so,you have to be 18,hhmmmm?

PuertoRekinSam

What?

To stay in a hotel you need to be 18. This is because at 18 you can be leaglly bound to a contract.

I have no clue what your double talk about being 21 was all about. If you can clarify what you meant, I'd be happy to try to field your question. And if I can't do it, I'm sure DisJosh, Maria, or Grizzly Hall can.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Originally posted by Disney_Freak:eek:þ
you have to be 18 to stay at a disney world resort by yourself? i mean,u have to have someone 21 or older if you want to stay?:brick:

Yes you have to be 18 to stay alone at any hotel...w/ or with out someone else.

I think what she meant Sam in her second part is that if your under 18 that you have to stay w/ someone over 21.

That's not so, you said it your self disney Freak...the age is 18. 18 is the age of consent in most states so there for when your 18 your an adult.

So if you have an 18 year old friend rather than a parent to accompany you...you could do that...I think lol. ;)

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

This is Kinda Off Subject but Does Relate to it Somewhat...

My HS class is planning a Trip down there as the "Last Harrah" If About Half of us are 18 will we beable to do this?

Upvote 0

Rooster

Originally posted by SykedOwt
It's Not Going to Be Done via the School, Its Seperate from it, Kind of Like a Post-Prom trip.

You will be fine! I went to Orlando with friends my senior year in HS and had no problems. Now that was in 1986 however.

I used to be a GM of a hotel and here is the general rule. If you are 18 and from out of state you will not have a problem unless you lie about how many people are in the room. This will be checked if you are under 21(trying to avoid overcrowded unsafe conditions is the reason). The only real time a person will be denied a room when they are under 21 is when they are from the same area that the hotel is located in. :cool:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

you sure they'll let 17 year olds stay in there? I mean...any old 17-year old can't get a 16-year old into a rated-R movie any more...I dunno...I've never gone to disney w/o my family...

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by DogsRule!
you sure they'll let 17 year olds stay in there? I mean...any old 17-year old can't get a 16-year old into a rated-R movie any more...I dunno...I've never gone to disney w/o my family...

Where are you getting 17 from? A 17 yr. old can stay there as long as someone 18+ is staying there with them.

Upvote 0

AdLibSean

Senior Trips!

YEAH! This has nothing to do with the question asked, but how many took, or are planning to take Senior trips to WDW???? I took one with my Senior friends last summer and we had a blast, didn't stay on property, and only went to parks for two days. Did three of them in one day, WOW! We were beat, but it was so memorable and so much better than getting drunk, and not remembering anything in Cancun or someplace like that. I'm also planning one for my senior year, this June with my girlfriend. Anyone else done this? We're planning on going w/ each other every 5 years. Later

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think she is getting confused by some of the driving rules! In Florida, a driver under 18 with a permit must travel with someone over 21. However, if he/she is 18 or over, he/she just needs to have a licensed driver along. Also, they (under 18)are prohibited from being on the road after certain hours, even if they are licensed, except for specific circumstances. Locally, someone under 18 can only go into an x-rated movie with an adult over 21 (I'm not sure if that adult has to be a parent or legal guardian) So it's possible that a 16 or 17 year old might not be allowed to share a room at WDW with an 18 year old. If they are having *** the elder COULD even be in legal trouble!! :eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom