So when are they going to replace Kim Possible with Perry the Platypus?

durangojim

Original Poster
I have no way of knowing if this will happen, but I don't think that Kim Possible is even still on TV, yet Phineas and Pherb is a great show and quite popular. Seems like it might make some sense to replace the theming of the EPCOT quest game with something related to that show.

RunnerEd

Considering when they implemented the Kim Possible attraction, they will probably change it to Perry about 3 months before the show goes off the air.:shrug:

Bravo 229

I'd rather see them create a World Showcase adventure tour that you have to look for clues and solve puzzles based on things you see/hear/do in the pavilions. Give everyone a "GPS" phone with instructions in a similar fashion to the KPtour, but it wouldn't be cartoony. It would enhance the learning experience, be great exercise, and would be a perfect way to increase traffic in pavilions that most people would just walk through.

raven

KP already has the world travel theme and GPS navigation deeply sew into it. That's why it was a good choice to use for this feature. Plus the use of a Disney Channel show helps to generate more interest in the network and merchandising. It's actually a wise choice for the company if you look at it that way.

redkoala245

Kim Possible is not on TV anymore…
It would be great if it was Phineas and Ferb, since it is a show that is currently running and it is pretty popular. I think they would do well…

ToTBellHop

Since when does Disney only create attractions for currently-active properties. Good attractions are popular regardless of whether or not people are aware of the source material (see Splash Mountain). From my observations, KPWSA is very popular--I always see tons of families playing.

Speaking of Kim Possible...how does Disney feel about the voice of Kim Possible and former star of Even Stevens appearing nude in a direct to DVD movie sequel?

bhg469

Since when does Disney only create attractions for currently-active properties. Good attractions are popular regardless of whether or not people are aware of the source material (see Splash Mountain). From my observations, KPWSA is very popular--I always see tons of families playing.

Tried it for the first time last week. was never a fan of the show or anything but we had an amazing time playing it. I would not change a thing if i were Disney. I would add more to the attraction if I could.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Our family is huge Phineas and Ferb fans. Every day. At least 2 episodes. Usually more. Today, I found myself watching it when my DD wasn't even home.

That being said, I sincerely hope they do not change the KP adventures. While KP is obviously bringing a 'cartoony' element to WS, I think it is a much better fit that Dr. Doofenshmirtz would be. And, believe it or not, you do learn some things about the countries/cultures while you are playing the KP games.

No, Kim is not on Disney Channel any more. Not even in reruns. About 4 months ago, they stopped showing it at 2-3am. We had been Tivo'ing it, because DD loved to watch it ever since she did the adventures.

I would love to see some P+F presence in the parks, but I don't think WS is the place for it. I would much rather see some kind of Phineas and Ferb "I know what we're going to do today" interactive game/activity in Innoventions.

That would take forever to change it. If you haven't played it then maybe that is why you would think this was a good idea. They would have to change A.A.'s, change voice overs, so on and so forth. I love it the way it is. Every pavilion in WS should have one. It is also very sad that KP is no longer on TV. I have to admit that I own the Sitch in Time DVD and Im 22 so yea :cool:

That being said.....

I love Perry the Platypus! I totally thing he needs some kind of park presence. I could see F&P in Innoventions. I totally think that they should take sounds dangerous out at the Studios and put a Perry the Platypus movie in there. How awesome would that be!? :D

While I have never done the Kim Possible adventure, and I have to say I probably won't...I know my whole family would jump right on the Perry adventure! Even if just to hear his Platypus noise in cheer when you complete it! It would be so fun!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I have never done the Kim Possible adventure, and I have to say I probably won't...I know my whole family would jump right on the Perry adventure! Even if just to hear his Platypus noise in cheer when you complete it! It would be so fun!
Give it a shot. I was never a fan of the KP show, I do not think I ever intentionally watched an episode, but the KP adventure is very well done.

Pioneer Hall

You should give it a shot. Being the person I am, I made it a point to do all of the storylines. While it is kid oriented, there were a lot of fun and definitely trigger some fun things in the pavilions.

You should give it a shot. Being the person I am, I made it a point to do all of the storylines. While it is kid oriented, there were a lot of fun and definitely trigger some fun things in the pavilions.

Ok, you have me thinking more about it now :animwink: My littles are 3 and 5 - think they would be interested in it or should we wait? (We go to WDW at least once or twice a year, so we know we'll be back soon enough to try if not this next trip!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom