So why weren't there many strollers back in the day?

CaptainAmerica

This is when threads can get confusing. The fact that a parent would treat their child like they were disabled to get their way, is a horrible thing.
I'm not saying parents treat their child like they're disabled, the adults themselves claim BS disabilities all the time. The most common abuse is from people who have legitimate disabilities, but not disabilities that require certain special treatment. Diabetes is a disability but it's not a disability that requires all sorts of special accommodations in a theme park.

Peculiar Penguin

Last time we were there in March we were on Seas with Nemo, there was a 50 something year old woman in the shell next to us with another woman similar to her age taking flash photos with a wind up disposable camera (think 1998) through the ENTIRE ride. All you saw was flash...click....and then listened to the wind of the camera. It truly was unbelievable. :oops:

And do you think she ever looked at those photos? NO. Because where would you even go in 2019 to have them developed?! lol.

And if you really want it to hit home and work, pull a PeeWee's Funhouse and have Anna and Elsa come on and say "Ok kids, if you see mommy or daddy using their flash or looking at their phone while you are on a ride, you yell "MOMMY AND DADDY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE" as loud as you can when you get off the ride!)

This is hilarious and I support it!! Where is the petition?

Ugh. After waiting in line for forever for Frozen when it first opened someone in our boat took a flash photo every ten feet during the ride. I was fuming mad. Finally my husband yelled "STOP DOING THAT" and they did lol. And it's always the adults! Kids may always be on their phones but at least they know how to use them properly :hilarious:

Glad others feel the same way. I would rather live in the moment than have a poor quality photo that I'll never look at again and irritate everyone around me.

Chi84

Premium Member
People are absolutely doing that. It's not cynical, it's factually true.
Well, I think you quoted me just a bit out of context there, but so be it. My point was that medical science is recognizing and developing treatments for conditions it was not previously able to diagnose and alleviate, and that it's a good thing for people who fall into that category. I was not suggesting that no one ever commits fraud. When I said the issue is complicated, I meant complicated for society as a whole, not for every individual member. There are some who find everything 110 % simple.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Now, There is a lot of poppycock “disabilities” out there that is complete nonsense and diminishes those who truly suffer from something they have no control over

Yes that's a nice rant... but the ada was not created to protect those with fake disabilities, nor does anyone worry about disenfranchising fakers. So the whole fakers and abuse tangent has nothing to do with my post or who I was replying to.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The most common abuse is from people who have legitimate disabilities, but not disabilities that require certain special treatment

You base this claim on?

The park doesn't concern itself with what disabilities are new or old out there. It focuses only on what accommodations people need.

The root problem is how selfish and self centered people have become so they can't self regulate and abuse climbs as people just can't resist the Apple.

mdcpr

People, you're straying far away from the topic - which was headed towards being insulting from the get go. It's time to just let it go and allow this thread to fade away.
Thank you for addressing this. This is so disrespectful and insulting. On a site to discuss WDW, these comments are totally inappropriate, specially those against a vulnerable group -- special needs children. And on a WDW page nonetheless.

fireworkz

In a desperate attempt to get this back on topic - I wonder if there would be less strollers and less scooters in the parks if Disney brought back the Main Street transportation, Epcot Showcase Buses, Animal Kingdom boats and other similar transportation. Would help reduce the walking in within the parks.

My mom at 71 with bad knees rents scooters at the parks now, but will use the "golf cart" shuttles and moving walkways provided in airports rather than asking for a wheelchair service. Give her the trolley on Main Street and she said she would give up the scooter.

jaklgreen

In a desperate attempt to get this back on topic - I wonder if there would be less strollers and less scooters in the parks if Disney brought back the Main Street transportation, Epcot Showcase Buses, Animal Kingdom boats and other similar transportation. Would help reduce the walking in within the parks.

My mom at 71 with bad knees rents scooters at the parks now, but will use the "golf cart" shuttles and moving walkways provided in airports rather than asking for a wheelchair service. Give her the trolley on Main Street and she said she would give up the scooter.

Going down main street is only going to save her that distance. The whole rest of the park is a ton of walking. I really can't see it making a difference to those with mobility issues.

fngoofy

And do you think she ever looked at those photos? NO. Because where would you even go in 2019 to have them developed?! lol.

This is hilarious and I support it!! Where is the petition?

Ugh. After waiting in line for forever for Frozen when it first opened someone in our boat took a flash photo every ten feet during the ride. I was fuming mad. Finally my husband yelled "STOP DOING THAT" and they did lol. And it's always the adults! Kids may always be on their phones but at least they know how to use them properly :hilarious:

Glad others feel the same way. I would rather live in the moment than have a poor quality photo that I'll never look at again and irritate everyone around me.

You know what WDW should do? Back in the day (prior to digital photography, when people would do slides of their photos) WDW sold slide packs in the gift shops. They sold a strip of 6 slides for either areas (like Adventureland or Liberty Square) or for individual rides like HM or PotC.

These slide packs had professionally taken pictures, with perfect lighting and well composed shots. In this day of digital photography it would be even easier. Sell a USB memory stick that has professional pics of the rides and areas (also, add it to the Photo Pass option.) The USB stick can be a themed souvenir that can be reused once you take the photos off of it.
Then market it and in the process drive home NO FLASH, LIGHTING, OR DEVICES ON RIDES, UNDER PENALTY OF EXPULSION!

Just thought, can you imagine how many people will be taking pics during Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?
OMG, it will be impossible for people not to be flashing while they move through a Star Destroyer, or have Walkers shooting at them. What a buzz kill to be immersed in the story, only to have flash photos going off non stop.

Fable McCloud

You know what WDW should do? Back in the day (prior to digital photography, when people would do slides of their photos) WDW sold slide packs in the gift shops. They sold a strip of 6 slides for either areas (like Adventureland or Liberty Square) or for individual rides like HM or PotC.

These slide packs had professionally taken pictures, with perfect lighting and well composed shots. In this day of digital photography it would be even easier. Sell a USB memory stick that has professional pics of the rides and areas (also, add it to the Photo Pass option.) The USB stick can be a themed souvenir that can be reused once you take the photos off of it.
Then market it and in the process drive home NO FLASH, LIGHTING, OR DEVICES ON RIDES, UNDER PENALTY OF EXPULSION!

Just thought, can you imagine how many people will be taking pics during Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?
OMG, it will be impossible for people not to be flashing while they move through a Star Destroyer, or have Walkers shooting at them. What a buzz kill to be immersed in the story, only to have flash photos going off non stop.

I have to wonder how difficult to enforce that would be. Could you imagined if the ride stopped every time someone took a flash picture? I don't think anyone would have an uninterrupted ride at that point.

Most of the dark rides say some form of "no flash pictures" (PoTC and HM for sure do) but they aren't loud enough to be heard over people talking, loading noises, etc. There should be a louder spiel and it should be in more than just English/Spanish. WDW has so many international guests, there should be more signage in the load zones to help enforce those sort of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom