So, what really happens when the park is shut.

djmatthews

Original Poster
Here are some pictures from (I beleive) the late 80's of Main Street at around 8.00am before the park opened.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 795

xfkirsten

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Gotta love forced perspective. Could have been September 11, 2003, at park close we had a 4 figure number in the park.

It was like that Sept 11 2002. I was supposed to work Glow merch that night... got there and they sent me home right off the bat. I stuck around and played in the park with some friends. No lines for anything. We stayed in out seats on Big Thunder and splas til we got sick of them, and only had to get off Space to run around to the load area. But I think I recall someone telling me we never broke 10,000.

-Kirsten

HorizonsMan

i know yall hate to hear this but that doesnt happen anymore, due to cut backs, the only times when it really gets paint like that is when it gets really bad, well at least at epcot thats the case, at night the only thing that goes on is the cleaning of the pavilions and the streets and of course the kitchens and rstaraunts, thats about it.

AndyP

Originally posted by HorizonsMan
i know yall hate to hear this but that doesnt happen anymore, due to cut backs, the only times when it really gets paint like that is when it gets really bad, well at least at epcot thats the case, at night the only thing that goes on is the cleaning of the pavilions and the streets and of course the kitchens and rstaraunts, thats about it.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm sure this isn't painting they do every morning, and just scheduled work like at all the parks. Well, as far as I'm aware, anyone? (Or did they always have people painting at this time ?)

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by AndyPretty
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm sure this isn't painting they do every morning, and just scheduled work like at all the parks. Well, as far as I'm aware, anyone? (Or did they always have people painting at this time ?)

I read in some tour guide book, that they used to do something like that every morning. I may be wrong.. so don't trust me on that.

bartman454

Being a seasonal CM at the studios i have to say that the parks after they close is relatively dull. Mostly what goes on is strictly cleaning. The only repairs that get done are those which absolutely MUST be done for the next day of Operation. I'll admit though its always pretty cool walking down the streets when the park is empty:cool:

jodez21

Originally posted by Matterbuggy
Don't we all wish Disney could be that uncrowded all days.. *drools*

as unbelievable as that would b, i wouldnt want it every single day with nobody there, cause all the people there smiling and laughin and every1 havin a good time, just kinda puts u in a good mood, makes ya think that everything is right in the world! and it adds to the magic! but a few days uncrowded would b godsent!!!

Atta83

Its sometimes a cool but sometimes freaky feeling walking through the park or parks after everyone has left or before it opens. But then again you do feel liek you have the hwole park to yourself..
Atta

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by jodez21
as unbelievable as that would b, i wouldnt want it every single day with nobody there, cause all the people there smiling and laughin and every1 havin a good time, just kinda puts u in a good mood, makes ya think that everything is right in the world! and it adds to the magic! but a few days uncrowded would b godsent!!!

That's true.. I do like watching people there. So.. I suppose you're right. But a few days can't hurt.. :lol:

jodez21

Originally posted by Matterbuggy
That's true.. I do like watching people there. So.. I suppose you're right. But a few days can't hurt.. :lol:

oh man a few days would b UNBELIEVABLE!! mayb even longer, itd be really a different experience!!! as long as u have friends with u, and cm's, cause imagin it all by yourself, and no cm's or anything!! creepy!!!:lookaroun :lol:

aim

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
They used to paint every day...when the Company was respecting the parks...now we have Eisner...thanks Michael, the 8th dwarf - Greedy

:zipit:

MKCustodial

During my time in the International Program, I had the chance to be part of the MK "opening" Custodial crew. There's NOTHING like the Magic Kingdom at 7 AM. The streets, still wet because of all the 3rd Shift work, glistening on the sun, a few touches here and there actually being made by maintenance. The peace and quiet, the cold, soundtrack playing so loud it feels like it's all to yourself...

On a related note, Jim Hill is running an article today about the bad state Splash Mountain has been in for the past few months, and he's promising to run a series next week on how Disney can get the public's trust back. Should be interesting, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom