So what merch are you planning on buying at GE?

Zé_Carioca

Thank you. Our droid dates are 9/6 and 9/10, if memory serves. Hubby wants a BB series model, but they don’t look as sturdy as the R series. The heads seem to fall off a lot.

I got both, with the BB-units the head falls off if I crash into something, but it is easy to plop it back on.

The R-unit is easier to control but doesn't move well on carpet, it is also lighter than the bb-unit and easier to turn on and off. The bb unit moves great on carpet, but is harder to control, quite heavy (they need the weight to help with the movement) and you need to open them to turn them on/off. I also find that there was more at the droid depot that you could customize with the R-units.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I got both, with the BB-units the head falls off if I crash into something, but it is easy to plop it back on.

The R-unit is easier to control but doesn't move well on carpet, it is also lighter than the bb-unit and easier to turn on and off. The bb unit moves great on carpet, but is harder to control, quite heavy (they need the weight to help with the movement) and you need to open them to turn them on/off. I also find that there was more at the droid depot that you could customize with the R-units.
Thank you. That is very helpful.

In discussing it yesterday, I think we’ve decided upon one of each. It’s not like we’re going to be playing Smash Up Derby* with them.

* You have to be of a certain age to get the reference, I think. (Sadly, I didn’t even need to look this up ... “Come on little buggum, you can get it done. Smash, bang, crack ‘em up. Smash Up Derby is fun”.)

Jobacca

Thought I'd weigh in here....oddly enough,the merch I'm most impressed with is the home-decor type stuff. The in-universe statues and busts look really nice and would make for some very low-key subtle nerd decorations in an office. I will also be getting a lightsaber and all the holocrons and crystals I can buy. And I definitely want the park-exclusive Black Series figures of Rex and Hondo. I still am not really impressed by the droids,though. They're just...ok. Maybe if they had a wider line of Legacy Droids you could buy? Like maybe some of the obscure droids from the comics or cartoons? I already have giant automated BB-8's and R2's that look nicer than these....if I'm going to shell out $100 I want to get something I cant get anywhere else,and the concept of just mixing and matching R2 and BB8 colors just doesnt seem that interesting.

Tony the Tigger

Thought I'd weigh in here....oddly enough,the merch I'm most impressed with is the home-decor type stuff. The in-universe statues and busts look really nice and would make for some very low-key subtle nerd decorations in an office. I will also be getting a lightsaber and all the holocrons and crystals I can buy. And I definitely want the park-exclusive Black Series figures of Rex and Hondo. I still am not really impressed by the droids,though. They're just...ok. Maybe if they had a wider line of Legacy Droids you could buy? Like maybe some of the obscure droids from the comics or cartoons? I already have giant automated BB-8's and R2's that look nicer than these....if I'm going to shell out $100 I want to get something I cant get anywhere else,and the concept of just mixing and matching R2 and BB8 colors just doesnt seem that interesting.

R5-D4!

raymusiccity

For me it’s Ahsoka’s sabers, a couple of Savi’s sabers for the kids, the holocrons, a Batuuan Spira, kyber crystals, opening day t shirts, and maybe some Thrawn stuff if it looks cool. What about you?
Probably two or three $6.00 cans of Coke :)
20190813_143941.jpg

Last edited:

durangojim

Original Poster
I’m kind of surprised there’s no chopper to buy, or other more obscure droids. Where’s a remote controlled mouse droid or a gonk droid?

Zé_Carioca

In the store :rolleyes:

Yikes! To me it sounds like a malfunction, I don't know when you will be back but when you can i'd show a CM at the droid depot to have it looked at. I've had mine for over a week and use him daily and that has never happened and from logistics it shouldn't since the top half and the bottom half are supposed to lock in place which is why you have to twist them to open and close. I am sorry that is happening to yours.

Texas84

Thought about a droid but didn't. Got a passholder opening t-shirt and pin. Also got the three bombs and the water bottle. If the Falcon CMs saw the bomb they would have fun with it. "Is that a bomb? I didn't see anything."

po1998

Is the plan to let little entitled Jimmy run amok through SWGE and the rest of DHS recklessly swinging his lightsaber in every direction for hours on end?

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

Is the plan to let little entitled Jimmy run amok through SWGE and the rest of DHS recklessly swinging his lightsaber in every direction for hours on end?

Yes, that's the goal.. I'd stay away if I were you. Those little deviants will run right up to you and crack your knees open with their lightsabers, pointing at you and chiding you for being too poor to afford one.

AEfx

Not much. Honestly haven’t been terribly impressed with what I have seen.

I’m not really a saber person, so none of those tempt me for the price.

I was super excited about the Kowakian puppets but seeing them in action, I think they look too plastic-y and toyish for my tastes (the replica of Salacious they did a few years back was much neater and cheaper).

I will probably get a droid - though again, for the price, there are better droids out there for sale already.

Seeing the other stuff, I am kind of interested in the holocrons now - though I probably would skip the blind crystal thing and just buy the ones I want after.

matt9112

I’m kind of surprised there’s no chopper to buy, or other more obscure droids. Where’s a remote controlled mouse droid or a gonk droid?

your not the demographic there looking for. They need to push these cute droids that everyone goes gaga over.

disneyC97

I bought the deluxe BB-8 droid that came out when TLJ opened. He’s about 17” high not including antennas. I assume it’s better quality/a step up from the Droid Depot droids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom