So what has changed in the last 5 years?

DJ7203

Original Poster
Here is a questions for all the Disney experts......I would say it's been a good 5 years wince I have been to WDW. What has changed since then? What are some not to be missed attractions that my family needs to check out? I really want to make the most out of our trip.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Depending on the age range:
MK-Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Seven Dwarfs mine train (New Fantasyland)
Big thunder Mountain

Epcot-
Soarin
Test Track (updated in 2012)

Animal Kingdom-
EXPEDITON EVEREST (the yeti is not the best but does it really matter?)

Hollywood Studios (still MGM to me)-
Tower of Terror
Toy story Midway Mania
Star Tours(updated in 2011)
Rockin Roller Coaster

Also, in Magic Kingdom try not to miss Be our Guest:D

These are just what we like to do, it's really up to you

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a questions for all the Disney experts......I would say it's been a good 5 years wince I have been to WDW. What has changed since then? What are some not to be missed attractions that my family needs to check out? I really want to make the most out of our trip.

Changed:

MK:

-Fantasyland Expansion (Little Mermaid ride, Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, Be Our Guest Resturant, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Princess Fairytale Hall, Storybook Circus)
-MK New daytime parade

Epcot

- Updated Test Track
- New restaurants in Mexico, Morocco and Italy.

DHS

- Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Updates Star Tours

AK

- New Festival of the Lion King theater and surrounding area (although the show is basically the same)

Downtown Disney:

- Lots of changes most of which are still a work in progress.

I am probably forgetting some things.

We just got back a few weeks ago and honestly I felt lost in the new fastanyland section at MK and we had just been last year in march! Oh how things had changed!! It's beautiful!! You will def need time to just look at all of the new features & magical touches.

rob0519

The prices have increased significantly over 5 years and the crowds at MK are much worse. Be prepared and have a great time.

hull327

img_1454-l.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In the last 5 years maybe it hasn't changed @Tom . But, it has in the last 10 years at least. There were never any large tour groups like that when I was growing up in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.;)
I do remember groups even in the 70's ...because I went with a group . I also remember getting group passes that hung on lanyards while normal guests were still using the "A"-"E" ticket books.

I think the large tour groups actually started in the 80's and got bad in the 90's.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Pretty much nailed the noticeable once.. So here's the minor details that may seem pretty important!

MK -
The Haunted Mansion: New Hitchhiking ghosts and interactive queue line
Country Bear Jamboree: show shortened, refurbed, and the bears have new costumes.
TTA & Astro Orbiter: Currently being refurbed/repainted
Original Enchanted Tiki Room re-opened

EPCOT -
Habit Heroes added to Innoventions
Sum of all Thrills opened (5 year range, right? Just barely cx)

Hollywood Studios -
Frozen movie themed ice skating
Frozen themed stage show
Frozen themed fireworks
FREAKIN FROZEN. THATS FREAKIN IT. NO FREAKIN ANYTHING ELSE.

Animal Kingdom -
Camp Minnie-Mickey closed to be replaced with Avatarland (opening a few years later)

JIMINYCR

They've covered the rides so I have nothing to add regarding those.... We had a 4 year Disney drought when our DS was in High School and it was murder. The only good thing about waiting so long between trips was when we did go back there were new things to do. We had time to save more for the trip so we did extra fun things. Check out the new menus for new things you might like, watch ride videos so you can target attractions you want to FP, and get a new Disney travel guide to read up on whats changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom