So, what really happens when the park is shut.

Lee L

When my wife and I got married at WDW in 1999, we had a photo shoot in the MK the next day. We had to get up at like 4:15 to be ready by 6:00. The Disney Photographer picked us up at the hotel at 6:15 and we drove over to the MK, right behind Space mountian and onto Main Street, parked on the loop and started taking pictures. Pretty cool to sit there and wait for the Castle colors to cycle through.

The maintenance crew was still out and we have all these beautiful pictures of us in the deserted park. Of course people who see the pictures don't realize that right outside the frame in one was a a guy trimming bushes and topiary beside the ramp up to Cinderella Castle. When we were on the Carousel, there was a guy right beside us with the largest power washer I'd ever seen spraying down the concrete. We could barely hear the photographer tell us to turn or kiss.

Another thing they do early in the morning is spray for mosquitos and it smells horrible. Definitely not something I would recommend at 6:30 AM hung over from your wedding reception. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Overnight CMs

I just want to say a BIG thank you to any CMs here who actually do this work to make the park what it is the following day. When i`ve been saving for years to visit it makes it all worth while (I hope!) to see the results of your overnight work.

Martin, UK.

McArcDes

Having had the great fortune to be in the Magic Kingdom at 7:00 am on morning I agree that is a much different but no less enjoyable experience. Yet strange seeing trucks parked in Liberty square and guys shingeling (sp) one of the roofs there....unfortunatly I only got to do it once. Cudos to all of the CMs that keep the parks up and running.

On another note, I have a book called "One day at Disney" that follows all the parks world wide through one day of operations and includes the night time work done to keep the parks up and running.

barnum42

Originally posted by McArcDes
On another note, I have a book called "One day at Disney" that follows all the parks world wide through one day of operations and includes the night time work done to keep the parks up and running.

I have the book too. It's brilliant.

Yen_Sid1

Also you wouldn't believe how many people(CM's) are waiting for the park to be clear so they can drive vehicles in the park and start doing their work. Sometimes it takes a long time. If there is only one family left in the park, it still isn't clear and if they take a extra long time to eat or shop. Everybody has to wait for them to exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom