So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

themazethinker

if you guys are wondering what i mean i have some ride ideas
cn - a walkthrough of dexters lab, a courage the cowardly dog dark ride, and a interactive kids next door ride

nick - a roller coaster/dark ride themed to my life as a teenage robot, and a invader zim dark ride,

i won't mind if you say no to the land idea but i think it could make a good kidzone area

spacemt354

Chili's
8750283279840939884%253Faccount_id%253D9

Truffula Tree Forest
- Introduction to the park, guests walk through a sprawling colorful display of truffula trees, winding their way through towards the main walkway around the park. Views of other landmarks within Suess Landing are hidden by the tall Truffula Trees at first, before dissipating for the magnificent reveal.
full

Sneetch Beach
5187661119_0c264dbf10.jpg

A much larger Sneetch Beach than in Universal Orlando, I'm thinking with Typhoon Lagoon in mind.
typhoon-lagoon-surf-pool-gallery03.jpg

Equipped with a wavepool, seating, and food/beverages throughout. (more to come on that)

The Lorax
The Lorax: Flight of the Thneeds will be converted from a KUKA arm attraction into two slides similar to Ohyah and Ohno at Volcano Bay
Stoen_170524_0234.jpg

Dueling slides race around the interior of the factory on conveyor belts, before popping out into the watery lagoon below for a splashdown.

The two slide names are Swammy Swan and Grickle Grass
portable-network-graphics-image-07b90154cf19-1-png.209482

portable-network-graphics-image-69c8bff93111-1-png.209761

artwork by @Jtuck

Mt Zorn
518eq5NjZkL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Transitioning into Mt. Zorn - from Oh, The Places You'll Go - will be a swirling racing mat attraction beginning from the interior of Mt Zorn and racing down its colorful landscape. With 4 lanes, you can race up to 3 other guests at a time for a fun family event!

Cat in the Hat Playzone
An interactive Cat in the Hat kiddie area similar to Pike's Peak in Disney's Blizzard Beach, complete with small kid slides (Thing 1 and Thing 2) as well as other Cat created contraptions that kids can slide down and parents can sit in the seaside town beaches relaxing.

Mt. Crumpit and Whoville
file_000-jpeg.210272

artwork by @Coasterninja

- Grinch's Grin - 90 foot drop straight down Mt. Crumpit.
- To the Max - a 75 foot camel hump style body slide next to Grinch's Grin
- Sled attraction - a gondola to take you to the top of Mt. Crumpit (themed after the Grinch's sled)
- Walk Through element through Mt. Crumpit and Whoville

The Jungle of Nool
full

Horton Hears a Who - Family Raft Ride
Yertle the Turtle body slides - 4 different slides through the wild Jungles of Nool, in and out of moutains and valleys, into the lake below.

(these walk-through exhibits below transferred directly from the June project thanks to @FigmentPigments )

The Big Brag Trail - This walk-through attraction follows the story of a boastful bear and a proud rabbit as the try to prove who is the best of the beasts. This trail uses button activate pop ups to tell this story of the two biggest fools ever seen.

Clover Cliff - At the end of the Big Brag Trail is Clover Cliff. Guests can marvel at the field of clovers that seem to go on forever. However, set against the backdrop of Mt. Zorn, guests can barely see the statues of two stubborn Zax. Using one of lever activated Zax-a-scopes (telescopes) pointed at the Zax, guests will get a closer look at these creatures and hear their story. Once the telescope is engaged, the guest pulls the lever to change the scene to make certain cutouts appear around the two Zax. For instance, after the lever is pulled, a cut out of snow seems to engulf the Zax up to their chest, and in another scene, cardboard rain cut outs appear over their heads. As the lever is pulled and the scene changes, the story of the Zax is told in its entirety.

As Wet as You Get - In the middle of Nool sits a small pond named Lake Winna-Bango and in the middle of the pond is the small island of Sala-ma-Sond where Yertle the Turtle sits proud a top of his long suffering subjects. Beware though, as the disgruntled turtles will spit out water at unsuspecting guests. This wobbling fountain is interactive as well as when you push on the bottom turtle named Mack, the rest of the stack shakes and twirls around. They all shout in alarm and guests can even hear King Yertle yelling from the top. Other water works include Horton spraying water from his trunk, a vat of “beezlenut oil” spouting up big plums of water, and the many color and fanciful fish of the Dr. Seuss world, joining together to make a long chain of jumping fountains.

Bird Brain Lane - Tessa Toucanella is at it again! Hang around to hear her whisper all of the strange and amusing news from the Jungle of Nool to all of her gossiping, flighty friends.

Restaurants

- Delish Fish
- Mr. Ish's Magical Wish Dish
- The Great Yookeroo's Right Side Up Vegemite Butter
- Green Eggs and Ham

Shops

- Sylvester McMonkey McBean’s @ Sneetch Beach - This gift shop is dedicated to those funny creatures, the Sneetches. Pick up a plush sneetch with any number of stars on their bodies, grab a copy of Dr. Seuss’s The Sneetches, or even try on a yellow sneetch hoodie.

- What Pet Should I Get - Guests can choose from an oversized Yent, a seven hump Wump, a horned Zans, a singing Ying, a boxing Gox, a one haired Zed, a ring loving Gack, a hopping Yop, or a sleeping Zeep. Or, incredibly, if none of these are suitable, guests are invited to make their own pets. Similar to build-a-bear, guests can choose a pet to be stuffed and customized to each guest’s specification. Each pet comes with its very own carry home basket.

- There's a Wocket in my Pocket - Interactive Shop
--------------
That's about it for now -- will add in details and feedback welcome! :)

Disney Dad 3000

Thought id fool around with some rough sketches of park entries and larger landscape views of the park. Maybe would trigger ideas for some more detail in the lands or inspiration for some of the artists on here.

This is the entry point from the resorts (I think Italy and greece) going out into the main lagoon past hong kong on right. Going for a little more seedier village atmosphere to flow into the stunt show and would put some skyscapers in background and then on other side of bridge for the lagoo view for the modern HK. This is unfinished.

spacemt354

Chili's
Thought id fool around with some rough sketches of park entries and larger landscape views of the park. Maybe would trigger ideas for some more detail in the lands or inspiration for some of the artists on here.

This is the entry point from the resorts (I think Italy and greece) going out into the main lagoon past hong kong on right. Going for a little more seedier village atmosphere to flow into the stunt show and would put some skyscapers in background and then on other side of bridge for the lagoo view for the modern HK. This is unfinished.
Hey look at you! Great job with the rough sketch...I like the style and atmosphere you're going for here. Can't wait to see it finished!

Disney Dad 3000

Hey look at you! Great job with the rough sketch...I like the style and atmosphere you're going for here. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks! Thought I'd do a few and see how they turned out. If we don't use em no biggie. Plus I know the parks can change a lot.

Was that a monorail loop circling the outer lagoon I saw? Was going, to maybe do water views of HK, JW, etc to play around and wanted to include the rail of its there.

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks! Thought I'd do a few and see how they turned out. If we don't use em no biggie. Plus I know the parks can change a lot.

Was that a monorail loop circling the outer lagoon I saw? Was going, to maybe do water views of HK, JW, etc to play around and wanted to include the rail of its there.
We'll definitely use them! Yes that was a monorail - I put that in there sort of as an in-park mode of transportation from the entrance to Jurassic World like from the film:bookworm:
1476a3f4e887f992db1e3684cebb3e81--jurassic-world-jurassic-park.jpg

D Hulk

Great lineup. Is there a specific land youre tackling first or more of just an overview?
Still on overview stuff. I'd like to do a rough parkwide map by tomorrow. Then the Hogwarts boutique hotel will be important, as the central feature which determines every land's sightlines.

Most rides are enclosed dark rides or flight sims, so if anyone's interested in working on stuff like that, it's layout-independent!

Suchomimus

I think Pokemon would be a good move!

I think it has so much of a fanbase it'd go incredibly well.... Plus imagine the opportunity for Pokemon encounters like the encounters at Jurassic Park :D

There was think game on the Nintendo 64.... Kind go like a shooter style game where you get points for the pictures you take in a boat.... with Pokemon. Maybe something like that would work in area? :bookworm: Skip to 0:55 in the video... it should explain kind of what I'm taking about.

There actually is Pokémon movie. 14 to be exact.

spacemt354

Chili's
jesus your seuss idea sounds awesome, [ also before anyone complains that cn and nick aren't gonna be in a same land due to copyright im gonna say something, if we can build a seuss water park anythings possible ]

Thanks! Actually I'm sort of with you with those idea. I used to love Cartoon Network as a kid and while the copyright would be an impasse i think that could make for a unique kidzone experience. :bookworm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom