So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the day: With all the craziness going on in the world right now, I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone was okay. My mental health has been kicking my butt this past week. Officially getting laid off until further notice after weeks of waiting in limbo certainly doesn't help. What are some things you all are struggling with? And what can other members of the community do to help?
It's been a rough one. Losing my mom and grandmother over the last several months didn't help much. But even with all this craziness, it helps me at least to put in perspective just how fortunate we are.

We will pull through all of this and we will come out stronger on the other side, but I just look back at things that would 'bother' me and it's so irrelevant now. For example - I might be annoyed at a movie for not living up to my expectations. But now we have no movies so those complaints really like first world problems.

I also got that perspective living in the 3rd world essentially last year; it just got me to realize that all material things in life have fleeting meanings. What really matters is family, friends, and just a good outlook on life. That'll take you further than anything else.

JokersWild

Question of the day: With all the craziness going on in the world right now, I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone was okay. My mental health has been kicking my butt this past week. Officially getting laid off until further notice after weeks of waiting in limbo certainly doesn't help. What are some things you all are struggling with? And what can other members of the community do to help?
Japan is still pretending that everything is fine, which is oddly true to an extent, so I’m really just waiting for things to normalize further.

Disney Dad 3000

Definitely crazy times and one of the reasons I'm thankful for the diversion and partnership this group provides.
March was already tough with some personal things. Fortunate to have no issues with my job, but the company I work for I got pulled off my normal job first of April to help out with Paycheck protection program work and put in 60-70 hours a week for the month. Rewarding knowing who I was helping, but exhausting. SA was good to have going on then.
Have had many family members impacted by job loss or with their own small businesses. Trying to work and teach an Elementary age kid has been an adventure to say the least. Losing out on meaningful time with parents to avoid giving them anything has been a drag as well. Made the choice to go out last night and march and have had the joy of dealing with some mild tear gas symptoms today.
Life is good though. Gotta be thankful for what you have. Again, I find being creative is a great relief from what's going on, not to ignore it all, but at least keep some sort of sanity. Been sitting down some with planet coaster recently and going to eventually make myself a pro at it (or at least mildly good).

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Posting the question of the day early because I think it's a fun one that can distract us all for a bit. Which players do you think are the frontrunners so far, and which player would you select as your dark horse? It's still early in the season, but we've seen enough from the players to place early bets that will probably turn out to somehow all be collectively wrong. 🤣

DisneyManOne

I'm struggling with just making sense of what's going on. I can only hope that this marks the beginning of something that will change this world forever, and change this world for the better.

What you guys in the Armchair Imagineering community are doing is help enough. Being able to commiserate about Disney has always been my go-to form of escapism. Given that I'm not playing this year, I've been checking out the brainstorming sessions, and I am really enjoying seeing everyone collaborating on these wonderful ideas. I thought the Epic Universe challenge set the mood for what is sure to be an excellent season! If you need a Guest Judge at any time, I will gladly offer my services!

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day
What is a true moment of Disney Magic for you? Cinderella's rags being transformed into a dress? The finale of Spectromagic transforming from white to color? The stained glass castle in Happily Ever After? Belle breaking Beast's curse? Ariel becoming human? I can go on. Tell me about it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Posting the question of the day early because I think it's a fun one that can distract us all for a bit. Which players do you think are the frontrunners so far, and which player would you select as your dark horse? It's still early in the season, but we've seen enough from the players to place early bets that will probably turn out to somehow all be collectively wrong. 🤣
I would like to place my bets on @marni1971 to win it all. I realize he is an underdog as he isn't even playing. But that's who I'm putting all my money on.

Question of the Day
What is a true moment of Disney Magic for you? Cinderella's rags being transformed into a dress? The finale of Spectromagic transforming from white to color? The stained glass castle in Happily Ever After? Belle breaking Beast's curse? Ariel becoming human? I can go on. Tell me about it.

Wishes! Just the whole thing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the Day
The '94 version Spaceship Earth. I'd go on it as a young kid and always fall asleep or want to go on other things I thought were exciting. In its final year of operation was when I got an appreciation for imagineering and crafting a story with narration, sets, music. And then that version was gone - so the Disney Magic is just that small pocket of memory that I have with it that really was the springboard to lots of other things in my life.

DisneyManOne

Question of the Day
Oh, there are so many things that stand out for me. But since listing all those powerful, emotional moments in the films would take too long, I'll just highlight what I think is the definitive moment of magic at the parks. That moment once you step through the tunnel under the railroad station, when you're in Town Square. Take a few steps in, turn towards the middle, and slowly, yet surely, the figure of the castle is revealed. And it just overwhelms you. No matter how many times you go, it's still so incredible to get that first reveal of the castle. That, my friends, is pure Disney magic.

JokersWild

Question of the Day
Ooh I didn’t think that I had one, but I do. That final sting at the very end of MSEP after all the floats have passed gets me every time. It was the only parade that I actually enjoyed watching.

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Question of the Day

I'm a huge sucker for any Disney nighttime show. My favorite is obvious (Disney Dreams! from Disneyland Paris, if you can't tell), but Fantasmic! (DL), Happily Ever After, and Remember, Dreams Come True are some shows that I always watch at some point during my weekly Disney Youtube binges. There's just something about nighttime at Disney that makes it even more magical than usual.

V7mPrC.gif

Orange Cat

@NigelChanning09 @Pi on my Cake @gam3rprincess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom