Pre-Trip So much has changed since last visit in 2009, both in life and at WDW! Saved for 6yrs booked 18mos!

So as you can see from the title my life is completely different from my last visit in 2009! I last stayed for 2 weeks at POFQ with my mum and dad.

Along with Disney, I visited Busch Gardens and Aquatica solo.

I have now been married for 5 years (unfortunately as he does not like flying, he will not be coming with us) and my son will be turning 6 just before the trip!

Who:

Me: Gemma, 33, Nottingham, UK, roughly 13th Visit. Ooooo and I will be 5mos pregnant during our trip! Favourite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast so very excited to see the new area in Fantasyland.

DS: Casey, 5, will be 6. Loves all things Disney. This is a surprise first trip!!! We have visited DLP twice but this will be on a whole other level for him. I think he will love Magic Kingdom and Blizzard Beach the most!!

Nanna: Denise, 60, approx 16th visit. Favourite film is Snow White. Favourite park is EPCOT Centre.

Grandad: Ray, 65, semi-retired, approx 16th visit. No idea of fave Disney film! Doesn't tend to share things like that. Loves fast rides and waterparks.

FB_IMG_1506331430885.jpg

Dad, myself and mum in 2009

20170924_112509.jpg

Casey yesterday, just before his ballet exam

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Where: AKL. Went to Boma in 2009 and fell in love! When we were considering where to stay the difference between the moderates with free qs DDP and AKL and free DDP was £100 each. It was a no-brainer.

Casey's favourite animals are giraffes so know he is going to be ecstatic when he finds out he can see them everyday.

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Monday 16th October

We are expected to land at MCO at around 3.20pm so we should have enough time to have a quick freshen up and change for mine and Casey's meal at Sanaa at 7.15pm. Would love it if we get time to go for a swim beforehand but am not holding my breathe. Bed straight after meal!!

Mum and dad are not really curry lovers so they do not have anything booked at this point. Think they may just see what is available on the day within one of the parks. N.B. We have 14 day passes but are there for 10 nights so they won't be 'wasting' a day.

Tuesday 17th October

Think we will be leaving the hotel just before 8am to get the MK opening show. I am a little disappointed that they no longer get the characters to come in on the train at the front of the park as Casey would have loved this but I do like the idea of earlier access to the park and rope drops at the lands.

We all have a 9.20am ADR at BOG. I really like the sound of the open-faced bacon and egg sandwich but with have to have it without the brie and the poached eggs will have to cooked rather than runny :arghh:. No TS ADR made for this day so will probably have lunch at Columbia harbour House or Pinocchio's, then a snack in the evening or vice versa.

Fastpasses booked for the day are:

All of us on Dumbo at 11.30
Mum and I PhilharMagic at 1.25
Casey and dad Space Mountain at 1.40
Mum, dad and Casey 7DMT at 3.20​

I do want to make sure we see The Muppets this day too at 10.25am showing but for the rest of the day we are pretty easy.

Not entirely sure what Casey is going to think about Space and 7DMT as we went to DLP when he was couple of month from 4 years old and he squealed with delight but then said his tummy felt funny afterwards.

When the others are on 7DMT, I will probably just go and have a drink and a sit down somewhere, perhaps at Gaston's.

As this is a party day, we will be leaving at 7pm, if not earlier and will definitely be going for a swim!!

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Wednesday 18th October

So this day we will be at EPCOT Centre. I am not sure what time we will be going as the only Fastpass we have sorted so far is for Frozen Ever After. It is not until 8.20pm.

Going to play this one by ear really, perhaps visit all of the countries and see what Fastpasses are available on the day. Have not seen the short film festival and know Casey would love to meet Joy, Happiness and Baymax so hope to squeeze them in somewhere.

We have an ADR at Teppan Edo for all four of us at 12.30pm. I really enjoyed this last time I went. Casey will love the experience and the food is simple enough so that he shouldn't be too fussy!

Not really sure where we will be eating breakfast and dinner. From reading trip reports and from Disney Junkies on Facebook, am wondering about splitting QS meals with Casey. I do have a reasonable sized appetite so looking for some reassurance that I wouldn't get too hungry between meals?? I am a Slimming World member (similar to weight watchers for those that have not heard of it) and because of being pregnant I can have 4 cereal bars per day as part of the plan (fibre). So should be OK but just wondering how everyone else has found that? I know we have the snacks to use but want to save as many of these as possible to take treats home.

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
17 days.jpg

Thursday 19th October

Today will start with a lie in, well as much of a lie in that will be allowed by Casey!

Breakfast will be a shared bounty platter at The Mara.

Water Park day!!!. Think we will play it by ear and just see which bus turns up first. Not sure on what time we will get to the bus stop but will aim to get the water parks soon after opening to get at least a half decent spot for the day.

As I cannot go on any of the water rides:(, I will mostly be spending my time at the bottom of the slides waiting for Casey to come down and on the lazy river!! I won't be doing much sunbathing as I do not cope in the sun long at the best of times. When I was pregnant with Casey I was photosensitive so won't be a good idea to sunbathe!

I am really excited for Casey to visit the water parks as he really loves playing in water!! I think he will be amazed by the surf pool at TL!

Lunch will be at any of the given QSs as there are quite a few options that I think we will like to share.

It is likely we will be leaving at 2 or 3ish as we have a 5pm FP for Soarin'. Timing will depend on whether we decide to shower at the park or at the hotel.

After Soaring' we all have an ADR at Chefs de France at 6.50pm. I really hope the Prix-Fixe is included as a TS credit as I really love French Onion Soup!! If not, this is the one starter I would consider paying OOP for!!

If we fit something in between or after the meal that's great, if not that is fine too!!

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
16.jpg

I now only have 1 more Saturday to work until I am officially off!! We are not leaving for the airport until the Sunday afternoon but on the Saturday I am going to a beer festival. No, I won't be drinking but we have a really good time, gives me a chance to see friends and they have some really nice food!

Friday 20th October

Animal Kingdom day!!

So we have a couple of options for breakfast; the Mara at 7am for the bounty platter or breakfast sandwiches at Yak and Yeti Café as soon as we arrive (aiming for 9am).

Straight afterwards at 9.55am we have FPs for all of us at Na'vi and I am wanting to catch the 11am showing of the Lion King. Mum, dad and Casey have FPs at Everest at 11.55am so I will be having some chill time to myself at this point. We all have an ADR at Yak and Yet at 1pm. Really looking forward to this one. Having the honey chicken and the dessert wontons!

No more FPs today but hoping to catch the 3pm showing of Finding Nemo, the rest we will play by ear.

No set plans for dinner.

Have a great weekend everyone x

amjt660

Premium Member
It sounds like a wonderful plan
Shame your husband can not join
Not sure if I missed it but have all of you made it to DLP?
At least he doesn't have to fly to that one!

Following along
Have a great trip

Max

John park hopper

So as you can see from the title my life is completely different from my last visit in 2009! I last stayed for 2 weeks at POFQ with my mum and dad.

Along with Disney, I visited Busch Gardens and Aquatica solo.

I have now been married for 5 years (unfortunately as he does not like flying, he will not be coming with us) and my son will be turning 6 just before the trip!

Who:

Me: Gemma, 33, Nottingham, UK, roughly 13th Visit. Ooooo and I will be 5mos pregnant during our trip! Favourite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast so very excited to see the new area in Fantasyland.

DS: Casey, 5, will be 6. Loves all things Disney. This is a surprise first trip!!! We have visited DLP twice but this will be on a whole other level for him. I think he will love Magic Kingdom and Blizzard Beach the most!!

Nanna: Denise, 60, approx 16th visit. Favourite film is Snow White. Favourite park is EPCOT Centre.

Grandad: Ray, 65, semi-retired, approx 16th visit. No idea of fave Disney film! Doesn't tend to share things like that. Loves fast rides and waterparks.

View attachment 233021
Dad, myself and mum in 2009

View attachment 233024
Casey yesterday, just before his ballet exam
I'm not big on flying either so my family Doc prescribs what My wife (retired nurse) calls happy pills; 2 of those and and I'm set to go. Shame your husband is missing out on a fun time.

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
Unfortunately it isn't just the actual flight when he suffers, it is the weeks/months beforehand that he also is very anxious. Cannot be on sedatives for that long as he has a manual job.

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
13.jpg

Eeeek this time in two weeks we will be just finishing up our BOG breakfast!!!

Saturday 21st October

Hollywood Studios day!

Looking like the Mara for breakfast again between 7 and 7.30am. It is quite disappointing the lack of QS breakfast options but especially at HS. Would much rather eat at the parks but then again it gives time for food to settle before rides.

This used to be my favourite park just not sure that it will be this trip especially not being to ride TOT or Rockin' Rollercoaster. With Casey being with us though we will be watching more shows than we normally would anyway.

The first Fastpass of the day will be for all of us on Toy Story Mania at 9.30. Casey adored Buzz at DLP so know he is going to love this.

When we were at DLP, Casey also rode TOT. He didn't mind the 'scary' aspects of this but he said the drops made his tummy feel funny and would never go on it again. Mum and dad are riding with Fastpasses at 11.05 so Casey and I have Frozen Sing-Along booked at 11am. If he decides he does want to give it a go at some point, dad will be more than happy to take him on!

After this we all have Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic! package booked for all of us at 1pm. Heard some bad reviews for here but gonna give it a try, it can't all be bad, right?

Then we are looking at 3.10pm showing of Disney Junior (not sure mum and dad will be joining us on this one), 4pm showing of Beauty and the Beast (one of my favourite shows and all-time favourite film) and 6pm showing of Indie.

Depending on how hungry we are at this point will see about a QS meal before or after the 8.30 showing of Fantasmic! Hopefully we will also catch a glimpse of the Star Wars show, if not we can do that another time.

Then it'll be back to AKL!

Gem Bateman

Original Poster
single.jpg

Eeeeek!!

A week tomorrow we will be on our way to Manchester to stay near the airport!!

Sunday 22nd October

Another water park day!! So whichever park we went to last time, we will likely go to the opposite this time.

Again will be a lie in and breakfast at The Mara.

After the waterpark, Casey and I have Fastpasses at Peter Pan for 5.10pm and then an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for just Casey and I at 6.45. Casey loves Cinderella and I cannot wait to meet the ugly sisters!! Anything else we can fit in before and after will be a bonus but will depend at how tired Casey is.

Monday 23rd - Wednesday 25th

These days are going to depend on which parks we would like to revisit because of missing anything but we have these plans;

Monday - Test Track for mum, dad and Casey at 7pm, myself at SSE at 7.05pm, Rose and Crown 7.55pm and Illuminations at 9pm for all
Tuesday - The Wave at 1pm for all, FOP for mum, dad and Casey at 5.05pm and Tough to be a Bug at 5.10pm for me. We will all watch River of lights this evening.
Wednesday - Last full day :'-( !! Casey and I have Little mermaid booked at 6pm, Crystal Palace at 7.15pm, then will be watching Happily Ever After.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom