So, what really happens when the park is shut.

civileng68

Account Suspended
painting

they did in fact used to paint every night. They cut back by contracting outside work instead of using a strictly Disney crew like they used to. It is a cutback.

I know for a fact they used to do this and it was also documented on the travel channel. In fact, another program on the travel channel about Universal Studios showed that they STILL paint every night, to this very day.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
funny...

I've spent many a night within the parks due to a late shift and have NEVER once seen a painter touching anything up. I've seen them paint, but this is a repaint and not the nightly touchups

Shaman

Originally posted by mkt
funny...

I've spent many a night within the parks due to a late shift and have NEVER once seen a painter touching anything up. I've seen them paint, but this is a repaint and not the nightly touchups

:eek:

How about replanting? They must replant....if not...how is it that the flowers almost never look dead....

:lookaroun

mkt

Premium Member
every plant in WDW has a double...

not to mention 3 towns up from WDW, in Apopka, every other business seems to be a tree nursery.

Disney's covered

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by joeyjoe92979
Hey Rob tell them about the parade rehersals during the night, im to lazy to type today, they will prolly get a kick out of that story

walking back to the parking lot from MK after rehearsals cause Disney didn't anticipate the demand for the parade...

LOADS of fun..

mkt

Premium Member
it looked like a working class woodstock. Thousands of CM's walking together in a show of solidarity... "DISNEY NEEDED MORE BUSSES THAT NIGHT!"

mkt

Premium Member
Ursus Albertus Maximus was accused of doing something he didn't do, due to a misunderstanding, but due to the lack of understanding on WDW Managements part, Ursus Albertus Maximus was told to skedaddle to Universal

xfkirsten

Originally posted by mkt
it looked like a working class woodstock. Thousands of CM's walking together in a show of solidarity... "DISNEY NEEDED MORE BUSSES THAT NIGHT!"

LOL! They ALWAYS need more buses at the end of the night. I can't tell ya how many times I had to wait several bus trips just to get on!

-Kirsten

mkt

Premium Member
whats REALLY sad it, the times I've walked, I've actually gotten there with or before the bus

xfkirsten

Ya know I was just thinkin the same thing, because if ya really think about it... its not all the far to MK CM parking, over the river and through the four-way we go!!

It never really crossed my mind to walk! :lol: But it really isn't that far. And I'm sure during/after Wishes it would be MUCH faster.

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

Sorry Kirsten I spelt your name wrong, didnt mean to hun, sorry bout that.:hammer:

Sorry, thought you were talking about the Main MK CM parking lot (by Disney U). :hammer:

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

Now I feel really stupid, I thought you were talkin bout the MK guest parking lot, anyway sorry for the mistake Kirsten but you are right thats the one we are talkin bout.:hammer:

No problem, it's okay! :lol:

-Kirsten

Shaman

Originally posted by mkt
every plant in WDW has a double...

not to mention 3 towns up from WDW, in Apopka, every other business seems to be a tree nursery.

Disney's covered

great to know....reminds me though.... sometimes in the winter they slack off and leave some areas without plants...some look deader than dead...I guess its the weather...

:lookaroun

CTXRover

For those who think that all that goes on at night now is simple sweeping vs what they did back in the 80's, I encourage you to take a look at this video/news story from WESH news, first posted back in November of 2003. I'm pretty sure that it was posted here back then, but luckily the video is still there on their site for you to view. As you can clearly see, a lot still goes on every night when the park closes (at least at the Magic Kingdom), including painting every night with large lifts. In fact, they make a joke when several "cherry pickers" come down Main Street as being the night parade when the park is closed. Enjoy :D

However, this doesn't mean that what they do now is at the same level or not as back in the 80's,..having never been in the park at night during these times I will never know for sure, but it doesn't seem to me that it is just simple cleaning that goes on at night.

Matterbuggy

Well if ya look at that video...and ya see the part where the castle lights change color...thats my department. WOO HOO GO TECHIES

Awesome! That was very cool when they turned them on.. I couldn't stop looking at them!

se8472

Glad ya liked Matt, makes ya feel good when ya spend many long nights workin on them

Dude I love them lights too...Me and my friend call it when the castle dances and stuff during wishes and right before spetro when it cast shadows on itself with the white lights. That rocks so much. Its funny because everyone is trying to look down main street to see the perade and I am looking at the other way to watch the castle

And the 3 diffrent shades of blue during winter was so sweet

Hats of to ya man. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom