So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits (Official Hub Thread)

CraniumCommand89

My strategy was to get out big threats on my team first so I could have a better chance to win.

TheOriginalTiki told me that my plan to vote out Space this round was solid and I could get it set up. That's what I tried to do and planned for the future. I'm sorry it got to be too much but as I kept saying, I was not breaking any game rules.

I'm going to resign so I don't hurt feelings. If the hosts didn't want strategy then I wish it wasn't available to begin with. I told them I was motivated because I wasn't picked for the fantasy draft and wanted to prove myself. I'm sorry for being trouble.

MANEATINGWREATH

My strategy was to get out big threats on my team first so I could have a better chance to win.

TheOriginalTiki told me that my plan to vote out Space this round was solid and I could get it set up. That's what I tried to do and planned for the future. I'm sorry it got to be too much but as I kept saying, I was not breaking any game rules.

I'm going to resign so I don't hurt feelings. If the hosts didn't want strategy then I wish it wasn't available to begin with. I told them I was motivated because I wasn't picked for the fantasy draft and wanted to prove myself. I'm sorry for being trouble.

You haven't hurt anyone's feelings, and you certainly don't have to resign because of it. There is still time for you to turn around and start fresh. :) Even your teammate's have said so. You have proven yourself a worthy contestant and I'm sorry that the fantasy draft had such an effect. Just know, it's nothing personal, it's all for fun. This entire game is just that - all for fun.

However, I will not let you turn this situation around on Tiki and myself. We did not encourage this or tell you to go after Space, let alone any other contestant. We should end this conversation now before more fingers are pointed or lies are spread. :)

The best chance at winning is just being a good contestant and getting along with everyone throughout the season. You still have time to do this. Whether you want to remain in the game or not is up to you.

CraniumCommand89

You haven't hurt anyone's feelings, and you certainly don't have to resign because of it. There is still time for you to turn around and start fresh. :) Even your teammate's have said so. You have proven yourself a worthy contestant and I'm sorry that the fantasy draft had such an effect. Just know, it's nothing personal, it's all for fun. This entire game is just that - all for fun.

However, I will not let you turn this situation around on Tiki and myself. We did not encourage this or tell you to go after Space, let alone any other contestant. We should end this conversation now before more fingers are pointed or lies are spread. :)

The best chance at winning is just being a good contestant and getting along with everyone throughout the season. You still have time to do this. Whether you want to remain in the game or not is up to you.
No he did tell me that in our strategy PM. He said the move was fine, but also to slow down. I'm sorry I did not slow down. If you want to talk more we can in the pm. I am going to leave the game still because I feel horrible.

MANEATINGWREATH

No he did tell me that in our strategy PM. He said the move was fine, but also to slow down. I'm sorry I did not slow down. If you want to talk more we can in the pm. I am going to leave the game because I feel horrible.

Okay, that is your decision. I still don't agree with your decision to put the blame on us, but there's nothing I can do about that now, can I? :)

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

RMichael21

That's a shame, because it looks to me like you're a fantastic Imagineer. But, when it comes to the Fantasy Draft, it's about Imagineering, not strategy. I think you just jumped the gun a little bit.

You shouldn't feel horrible because you tried to prove yourself, which is a great thing to do! I think you just went about it the wrong way. I (and everyone else) has nothing against you and your strategy so if you're open to staying, I'd be glad. :)

CraniumCommand89

That's a shame, because it looks to me like you're a fantastic Imagineer. But, when it comes to the Fantasy Draft, it's about Imagineering, not strategy. I think you just jumped the gun a little bit.

You shouldn't feel horrible because you tried to prove yourself, which is a great thing to do! I think you just went about it the wrong way. I (and everyone else) has nothing against you and your strategy so if you're open to staying, I'd be glad. :)
I got worked up over it I'm sorry. I was accused of lying too when I wasn't, so that's also why I'm leaving.

MANEATINGWREATH

I got worked up over it I'm sorry. I was accused of lying too when I wasn't, so that's also why I'm leaving.

Okay, that is on me, and I will own up to that. There was a quote in a PM that I had completely forgotten about. I do apologize for that. However, I stand by not turning this situation around on us.

I'm in agreeance with RMichael. But again, the choice is yours.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

Just going to put this on public record. MEW didn't know about this quote when he posted that accusation and I apologize that it came up in the first place. Just to clear the air on everything, here's what Cranium is referring to.

Once again, I'm not trying to criticize you. I'm very openly stating that you're doing a great job and that the plan is solid. It's all good. I just want to make sure things don't get out of hand as the host. Make your move, it's totally fine. I'm just voicing my concerns.

This was within the first 24 hours of any kind of strategy happening, before we knew how wide spread it would get. When I wrote this it was just him and one other person doing the planning.

I don't want you to feel like you're being shamed out of the community. Things just hit a breaking point and too many people were going to us saying the game wasn't "fun" anymore with all the alliances, and we had to draw a line somewhere.

MANEATINGWREATH

4.jpg

Remember to have these projects in by Tuesday, February 14th! Project Two to be posted shortly thereafter.

Also, I got dumped, so no Valentine's date for me. :p Just work.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Were happy to formally welcome back @CraniumCommand89 into the competition on Team Cap. We do have one other person waiting in the wings to join the competition, so for that reason someone will definitely be eliminated this round.

The way the elimination process will work this season is the judges will announce a nominee from each team 48 hours before the project is due. If that person steps it up we have the right to switch them with someone else after the project gets handed in depending on how much the nominee contributes to the overall effort when all is said and done.

The team leader will hold partial responsibility for each loss, therefore the judges will decide on the eventual nominee and the team leader for who gets eliminated from the team who scores the lowest when MEW and I calculate our scores.

With that, here comes the not so fun part...The nominees. Keep in mind you're not out of it yet and have a chance to impress the judges before the projects get turned in.

For Team Mist, we have decided to nominate @DisneyManOne. While overall this team has had the most even contributions from the different members, DisneyMan has been the least active in the brainstorming. A tough decision to be sure, and he'll now have a chance to prove himself as we'll be keeping an eye on his contributions to the overall project.

Of course if he wants to, he may use the Diamond PoMVP he won during Festival of Imagination to automatically pull himself off the block. DisneyMan, you can make the decision on if you want to use it any time before the project gets turned in.

Team Younger was the easiest call. Unfortunately @NAdoTEg has been inactive from the start of the game so he'll be the sure-fire elimination if that team looses unless he suddenly comes out of the woodwork and blows all our minds.

Team Cap we've nominated @Angels and Disney's. Similar to the situation with Team Mist...all of you are active, but Angels has shown up the least in the brainstorming as of late and doesn't really have a solid contribution to the overall project yet. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to all nominees and Team Leaders. Tuesday cannot come soon enough and I can't tell you how excited MEW and I are about this season's continued success! :D

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Team Younger proudly presents:

Century City
A Toon Town

Walt Disney's very first animated work was created in 1922. To celebrate a century of animated excellence, the many major animation companies have come together to work with Walt Disney Imagineering to create the greatest Toontown style theme park land to ever exist, opening on the 100 year anniversary of that cartoon in 2022. Century City is a truly a celebration of animation!
3627521a655cd66a2bb8492779c19a6c.jpg

Being built around primarily Echo Lake in Hollywood Studios, this land will cover the land between the current Hollywood & Vine restaurant, Star Tours, and ABC Commissary. Century City will cover every era of animation! From Walt's first big cartoon star, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, to the young, growing field of internet animation!

Each title below is a link to a detailed description!
skXX2RC.png

Red - Attractions:

1 - Dr Doofenshmirtz's Cartoon Crossover
2 - Mickey Mouse and the Mad Doctor's Manic Mansion - Castle Entrance
3 - Mickey Mouse and the Mad Doctor's Manic Mansion - Showbuilding (Extends beneath queue)
4 - Rocky and Bullwinkle: Soaring Escapades!
5 - Century City Jolly Trolley (Garage)
6 - Ludwig Von Drake Laboratory
7 - Charlie the Unicorn Walkthrough in Internet Alley
8 - Internet Alley Meet & Greet Location

Blue - Restaurants:

9 - 50s Prime Time Cafe Relocation
10 - Oswald's Lucky Lounge
11 - Steamboat Willie
12 - Bob's Burgers
13 - Krusty Krab
14 - House of Mouse
15 - Jellystone Food Truck

Purple - Retail:

16 - ACME Warehouse
17 - Jessica's Boutique
18 - H&B
19 - Mystery Shack

Yellow - Atmosphere:

20 - Animaniacs Street Show
21 - Annoying Orange Window Projections
22 - HISHE Interactive Experience

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

It's today! It's finally today!

Remember, get those projects in by 11:59 PM, Eastern Time, 8:59 PM Pacific Time!

@TheOriginalTiki and I will post our reviews in the hour or two following, shortly followed by our first elimination, the arrival of a returning veteran player (no spoilers), and of course, Project Two and its subsequent brainstorming threads. Stay tuned!

Special thanks to Team Younger for turning in their project waaaay ahead of schedule. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom