So what's good at La Hacienda?

ginnyfavers

Original Poster
I'm having a big group dinner at La Hacienda in just a couple of weeks :sohappy: and I'm looking for suggestions as to what to order? Sit down dinner menu. I realize it's expensive, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

How are the "handmade corn tortillas" -- anything special? What about the flour tortillas, are those made in house or commercially baked and trucked in?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We ate there shortly after it opened. Everything is freshly made, the quality is quite good but the portions are a bit on the light side. The good thing about the light portions is you will have room for dessert which is quite good. My friend and I split the La Hacienda and my wife had the Botana. Everything was fresh great flavors and just the right amount of heat. I like spicy food and even the hottest things fell on the mild to medium side for me but I could see where it would be too spicy for some. If you are not a fan of spicy food you will want to inquire about it prior to ordering. For dessert we tried the entire dessert menu and I can not say a bad thing about anything we had.

FLGal

I ate there shortly before opening and had a sampling of various offerings.
Whatever appeals to you will rely on personal taste. (No pun intended.)
One of the items I had was the Botana. (Sampling: chicken tostado, marinated pork, and cheese empanada)
The cheese empanada was my favorite of all I had. However I am a cheese lover.
The shells, etc were all freshly made.
For dessert we were given Tamal de Dulce (sweet tamal filled with guava, topped with strawberry coulis). That was my least favorite. But maybe since they were serving on such a grand scale it was just rushed through.:shrug: I had no sign of guava in mine, unless the guava is mixed within the batter. It was "okay". I just would not order it.
Definitely worth a try. And I do not see you walking away disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom