So who's going to be there in July?

Jimdalva

QUOTE- Isn't that resort going to be open from June 22? I don't know if it is for DVC-bookings only. If not, they would have no reason to contact you unless you booked tickets and dining in the parks too. Or am I missing something?

I do not have a DVC reservation. The way I read it 'Resorts open July 11.' I have no desire to stay without the parks. Also I have FP in parks that will not be open. Im hoping Disney contacts me and moves my dates without additional cost (prices have gone UP) and throws in Free Dining. A guy can hope!

surfsupdon

We will not be there, @durangojim , because our reservations were over the 4th at the BoardWalk. But I tell you, we had every intention on going.

Because we were cancelled, we did book a short 3 night trip at Universal for the end of June after school lets out. Like you said, we just really need that vacation. Hope yours is great, too!

crawale

That is pretty much my situation. Thankfully I didn't have reservations at DHS and EP for July 8-10, but I do have FPs already lined up and dining reservations in different park each day.
Are your dining reservations in the same park as your fast passes each day? I have asked what if they are in separate parks - no reply yet.

durangojim

Original Poster
We will not be there, @durangojim , because our reservations were over the 4th at the BoardWalk. But I tell you, we had every intention on going.

Because we were cancelled, we did book a short 3 night trip at Universal for the end of June after school lets out. Like you said, we just really need that vacation. Hope yours is great, too!
Sounds fun! Hope you have a great time too!

crawale

You couldn’t PAY me to go in July for one reason the heat but now there’s an added reason - masks. I’m not opposed to masks but the combo of sweltering heat AND masks? NO THANK YOU. 👎🏻
Don't forget the humidity which will cause your mask to become a sweaty mess.

Hcalvert

Are your dining reservations in the same park as your fast passes each day? I have asked what if they are in separate parks - no reply yet.
Some are, some are at resorts, and some are not. I really hope my dining reservations don't get cancelled as I have some that are hard to get.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We will be there July 19-29. First 6 nights offsite and last 3 at Old Key West. AP holders, but this is first trip on new AP. Some kind of in-park reservations almost every day (photo session at MK, Harambe Nights dinner event at AK, Keys to the Kingdom, meals) so expecting that to lock us into those parks each day, but we shall see!

Mikey73181

I am supposed to go July 21-26, then we were gonna fly to California for me and my boys first time to Disneyland. I’ve been to WDW plenty of times and part of me thinks it might be slow and a nice relaxing time not being wall to wall people. The only problem I know I’m gonna have is how bad I sweat. Last summer I would be a drenched mess before lunch, if not sooner. Add a mask to that mess and I’m not so sure.

Also, since this trip was really made as an extra to my Disneyland trip, and since we haven’t got a date yet for it to open, part of me says save all the money and try again next year. If Disneyland DID open around the same time, do I want my first (and possibly only) trip to DL being “watered” down.

I was really hoping things would open up before I had to make my decision, not a week before, so I could see how things were gonna work for other people.

WillAustin

They are canceling all dining reservations from May 28th through September 26th. Anyone who had a reservation will get priority to rebook when they reopen the reservation system with reduced capacity. Any dining reservations inside a park will require park reservations too.

We have a trip scheduled for 7/13. Still planning on being there so far.

the_rich

I am supposed to go July 21-26, then we were gonna fly to California for me and my boys first time to Disneyland. I’ve been to WDW plenty of times and part of me thinks it might be slow and a nice relaxing time not being wall to wall people. The only problem I know I’m gonna have is how bad I sweat. Last summer I would be a drenched mess before lunch, if not sooner. Add a mask to that mess and I’m not so sure.

Also, since this trip was really made as an extra to my Disneyland trip, and since we haven’t got a date yet for it to open, part of me says save all the money and try again next year. If Disneyland DID open around the same time, do I want my first (and possibly only) trip to DL being “watered” down.

I was really hoping things would open up before I had to make my decision, not a week before, so I could see how things were gonna work for other people.
I finally went to dl for the first time in 2018. It is totally different from wdw. I love both of them. But dl is definitely a more laid back experience. Plus there really isn't much travel once you're there. I would wait till its back to normal since you've never been.

WoodyNBuzz

July 10-17 at Art of Animation. Have to modify a little bit but will stay as the DoubleTree in Disney Springs on the 10th and then enjoy the remaining time at AoA.

Dog Ate Mouse

Not planning to go on vacation this year. I am planning to do WDW in 2021. Just way to much going on and I had COVID19 and almost was not here to ever see WDW again. So, I am going to let things settle down and hopefully we will all be back to normal instead of face masks and so on.

Red Wench

Not going to be there in July, but I want to wish everyone who goes to have the most magically time they possibly can have. It certainly will be a different experience for you all and something to talk about.

I will not be going until the end of the year into the beginning of 2021.

Nottamus

We had two 2020 trips planned, cancelled both.
one was April, really cancelled FOR us
We just cancelled 2 week trip in November because of situation. We will return in 2021 April

July will be great for people to get back to Disney to experience what they missed..But not for us.

wish all the best and hopefully we are heading in the right direction so we can all get back to what we love!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom