So, What's the Next Big Attraction?

DisneyWales

But the plans for Mt Fuji were to basically recreate the matterhorn, with a more Japanese look and feel. Im not stating my opinion, im just regurgitation what has ben mentioned on this site before.

Im not fussed either-way, im one of thoese optimist who's grateful for anyride that makes it off the drawing board.

However my feelings now is that the "Canada Mountain" stands more chance of getting built now, than a Mt Fuji Coaster ever will.

KingdomHeart

However my feelings now is that the "Canada Mountain" stands more chance of getting built now, than a Mt Fuji Coaster ever will.
Canada Mountain? That's exciting sounding. I think I will search the forums for more on that!

And side note - I love how Disney does what Disney does so well. World Showcase has the countries of the world, Animal Kingdom has the continents - it's just so damn cool how they do it.
-Nick

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would love to see a Villians roller coaster. I think that would be a great addition.

I don't think a villains ROLLER COASTER will come to the Pooh's Playground area. I think what the Magic Kingdom needs to focus on now is rides that a family can share together, and anything in Fantasyland needs to be more family-friendly than a purely thrill ride. I would like to see a hybrid light-coaster, dark ride concept featuring the villains, or a flume ride that was previously mentioned here, or SOMETHING featuring the villains in this area, but I don't think purely thrills are the way to go.

chipanddalefan5

Don`t get too excited though...
Do a thread search for "Canada raft ride" etc...
But again don`t get too excited.

yea, i heard the canada mountain water ride was originally to be based on the movie brother bear and was supposed to be a log flume ride, i heard that from a previous post if i'm not mistaken, i still love the idea of the villian land and villian water ride using the land behind poohs treehouse( and hopefully the land of pooh's treehouse, :lol: ). i really think another water ride would be nice, in my opinion that's like the best ride to go on in disney during the summer time, i mean take splash mountains line in the summer, that in itself is proof:lol: .

chipanddalefan5

i really do want to know wat is the upcoming attraction going to be in the future, after toy story mania of course, whats everybodys opinion on wat park they should have an additional ride added to?

Austin1

So...I know people who work in the Magic Kingdom and their managers have been talking about a 5th park. I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Unfortunately, I didn't sound that great...Kinda like DCA or something.

primetime52

So...I know people who work in the Magic Kingdom and their managers have been talking about a 5th park. I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Unfortunately, I didn't sound that great...Kinda like DCA or something.

It would seem ridiculous to open a 5th park any time soon (like before 2020 or so). However, if you examine history, it might not be so crazy to assume that another park is in the works.

Take a look at how history has gone so far for WDW.
Magic Kingdom opens in 1971.
Epcot opens in 1982, only 11 years later.
MGM opens in 1989. That's only a 7 year gap between parks.
Animal Kingdom opens in 1998, less than a decade after MGM.

It's now been 9 years since AK opened, so I'm not very surprised to hear a few minor rumors about a possible 5th gate.

Personally, I wouldn't want them to open a 5th gate any time soon. At least give it 10 years or so. I would prefer seeinig a few new e-tickets in the existing parks, and would love to see MGM and AK become full day parks.

primetime52

Here's what I've heard but just remember these are all RUMORS so take it with a grain of salt.

MK-SM refurb, something on the pooh playground or around PoTC
Epcot-Alot of different things all over the WS, and alot of different ideas to replace WoL
MGM-I was hearing the Monsters Inc ride from DCA coming to the SD/ABC theater but if it did come it would probably not be there since they are creating the whole Pixar area now.
AK-If you go look on Google Earth and look at AK you will see a HUGE cleared area between Rafiki and Asia and there have been some rumors about it beoming an Australia area. Also Camp Miney-Mickey becoming a North America area or a due I say it:lookaroun Beastly Kingdom:D (hey we can all dream)

Just remember these are all RUMORS so take it with a grain of salt.

Just a warning, always take anything you view on google earth with a grain of salt. It's very common for the satellite images seen on google earth to be 2 or 3 years old. I'm not sure when the WDW area images were last updated.

Fried Chicken

Personally, I wouldn't want them to open a 5th gate any time soon. At least give it 10 years or so. I would prefer seeinig a few new e-tickets in the existing parks, and would love to see MGM and AK become full day parks.
They can't even maintain the Magic Kingdom to even a half-assed standard. A fifth park would take even less maintenance (if the Magic Kingdom had any to begin with) away from the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom