So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 15: Uniting Universal (Official Hub Thread)

DisneyManOne

What if we had a Dr. Suess waterpark?

02bab7babb58af512d7a85eb35e93d17.jpg

8b94ab66b48a2db8caf50d6bc82f3210.png

upsidedown_greenhouse_by_jermilex.jpg

This. A hundred times this.

D Hulk

Since we really seem to be liking the Suess water park concept....I wonder if we could rework some of the theme park land into the water park...like Mt Crumpet as our version of Mt Gushmore (Blizzard Beach) which frees up space in UniSEA for another land?
A Seuss water park is a truly cool concept! Removing Seuss from UniSea also creates a vacuum. What to replace it with?

The park needs a child-friendly land, preferably on a timeless single IP. Without rearranging the layout, this land would be between Nintendo's Hyrule and King Kong's Skull Island.

The obvious choice is Donkey Kong. How do we feel about this? It would make for a cool land (ideas already form), but it might make the park's settings slightly less varied. Wonder what other IPs could go in there?

spacemt354

Chili's
A Seuss water park is a truly cool concept! Removing Seuss from UniSea also creates a vacuum. What to replace it with?

The park needs a child-friendly land, preferably on a timeless single IP. Without rearranging the layout, this land would be between Nintendo's Hyrule and King Kong's Skull Island.

The obvious choice is Donkey Kong. How do we feel about this? It would make for a cool land (ideas already form), but it might make the park's settings slightly less varied. Wonder what other IPs could go in there?
Might be a stretch...but Marvel? Rumor has it that Universal in Orlando is going ahead with an Iron Legion attraction, and since they'd still be able to build based on the comics, it could be an option?

Other than that...while we'd be venturing off Uni IPs...I still think The Hobbit or LotR would make an amazing land!

D Hulk

Might be a stretch...but Marvel? Rumor has it that Universal in Orlando is going ahead with an Iron Legion attraction, and since they'd still be able to build based on the comics, it could be an option?

Other than that...while we'd be venturing off Uni IPs...I still think The Hobbit or LotR would make an amazing land!
Is Universal allowed to do Marvel outside of Orlando? Spider-Man at IOA is based on the comics, and they first created Transformers for USH because they couldn't use Marvel there.

UniSea's expansion pad has always had LOTR/The Hobbit in mind, which would fit this park like a glove. The Hobbit moreso, even if its film trilogy was weaker. It could wedge into the old Seuss location instead. Doing so would definitely make this the more teen-oriented park!

spacemt354

Chili's
Is Universal allowed to do Marvel outside of Orlando? Spider-Man at IOA is based on the comics, and they first created Transformers for USH because they couldn't use Marvel there.

UniSea's expansion pad has always had LOTR/The Hobbit in mind, which would fit this park like a glove. The Hobbit moreso, even if its film trilogy was weaker. It could wedge into the old Seuss location instead. Doing so would definitely make this the more teen-oriented park!
That's why I was saying it might be a stretch haha. The contract (I believe) is specifically for Orlando. Marvel can't be used within 60 miles of Universal Orlando...however Disney can use it at their other theme parks. I don't know where that leaves Universal Japan/Hollywood (Uni still owns the distribution rights for Hulk films and such) but maybe it's too complicated for what it's worth.

Hobbit would definitely be my backup choice! While skewing a bit more teenage...it's hard to find an unused Uni IP that appeals to children and fits within the park. Of course a Kid Zone or a Toon Lagoon could be installed...but it might stick out like a sore thumb in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom