So, this is what happens in the Utilidors huh?

Wow, there it is again. I almost forgot about that video until I read the title of this post and I knew exactly what it was about.

Search the forum and you'll find a ton of reading material if your interested in the "history" of this video and some good puns. Quick summary, It made national news and Disney took the appropriate measures... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15242140/

KingdomHeart

I always feel very weird about videos like that. I wanna laugh, but I have trouble. This video, being in the utilidors, bugs me less. But, I hate when any character or CM is acting...uncharacterly or unprofessionally.

Here's my thing - as a former CM, I took my job very seriously. I made sure to (almost) always be as in character as possible (I worked at BTM), and yes, there were times, we couldn't be all "Hey howdy hey!" and our personal lives spill over, etc, but it's a total different thing for it to be wildly unprofessional. Hearing that CMs acted that way just off stage, still visible is upsetting, especially considering anything including parade step-off is still "on stage" in terms of having out a cell phone, being outside of costume, etc. I dunno. Just my opinion. Like, having worked there, I totally appreciate the need for a laugh to make it easier, but in costume, Idk, bugs me.
-Nicholas

Tinkerbella16

That video is just disturbing...and I am glad they are EX-employees!!!

It is kinda funny though because it seems like not one person in the room at that time has a care in the world. They seem to blind of the camera...Didn't anyone think about their jobs being on the line????

mitchk

That was posted on here a while back. I don't know what to say. I'm not offended, but I'm not entertained either. Whatever :)

Phonedave

I always feel very weird about videos like that. I wanna laugh, but I have trouble. This video, being in the utilidors, bugs me less. But, I hate when any character or CM is acting...uncharacterly or unprofessionally.

Here's my thing - as a former CM, I took my job very seriously. I made sure to (almost) always be as in character as possible (I worked at BTM), and yes, there were times, we couldn't be all "Hey howdy hey!" and our personal lives spill over, etc, but it's a total different thing for it to be wildly unprofessional. Hearing that CMs acted that way just off stage, still visible is upsetting, especially considering anything including parade step-off is still "on stage" in terms of having out a cell phone, being outside of costume, etc. I dunno. Just my opinion. Like, having worked there, I totally appreciate the need for a laugh to make it easier, but in costume, Idk, bugs me.
-Nicholas

I agree with you.

I have never worked as a CM, but in every job I have ever had, it was allways, when you are working, no matter where you are or what you are assigned to, you represent the company and you govern yourself as such.

Just my two cents.

-dave

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I agree with you.

I have never worked as a CM, but in every job I have ever had, it was allways, when you are working, no matter where you are or what you are assigned to, you represent the company and you govern yourself as such.

Just my two cents.

-dave

I'm on the same boat. I found that to be a little disturbing. Parents go and let their kids hug these characters and take pictures with them and that is very weird seeing the kind of people behind the masks. I'm glad that was found so they could get the consequences.
At my old job at a theme park whether I was a guest or in my uniform I always acted appropriate. Yeah, we did some stuff while working that shouldn't be done but not like this. I knew what the employees went through everyday and I was proud to work there and I wouldn't go doing that ever if I was a CM.

bigtotoro

That video is just disturbing...and I am glad they are EX-employees!!!

It is kinda funny though because it seems like not one person in the room at that time has a care in the world. They seem to blind of the camera...Didn't anyone think about their jobs being on the line????
Yes, I am certain that they were all terrified that their low paying jobs were at stake. Just as I am certain that they are now deeply repentant for having moved on to a higher paying job that does not require a mouse, chipmunk, or mutant dog costume to be worn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom