254View attachment 568253

So excited for the new additions to the show, I’m hyped!
:p

Chaos Cat

Hero Forge addition happened and now I have a visual for my Kingdom Hearts OC (well, kind-of OC).

Say hello to Zack Wolf:

zackWolf.png

Based off of Lil' Bad Wolf from the old Disney comics, Zack is a kind, gentle boy from Disney Castle who is currently training as a White Mage... much to the displeasure of his father, Zeke Wolf, who is very much too interested in offence than is healthy.

(This is more of a general approximation of his visual concept than what I literally envision him looking like. Case in point, that hood? It's suppose to be made of wool. The idea I have with his design is meant to be a play on "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing," so he's suppose to have a sheep/shepherd motif going on, hence the horns on the hood.)

JokersWild

Original Poster
I just watched Over The Garden Wall for the first time in a few years and it's genuinely one of the best miniseries ever made. It's one of my favorite pieces of animation too. It's just stunning start to finish. I might have to start watching it yearly again.

Also, for those of you who have watched it and liked the music as much as I did, all of the music was done by a band called The Blasting Company (formerly the Petrojvic Blasting Company.) They have a really cool sound based in early 20th century folk and gypsy music. They're kind of like an unplugged Beirut for lack of a better descriptor. This is probably my favorite song by them outside of the Over The Garden Wall soundtrack:

If anyone can get their hands on the DVD release of the miniseries it comes with a really amazing "Composer's Cut" which presents the entire series without dialogue or sound effects - just the music. And each credits sequence features a demo of the episode's featured song.

Not to say that I'm biased towards Over The Garden Wall when it comes to judging this project. I'm just rediscovering the series and, more specifically, the soundtrack and I need people to know how amazing the artistry that went into the creation of this series is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom