so so bummed

docandsix

I hope they all close.

It would be good news, on par with the decision to quit the direct-to-video sequel atrocities. The quality of the merchandise has fallen off dramatically in recent years, and the vibe I get when I walk in the stores is that of a Dollar Store with Disney labels stuck on everything. I am as big a fan of the Disney parks as I know, but I will generally walk right past the store whenever I am visiting the local mall. In my opinion, The Disney Store has been an embarrassment to the brand for a long, long time. It would be better to abandon the project and to focus on quality at a few regional stores in major locations like Manhattan and Chicago's Miracle Mile.

Disney05

Don't know if this is news or not, but I just found out you can buy a Disney gift card at the Disney Store and you can use it at WDW.

mrssparrow

Hershey is a great place and I went there a number of years ago. Does it still smell like chocolate everywhere? :slurp:

Oh my goodness yes! I love that place! we try to go every summer... we're about 2 hours northeast....

I can't wait until this summer to hit the outlet. Our local disney store manager was telling me about it when it opened..... I'm known at our disney store by name....... I guess I'm there a lot
haha

CaptainMichael

For as long as I could remember, I always wished there was a Disney store near my house. Now, they are everywhere, and they unfortunately suck. They have nothing (unless you like Hannah Montana and/or HSM).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
In all honesty, I don't think a Disney Store closing is too bad of a thing. I just dislike them. Hyper-over priced merchendise without the magic of Disney? I just can't feel as great in a mall as I do when I'm actually at the parks.

grunter

It would be good news, on par with the decision to quit the direct-to-video sequel atrocities. The quality of the merchandise has fallen off dramatically in recent years, and the vibe I get when I walk in the stores is that of a Dollar Store with Disney labels stuck on everything. I am as big a fan of the Disney parks as I know, but I will generally walk right past the store whenever I am visiting the local mall. In my opinion, The Disney Store has been an embarrassment to the brand for a long, long time. It would be better to abandon the project and to focus on quality at a few regional stores in major locations like Manhattan and Chicago's Miracle Mile.

Amen.

I can't remember the last time I walked past a Disney store in a mall where the signs out front didn't read 50% of nearly half of the items in the store. Plus, exactly how many bath towels and sand pails do these stores expect to sell? Aside from providing me with a local kiosk to purchase my park tickets, I have zero use for those stores. If they all closed, I wouldn't miss them for a second.

PixieDust2006

Sorry to post this...but I was in Pigeon Forge over the Thanksgiving holiday and the Disney Store had closed at Tanger Outlet Center...I was very unhappy!

k.hunter30

I am so bummed out. My family went to our local mall in Chattanooga, TN today to the Disney Store (needed a disney fix). They are closing on March 9th. This is horrible. That means I will have to travel to Nashville, TN or Pigeon Forge, TN (Disney Outlet Store) which is 2-3 hours away. On the other hand everything in the store was 50% off so I was able to get my daughter some t-shirts for summer for $4.25 and the disney pins were also 1/2 price. What is a disney freak to do?????????:cry::cry::cry:
If you're in the Nashville area, I'll take you to our Disney store. :) :wave:

I was just at a Chattanooga mall in late December (we went there for our anniversary-- we LOVE St. John's restaurant! :slurp: And the Pickle Barrel!) I missed the sale though, because I would have loaded up on Disney pins!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom