So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

DinoInstitute

Eh, I didn't like it.

It felt like a weird mixture of The Lion King and Finding Nemo...with dinos thrown in there.

The thing is, it wasn't a bad concept for a movie. It just could have been so much more. The story felt so uninspired to me, and nothing really had to do with dinosaurs specifically. Like, the whole concept of "what if the asteroid never hit" that I remember reading about felt like it was just completely dropped off for a tacky attempt to replicate early Pixar emotional family stories. Also, I didn't really seem to care about the main character, which made his journey just kind of empty. Like, no real interesting/non-cliche things happened to him, and I didn't really love the voice actor.

That's probably overly harsh, but it just didn't work for me... Good thing I didn't pay to see it in theaters :p

spacemt354

Chili's
For the teamwork I can see a 5/10

But it wasn't just mickeyfan and myself

@FigmentPigments did fantastic art on the character, the ride vehicle description, the load, and was always active in brainstorming/feedback
@MANEATINGWREATH did the Haunted Mansion easter egg...and won PoMVP...so he must have done something right:p

And other people on the team definitely tried to help out...but were busy...though 4/8 main contributions does = 5/10;)

mickeyfan5534

I'll accept every criticism for my leadership here and I do admit I was blinded by my protectiveness for my characters. However, to say I had never been this proactive in a competition kind of ignores my contributions in the House Cup, especially in New New Fantasyland and Discoveryland where I was on my phone and computer every moment I could making two minilands (Fantasyland) or building an entire mythology (Discoveryland). It just kind of makes me salty about the comment.

spacemt354

Chili's
Walt's Vault, Diamond PoMVP, and PoMVP are 3 different things I think

Diamond PoMVP was given to England in round 1, who then had to choose 2 more people to give one to. (Red and myself)

When they got eliminated thise two Diamond PoMVPs were given to Mickeyfan and Figment via Walt's Vault.

That power is to take yourself off the nomination block if you are nominated in a given round.

PoMVP is supposed to go to the person on Team Chandler who was...essentially ..the MVP of the team, someone who contributed the most, helped out, etc.

That grants you complete immunity in the next challenge...so MEW has immunity.

They are two separate things that may be where the confusion is coming from

I think for Season 14...it would definitely help to have a SYWTBAI dictionary on the main page:D there's a lot of terms and for new players it's good to have a place of reference!

JokersWild

I'll accept every criticism for my leadership here and I do admit I was blinded by my protectiveness for my characters. However, to say I had never been this proactive in a competition kind of ignores my contributions in the House Cup, especially in New New Fantasyland and Discoveryland where I was on my phone and computer every moment I could making two minilands (Fantasyland) or building an entire mythology (Discoveryland). It just kind of makes me salty about the comment.
I mean, it's absolutely not a slight towards you. We were simply talking about how you've really come into your own recently, which is fantastic.

Neither of us really said that this project was the first time that you really took the lead and put out something huge that was largely yours, just that this was the first time that I had personally saw it, and that its great to see you become that after watching you compete and be around for so long. Neither tiki or I were really hugely participating the the House Cup, so neither of us would have really known that, though I'm sure what you put out then was just as spectacular.

So really, it was not meant to insult you; we were simply making observations based on OUR prior knowledge.

JokersWild

Walt's Vault, Diamond PoMVP, and PoMVP are 3 different things I think

Diamond PoMVP was given to England in round 1, who then had to choose 2 more people to give one to. (Red and myself)

When they got eliminated thise two Diamond PoMVPs were given to Mickeyfan and Figment via Walt's Vault.

That power is to take yourself off the nomination block if you are nominated in a given round.

PoMVP is supposed to go to the person on Team Chandler who was...essentially ..the MVP of the team, someone who contributed the most, helped out, etc.

That grants you complete immunity in the next challenge...so MEW has immunity.

They are two separate things that may be where the confusion is coming from

I think for Season 14...it would definitely help to have a SYWTBAI dictionary on the main page:D there's a lot of terms and for new players it's good to have a place of reference!
And you're totally right. This season was a bit complicated for a mostly new cast that's never played before.

I illy expect most of the transitional links to be worked out bext season.

spacemt354

Chili's
You were one of the best and most active in the House Cup for sure!

Don't worry about last round...I'm glad to see you step up regardless of the outcome.

mickeyfan5534

I mean, it's absolutely not a slight towards you. We were simply talking about how you've really come into your own recently, which is fantastic.

Neither of us really said that this project was the first time that you really took the lead and put out something huge that was largely yours, just that this was the first time that I had personally saw it, and that its great to see you become that after watching you compete and be around for so long. Neither tiki or I were really hugely participating the the House Cup, so neither of us would have really known that, though I'm sure what you put out then was just as spectacular.

So really, it was not meant to insult you; we were simply making observations based on OUR prior knowledge.
I'm far from offended. I'm actually really flattered with the compliments. It's also something I noticed in the House Cup Challenge 1 podcast as well (not the actual review where Red singled me out with a fave and I recognize y'all kind of taking it out in good fun) where you skimmed through the website without going deeper down a page for a Sleeping Beauty area that I worked extremely hard on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom