So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

sgtmgd

Sorry to hear that Captain, I certainly respect your decision and hope that you will get some of the satisfaction that you're looking for. I hope that you'll continue to post here!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I understand your frustration, but as Monty said, they really won't care whether you're there or not. I know I have written letters, both complaining and complimenting, and basically got the same responses - either we're sorry you feel that way, or we're glad you enjoyed that. As long as they'remaking a sizable profit, they really don't care about you as an individual customer.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.
All deserve? Considering there are quite a few of us that actually still enjoy the product that Disney offers for purchase, you might want to change "all" to "some" and go on to explain what deserve means.....or did you intend to use the word entitled?

Ooh, a pile of pixie dust. *sniff*

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

I agree that your mentioned deficiencies take away from the perception of WDW perfection, but I am still amazed every year with the overall quality of our WDW vactions.

Good luck with your search for a replacement.....I think you may find you may have overreacted in your decision.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

-Yeti, still broken.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

Some observations:

-Yeti, still broken.
*Yes, but this is a massive structural issue that may not ever be fixed, but not out of indifference.

*There are a finite number of effects on Splash, so I think we could count the ones not working and I the ones that are regularly at issue are the hopping Brer Rabbit and the leapfrog fountains in the laughing place.

*Space Mountain to Big Thunder = 5years Big Thunder to Splash = 12yrs

*Ok

*I don't know why it's not a digital projection, it should be.

*I drop $175 to rent a car for the week, buses are buses.

*I don't care about the smokers but I am 100% with you on the #8@!ing flash #!%&ing photographers!

*I think they are matching new for old on these.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I don't know why everyone thinks I won't be posting here any more. Just because I cancelled 1 trip. Jeez, and I thought I was a Negative Nancy. I'm not saying my 1 trip cancellation will even be noticed. It's more of an issue of principle for me. I still love WDW and will definitely be going back, if nothing else to see the completed Fantasyland. If people are happy with complacency, then that's your business. I'm not. I spend a lot of money on my WDW vacations, and until I see them putting forth the effort that my vacation dollar is worth, then I'm holding off for a couple of years.

Hakuna, I'm not surprised at all to see your Jimmy Thick inspired "one less person in line" nonsense. Very typical.

I never said I didn't enjoy the product Disney delivers. Their complacency has simply pushed me to look at other vacation options. There are lots of places in the world folks. Not every plane leaving from your airport is a direct flight to Orlando. I'm by no means giving up on WDW. I do think they will rebound. They did it in the 80's. They can do it again. They just need the right person at the helm.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

The only way YOU can make your point to WDW is to do exactly what you have said and not go. As others have said, you not going will not make a difference but if enough people feel as you do and don't return, it will make a difference. There are plenty of places out there willing to take your vacation dollars and you should try them and take a break from WDW. Maybe you will miss it, maybe not. But the only real way of making your point is to spend your money elsewhere. I wish you well in your future vacations.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Because I had a trip planned and I cancelled it. Are the only trip cancellation threads allowed here the ones that have to do with cancelling because of money?

Personally I wouldn't start a thread about canceling a trip in a Trip Planning forum; I'd throw it in Chit Chat. Of course, you may not get as much traffic there.....

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
The only way YOU can make your point to WDW is to do exactly what you have said and not go. As others have said, you not going will not make a difference but if enough people feel as you do and don't return, it will make a difference. There are plenty of places out there willing to take your vacation dollars and you should try them and take a break from WDW. Maybe you will miss it, maybe not. But the only real way of making your point is to spend your money elsewhere. I wish you well in your future vacations.

Thanks. As I said, I'm not leaving this board and I'm certainly not giving up on WDW. It's still my favorite place in the world. But I simply refuse to ignore the issues that they are ignoring any more.

Obviously, I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan. Just because I am, doesn't mean I love everything they do. If they release a crappy song, I'll call them out on it. If a show lacks energy and enthusiasm, I'll say it. I really and truly don't understand why people take such offense and are in utter shock when anyone says anything negative about WDW. It perplexes me. You become shunned by the board as being some sort of traitor. Absolutely mind-boggling.

Upvote 0

WDWisAMAZING22

I respect your right to be angry with Walt Disney World because A LOT of things need updating and fixes. But Disney World is very big, and it seems that they are focusing more on the New Fantasyland. So maybe your list of things to be fixed will be fixed later on.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom