So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

IAmNotAHufflepuff

2016-02-27-1456606406-8513717-Applebees_night_view.jpg

Will she take the bait? :p;)

MANEATINGWREATH

In the spirit of my hectic lifestyle and due to the fact that I'm the only member in the Museum of the Weird who is actually active in this contest... Lol... I've decided to just go ahead and post what I was able to come up with in hopes of winning over the judges' hearts with humor, rather than creative merit.

It seems only fitting that the Museum of the Weird comes up with a project that is....well....weird. For this project, we were assigned to come up with an attraction based off of a particular Star Wars villain that serves as the focal point of an anchoring expansion to Star Wars Land. @JokersWild requested an attraction based off of IG-88, but he's truly missing out on the REAL villain of the Saga... Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express. Yes, this is our actual project, why do you ask?

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

With the tremendous success of Spin-Off to Force Awakens Land...I mean...er - "Star Wars Land," the world was shocked when Michael D. Eisner, former CEO of the Walt Disney Company announced his return to Paramount Studios. Irrelevant to the Walt Disney Company, Eisner's return to Paramount had nothing to do with current Disney CEO Bob Iger's intent to expand upon the wildly successful franchise-rooted land. As per Iger's request, George Lucas was brought on bored - I mean - board, to come up with and design an attraction-anchored expansion of Star Wars Land involving George's favorite Star Wars character. At first, it was believed that the attraction would center around everyone's favorite Gungan, Jar Jar Binks. But instead, fans were shocked to learn at D23 that Salacious B. Crumb, the lovable monkey-like jester of Jabba the Hutt would be the star of this new E-Ticket.

"This is going to be the pinnacle of all Disney attractions... The Haunted Mansion? Garbage. Pirates of the Caribbean? LAME! Star Tours? Patooie! Indiana Jones Adventure? Indiana who? Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express is the essential Disneyland E-Ticket. Walt would be proud. So would Eisner." - George Lucas at D23

Excitement and tension rose as opening day drew near... On October 13, 2025, Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express opened to the adoring public, taking guests on a most glorious journey through the magically wondrous world of the Kowakian monkey-lizard with a knack for laughter and good-natured humor.

The journey aboard the Giggle Gas Express begins in a shadowy corner of Star Wars Land, where a two-dimensional cutout of Hogwarts Castle awaits. When questioned what and how Hogwarts was apart of Star Wars Land, Lucas replied with "J.K. and I are good chums. So much so in fact, I stole her ideas without her knowing. That's how we got it there." Of course, the statues of winged-boars have been replaced with statues of Salacious Crumb wielding a mighty torch. Strangely, the Hogwarts logo still presides on the front side of each statue... Meandering through a colorful pine forest, we enter Hogwarts through a rocky outcropping below, finding ourselves transported not into Harry Potter's "home," but instead into Jabba's Palace.

Jabba's Palace of course has been given the proper Disney treatment. Rather than finding a true hive of scum and villainy, we find a colorful, princess-designed castle in the grand spirit of Sleeping Beauty Castle or the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Doilies and flowers create a fun sense of magic for the children who are a little too afraid to meet Salacious Crumb at such a young age. Statues of Jar Jar Binks and IG-88 line the room, appropriately decked out in flower stickers and bows, as if Jabba's long-lost daughter decorated them herself. To apply to the politically correct standards of today's PC-happy world, Jabba does make an appearance in the queue, albeit sized down and turned into a non-slobbering, English-speaking human with abs and throbbing biceps. "Welcome, my friends," says Jabba the Human. "I'm Jabba the Hutt, the galaxy's biggest advocate for anti-slavery, anti-gang, and anti-drug-related activity." By this point the queue in front of us is SO empty that we don't even stick around to hear the rest of Jabba's spiel, let alone the attraction's presumably whimsical backstory.

With the ride vehicles just feet ahead of us, we...wait a minute, why did the show lights come on? Why are the ride vehicles stopped, and why did that enchanting music start playing?

No...

Don't tell me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to unforseen circumstances, Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express must be shutdown and closed for forever. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you come back to see us real soon. Please visit other Star Wars Land attractions."

Well, that was crap.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

In the spirit of my hectic lifestyle and due to the fact that I'm the only member in the Museum of the Weird who is actually active in this contest... Lol... I've decided to just go ahead and post what I was able to come up with in hopes of winning over the judges' hearts with humor, rather than creative merit.

It seems only fitting that the Museum of the Weird comes up with a project that is....well....weird. For this project, we were assigned to come up with an attraction based off of a particular Star Wars villain that serves as the focal point of an anchoring expansion to Star Wars Land. @JokersWild requested an attraction based off of IG-88, but he's truly missing out on the REAL villain of the Saga... Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express. Yes, this is our actual project, why do you ask?

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

With the tremendous success of Spin-Off to Force Awakens Land...I mean...er - "Star Wars Land," the world was shocked when Michael D. Eisner, former CEO of the Walt Disney Company announced his return to Paramount Studios. Irrelevant to the Walt Disney Company, Eisner's return to Paramount had nothing to do with current Disney CEO Bob Iger's intent to expand upon the wildly successful franchise-rooted land. As per Iger's request, George Lucas was brought on bored - I mean - board, to come up with and design an attraction-anchored expansion of Star Wars Land involving George's favorite Star Wars character. At first, it was believed that the attraction would center around everyone's favorite Gungan, Jar Jar Binks. But instead, fans were shocked to learn at D23 that Salacious B. Crumb, the lovable monkey-like jester of Jabba the Hutt would be the star of this new E-Ticket.

"This is going to be the pinnacle of all Disney attractions... The Haunted Mansion? Garbage. Pirates of the Caribbean? LAME! Star Tours? Patooie! Indiana Jones Adventure? Indiana who? Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express is the essential Disneyland E-Ticket. Walt would be proud. So would Eisner." - George Lucas at D23

Excitement and tension rose as opening day drew near... On October 13, 2025, Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express opened to the adoring public, taking guests on a most glorious journey through the magically wondrous world of the Kowakian monkey-lizard with a knack for laughter and good-natured humor.

The journey aboard the Giggle Gas Express begins in a shadowy corner of Star Wars Land, where a two-dimensional cutout of Hogwarts Castle awaits. When questioned what and how Hogwarts was apart of Star Wars Land, Lucas replied with "J.K. and I are good chums. So much so in fact, I stole her ideas without her knowing. That's how we got it there." Of course, the statues of winged-boars have been replaced with statues of Salacious Crumb wielding a mighty torch. Strangely, the Hogwarts logo still presides on the front side of each statue... Meandering through a colorful pine forest, we enter Hogwarts through a rocky outcropping below, finding ourselves transported not into Harry Potter's "home," but instead into Jabba's Palace.

Jabba's Palace of course has been given the proper Disney treatment. Rather than finding a true hive of scum and villainy, we find a colorful, princess-designed castle in the grand spirit of Sleeping Beauty Castle or the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Doilies and flowers create a fun sense of magic for the children who are a little too afraid to meet Salacious Crumb at such a young age. Statues of Jar Jar Binks and IG-88 line the room, appropriately decked out in flower stickers and bows, as if Jabba's long-lost daughter decorated them herself. To apply to the politically correct standards of today's PC-happy world, Jabba does make an appearance in the queue, albeit sized down and turned into a non-slobbering, English-speaking human with abs and throbbing biceps. "Welcome, my friends," says Jabba the Human. "I'm Jabba the Hutt, the galaxy's biggest advocate for anti-slavery, anti-gang, and anti-drug-related activity." By this point the queue in front of us is SO empty that we don't even stick around to hear the rest of Jabba's spiel, let alone the attraction's presumably whimsical backstory.

With the ride vehicles just feet ahead of us, we...wait a minute, why did the show lights come on? Why are the ride vehicles stopped, and why did that enchanting music start playing?

No...

Don't tell me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to unforseen circumstances, Salacious Crumb's Giggle Gas Express must be shutdown and closed for forever. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you come back to see us real soon. Please visit other Star Wars Land attractions."

Well, that was crap.

:hilarious:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not sure why he didn't put it in there. That was my contribution to the project. I'll try and reach him but I think he's out on personal biz.
No worries, I thought it was great! It just needs to be in the original post for posterity (not for judgement) imho...

What setup do you have for custom music like that? What voice library did you use for the instruments?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom