So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

Disney Dad 3000

Nice work guys on the addl park so far! Things been kind of crazy last 2-3 weeks with house/moving stuff haven't been able to think much about this or be around. If you need to bounce an ideas or I can help with anything let me know.

@spacemt354 I went through the site few weeks back, which looks great btw, and I need to send you the finalized artwork I did. I thought i'd posted the finished copies but mustve misrembered that. If I chance to fool around with any other extras I'll do that.

I did start working on a promotional video for the park and hoping to get a few consecutive hours of free time soon so i can make a bigger dent in that. If anyone out theRe has a good radio voice and wants to do some voice over work. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Nice work guys on the addl park so far! Things been kind of crazy last 2-3 weeks with house/moving stuff haven't been able to think much about this or be around. If you need to bounce an ideas or I can help with anything let me know.

@spacemt354 I went through the site few weeks back, which looks great btw, and I need to send you the finalized artwork I did. I thought i'd posted the finished copies but mustve misrembered that. If I chance to fool around with any other extras I'll do that.

I did start working on a promotional video for the park and hoping to get a few consecutive hours of free time soon so i can make a bigger dent in that. If anyone out theRe has a good radio voice and wants to do some voice over work. :)
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I updated your American Mystery one (that was the one with the movie Overlook right?) I did that a couple weeks ago so maybe it didn't update at the time you saw it

Can't wait to see your promotional video!

spacemt354

Chili's
Just had a thought on the Universal Plaza that has been like the plague of creativity for some reason haha

Originally we didn't want a traditional CityWalk because we had mentioned how it was a bit tacky and we could do something better. And the better idea was something along the lines of Mediterranean Harbor, being a quaint waterfront European setting.

For some reason though I can't get off the ground any unique ideas to place in it. :hungover: It feels too quaint if that makes sense.

So what if we went back to the citywalk idea...but did something better than CityWalk?
101875952-Screen_Shot_2014-07-29_at_10.35.07_AM.1910x1000.png

An indoor 'city' block?:geek:

Attached to the indoor parking garages, there's the breezeway over Resorts Blvd to take you to Universal Plaza
77d189_dd50b1f23b4f433387988414337b39ef~mv2_d_2800_1600_s_2.webp

But what if it remained all indoors and just took you into a large indoor amusement space? With shopping, dining, and entertainment.

Indoor skiing? Movie Theaters? Bowling? Could have 6-7 floors of entertainment!

Atrium in the center with neon elevators
8.jpg

It could really be something unique for theme park resorts and put Universal on the map in a big way! It also offers a ton of directions for shopping and dining as well, so we don't have to be stuck with a coastal European atmosphere.

A waterway with bridges will still disconnect Universal Plaza from the theme parks, so we can soften the transition walking into Victorian London or UniMK, as well as the Mediterranean Resorts.

Thoughts on this?:bookworm:

Suchomimus

Just had a thought on the Universal Plaza that has been like the plague of creativity for some reason haha

Originally we didn't want a traditional CityWalk because we had mentioned how it was a bit tacky and we could do something better. And the better idea was something along the lines of Mediterranean Harbor, being a quaint waterfront European setting.

For some reason though I can't get off the ground any unique ideas to place in it. :hungover: It feels too quaint if that makes sense.

So what if we went back to the citywalk idea...but did something better than CityWalk?

Attached to the indoor parking garages, there's the breezeway over Resorts Blvd to take you to Universal Plaza

But what if it remained all indoors and just took you into a large indoor amusement space? With shopping, dining, and entertainment.

8.jpg

It could really be something unique for theme park resorts and put Universal on the map in a big way! It also offers a ton of directions for shopping and dining as well, so we don't have to be stuck with a coastal European atmosphere.

A waterway with bridges will still disconnect Universal Plaza from the theme parks, so we can soften the transition walking into Victorian London or UniMK, as well as the Mediterranean Resorts.

On one hand I prefer the Mediterranean European version; on the other, we can experiment with this like what what we did with WaterfrontWalk.

DisneyFan18

8.jpg

This looks amazing, it would be a delight to walk through this concept of Universal Plaza

spacemt354

Chili's
I like the Mediterranean concept in theory -- but with over one month on the concept and nothing other than a premise narrowed down, I think this might be an opportunity to try something that offers us a ton of options to explore (and that would all fit under the umbrella of a 'city' - minus the tacky CityWalk archetype.

BigThunder26

Since this would have multiple floors, would it take up a smaller amount of space? This might mean we might have an empty walkway to Monaco Bay.

I like this idea, but the Mediterranean one also allowed there to be shops and things scattered all about near the hotels and the parks.

spacemt354

Chili's
Since this would have multiple floors, would it take up a smaller amount of space? This might mean we might have an empty walkway to Monaco Bay.

I like this idea, but the Mediterranean one also allowed there to be shops and things scattered all about near the hotels and the parks.
We could reconfigure the current layout so it doesn't leave as much open space, though I also think that some transition pathways from the mall to the resorts will help, so leaving a little space I think will be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom