So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HUB THREAD

spacemt354

Chili's
Unless you actually WANT to do it, I was under the mindset that TMNT would still handle the decision of who to eliminate, haha.
Ah okay I was just reading @mickeyfan5534 's post above it sounded like it was on me - I mean I guess that would make the most sense given the circumstances of Hosts vs Players so I'm all good with it if that's the direction.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Ah okay I was just reading @mickeyfan5534 's post above it sounded like it was on me - I mean I guess that would make the most sense given the circumstances of Hosts vs Players so I'm all good with it if that's the direction.

If you really want the honor, it's yours. Have fun feeling like poop no matter which one of these ten talented folks gets the axe, haha

JokersWild

giphy.gif

Tux

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Yesterday, @PerGronStudio messaged Team TMNT announcing that he would have to leave this season of SWYTBAI. Currently, how this will affect eliminations and whether or not him leaving counts as the elimination for this round and how it effects everything else is being discussed. @Pergonstudio did an excellent job this season, and should be proud of all of his work, as all of it clearly had a lot of heart and soul put into the ideas created, and were handled with as much care and caution as possible. Thank you for playing.

spacemt354

Chili's
Just a little under 24 hours to go - the projects are looking fantastic. Prospero is prospering, while TMNT I'm sure has some nifty innovations up their sleeve as well. And while it was sad to see PerGron go, I'm glad everyone gets to move on after this round.

Best of luck putting the finishing touches on the projects! Reviews will probably come Tuesday morning depending on when they're posted.

Sharon&Susan

w6WYwzdZ9VMTgn58iQ9IU6PBruiafU9bcW4Wc63gKrv9l9M1o9f3ge-kO1W-5oZYbB3VSzbTjQortWdAzuB4fxVtT-2RdFiOqv65j0RoTQySoz-rXZkJ9oVwqqhayuhAsduas6qg

A new era for the Island of Adventures has come! Starring three of the most popular franchises around the globe, these expansions will bring new fun to the best theme park resort in Florida. Whether you’re in Inkopolis, Gotham City, or Candyland each island will be its own reality of thrill, exploration, and fun!

https://sites.google.com/view/prosperos-ioa-expansions/expansion-hub?authuser=1
1595295247062.png
1595295276741.png
1595295328808.png

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Prospero Review

Hats off to this team. From racking up 10 pages of brainstorming in the first few hours of the round, to several prominent team leaders taking charge, to the organized systematic PM designs for each of the lands, this team was firing on all cylinders in terms of interest and enthusiasm.

Jumping right into the project, the backstory was a neat way of tying together the new lands along with the old. While a bit of a ragtag group of people to assimilate from the respective lands, I always appreciate folks trying to make parks feel more cohesive, so props for the effort. And staying with that the map design is incredible along with the clean-cut site. It just makes it look so professional and easy to visualize as a true addition to the park.

Beginning with Splatoon: Inkopolis, I'll preface by saying I don't have much experience with this, but then again, all of your guests might not either, and like Pandora or Star Wars - your land needs to reach folks who might not be as invested as you are to be successful. And for the most part I have to say you do that! The Splat Karts feels a little derivative of Mario:Kart however I like the dark ride: coaster riff you added to it. River Rapids attraction was also very well written along with the Stage Show. In terms of the shops they all seem very creative and thought out. I wish I had a little more context to the characters but overall their function in the land is served well. A Japanese restaurant in the Crust Bucket would also be a must-do!

DC: Harbor of Heroes - as a DC and comic book fan in general I appreciated this not only for its inclusion but that it didn't turn into a TinTin rights fiasco and you gave the Six Flags backstory to it ;) Kudos. If you've got the rights and can make a DC land obviously you made the right choice with Gotham City. I think the layout here is the strength seeing everything flow very well from one attraction to another. That said (minor critique) this goes for other sublands too - I wish the map was cropped down to the specific land on each page. It was in the Hasbro Boardwalk, but it'd be nice to have it on all pages so I don't have to reference the first page and go back and forth. Anyway - continuing on, Justice League attraction was fantastic as was the very unique Aquaman attraction. The Batman roller coaster seems like an upgrade from Hulk in my mind, especially the tie in with EPCOT's space pavilion tech. The thing I actually liked the most out of this entire project was the Arkham Asylum - wow! So detailed with some more minor villains getting their time to shine. Stores and restaurants rounded the land out nicely.

Hasbro Boardwalk - so this was the land I was most anticipating but also most concerned about because I wasn't entirely sure it could be pulled off this well - but you all did it. It's such a unique concept of essentially a Toy Story Land on steroids with so many unique attractions. Candyland and the Jenga Drop were some of the stand-out concepts to me, but everything flowed very well. The operation on stage was a hoot to me as well as the Chutes and Ladders playground as that was one of the most underrated games of my childhood. And out of all the lands this I think had the best restaurants in terms of creativity. I mean the Hungry Hippo and Scrabble Snack? Can't get much better than that. Finally on all pages, I also appreciated the reading music.

Creativity: 9.5/10
Realism: 9.5/10
Detail: 10/10
Presentation: 10/10
Teamwork: 10/10
-------------------------
Total: 49/50

Amazing work everyone!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
12:02, Which one of the judges is getting eliminated then? 🤣

Edit: Assuming it's done, this was made like 3 hours ago: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/islands-of-adventure-a-tmnt-project.966503/

Yes, it's done. Thanks for posting it. I was meaning to but lost track of time. Not my finest effort overall, I can say that much. This round was a real struggle with being super busy at work, having a lot of internet issues, and having things come up in my social life that kept my focus off of conceptualizing my side of the project as much as it could have been.

spacemt354

Chili's
Team TMNT Review

I'll kick off with a bit of soliloquy, being I believe a part of the first host cohort to take on the contestants in a challenge, on paper it is a much better idea than in practice sometimes (for the hosts that is) While one might think, the players have been going for 2 months straight, the hosts can design one project, playing and hosting are two different mindsets and schedules, so to shift them around for 10 days on a whim can lead to scheduling issues. It seems like that was one of the issues here, however I think all things considered this is a formidable 'concept' project that still stands on its own.

Oz was a great choice for a land - and I think what you all did with it was great. I'm a visual guy, so it would have been nice on my part to see a map or some sort of display for the land(s) but going old school with it works as well. I also think the inclusion of Wicked was a nice touch.

Onto Republic City this was one I was really looking forward to reading about. The Nickelodeon show was one of my favorites growing up because it was so different than the others in the Nick lineup, much like Samurai Jack and the OG Clone Wars was on Cartoon Network in the early-2000s. I haven't seen the Legend of Korra, but I think you did a great job at filling in the gaps after The Last Airbender. The Axis coaster design I think would fit really well stylistically with the land as a whole, and all the restaurants/shops blended in very nicely.

Dragon's Lair was very well written as well, detailed yet not too overblown. I think it was an interesting choice for sure to take over Marvel, but I like how in the descriptions you told how it would blend in with the new adjacent lands. Again I just wish there was some sort of visual representation to present these concepts. The Mordroc Castle Match design was very intricate and well-thought out - kudos there! I do like the Medieval flair to the land, that's something that would blend in nicely with Hogwarts across the water as well.

Creativity 9/10
Realism 9/10
Detail 9/10
Presentation 8/10
Teamwork 8.5/10
------------------------------
Total: 43.5/50

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
And with that, Team Prospero has clearly won the round. I'll be putting up some feedback on the team's project and encourage the other TMNT members to do the same, though obviously feedback isn't as important this round. Space is definitely right. When the project first started I was really gun-hoe to get back into the brainstorming, but then as I entered my work week real life just got in the way and I found myself with very little time to even think about my part of the project. I wanted the Avatar land to be so much more ambitious than it actually ended up being. I wanted the bending elements to be fully folded into the most deep LARP experience in any theme park (well...maybe outside of Evermore Gardens which served as the initial inspiration)

I'll give a lot of credit to Mickeyfan and Nate for a great tag-team on the Oz land and ESPECIALLY Tux for a wonderful realization of the Dragon's Lair concept which was by far the most risky of the three IPs we went with but ended up being easily the most well developed of the three. Team Prospero definitely earned this victory. As promised, TWO members of the team will be granted PoMVP. Project leader @Sharon&Susan has granted the first PoMVP to @Outbound, while Space has decided to honor the project leader with their own PoMVP. Next round, both Outbound and Sharon&Susan will be safe from being nominated for elimination. With all that in mind, let's go ahead and jump into the next project.

Project Nine: Happy Birthday to You!
sdljhhg8958y.jpg

You’ve made lands, produced a Broadway spectacular, created a one-of-a-kind E-ticket, done some placemaking, and even redone a park. Now, why don’t we take a chill pill?

A major anniversary year is always celebrated in the parks in some way whether it be Tokyo Disney Resort’s all-out celebrations or Disneyland’s small rededication ceremonies. And with many of these birthdays come presents. A new nighttime spectacular and new parade are par for the course. But some parks include even more with new seasonal events or total refreshes of iconic attractions.
Everyone loves a birthday party and that’s what we want you to create here. There are many parks celebrating major anniversaries soon: The Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney World at large will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary, Tokyo DisneySea will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary, and Shanghai Disneyland will be celebrating its 5th Anniversary in 2021, Disneyland Paris will be celebrating its 30th Anniversary in 2022, and Tokyo Disneyland and the Tokyo Disney Resort at large will be celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2023 (not to mention that 2023 is the Centennial Anniversary of The Walt Disney Company itself).
Your challenge this round is to choose one of these parks or resorts and create a grand anniversary celebration that would put Tokyo to shame.

At the end of this project, ONE person will be eliminated. Anyone else on the team besides @Sharon&Susan is eligible for the role of Project Leader. Sharon&Susan and @Outbound have PoMVP and are not eligible to be nominated for elimination. Good luck team. This project is due Sunday, July 26th at 11:59PM Eastern.​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom