So uh.. What Now For Disneyland Resort?

Phroobar

5c704e1b0f31115a1284395f98a95067f79dffc0d9cbfc9376fccfebdca123d3.jpg

Rich T

I mean technically yes, and Dollywood is a beautiful park mainly because of its surroundings, but to compare Dollywoods level of theming, landscaping, rockwork, path work etc to Disney's is just... cmon now.
Yes, but in this case we're talking about retheming and moving one simple kiddie ride, not building Grizzly Flats or even Toy Story Land. I think it's a fair comparison/criticism this time

Miru

It's better than Pixar Pier, & Hollywood Land. Equal to Grizzly Flats and Fisherman's Wharf. The natural beauty of the area adds a lot.
Yeah, Pixar looks almost as cheap as 1.0. Even 2.0 had many shortcomings. The Incredicoaster would have worked better enclosed. Make it look more inviting and organic, like a pier!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The Incredicoaster would have worked better enclosed. Make it look more inviting and organic, like a pier!
Totally! They should have enclosed it like the coaster in Santa Cruz.

Oh wait.....that can't be right.....let's try Santa Monica.

That's not right either. I suppose you're looking for California Adventure's pier to not look like a pier in California. My bad.

Miru

Totally! They should have enclosed it like the coaster in Santa Cruz.

View attachment 419779

Oh wait.....that can't be right.....let's try Santa Monica.

View attachment 419781

That's not right either. I suppose you're looking for California Adventure's pier to not look like a pier in California. My bad.
As in, a beachside natural rock formation, not a coaster.

And perhaps looking like Nomanisan from the movie. The main purpose is to allow the show scenes to work better.

Though, I think GSS might need enclosure more than Incredicoaster.

Miru

Honestly they should've kept Paradise pier as Paradise Pier and not shoehorned some IP garbage that makes zero sense and looks reminiscent of something from RCT2.

Paradise Pier 2.0 was easily the best version. Hopefully we’ll be able to find a way to balance the IP everywhere with the romantic design of 2.0. At least we have Paradise Park... but then again it does still have GSS and its lack of enclosure.

alias8703

It's better than Pixar Pier, & Hollywood Land. Equal to Grizzly Airfield and Fisherman's Wharf. The natural beauty of the area adds a lot.

Again, we're not talking natural beauty. The smokey mountains and the surroundings of Dollywood are beautiful. But we're talking strictly man made environments, so again, no.

Dollywood is a lovely park, this is nothing against Dollywood, but to compare it's theming to Disney level is just plain wrong.

dollywood-wildwood-grove-hidden-hollow-e1557551298929.jpg
IMG_6556.jpg
Wildwood-tree.jpg
Wildwood-Grove-Entrance-Sign.jpg

Honestly they should've kept Paradise pier as a parking lot.

Comments like these are so obnoxious and useless. If you hate Disney so much and would rather have it be a parking lot than what it is, why are you here?

Rich T

Again, we're not talking natural beauty. The smokey mountains and the surroundings of Dollywood are beautiful. But we're talking strictly man made environments, so again, no.

Dollywood is a lovely park, this is nothing against Dollywood, but to compare it's theming to Disney level is just plain wrong.

View attachment 419926View attachment 419927View attachment 419928View attachment 419929

Comments like these are so obnoxious and useless. If you hate Disney so much and would rather have it be a parking lot than what it is, why are you here?
Point taken, but I prefer all those Wildwood Grove shots to anything at Pixar Pier or Hollywood Land. And, remember, this is a land meant to grow green. It'll look spectacular in a couple of years. But, again, I'm mainly joking about Disney's inability to do anything in a timely fashion these days. Dollywood built all this in the time it took Disney to move Flik's Flyers across the park (and the interior of Hidden Hollow is a gigantic themed kid's play area). And don't be too harsh about the parkng lot comment. A LOT of us would rather have the parking lot back (with its classic entry approach to DL instead of entering from the side) than DCA. Doesn't mean we hate Disney. It means we don't like a lot of the recent company decisions.

Phroobar

View attachment 419926View attachment 419927View attachment 419928View attachment 419929

You're new here. I would suggest washing the pixie dust out of your eyes and see how Walt's park has deteriorated over the last twenty years. It saddens me to see what has happen. Dollywood's theming is very good considering the resources they have to work with. It's a beautiful park. It has charm and isn't packed to the gills. Just like Knotts, it's a pleasant place to spend time.

Sometimes other places just do it better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom